Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387336 times)

Eriaror

• Ilmarinen
  • Scout
  • Intermediate apprentice of webpage wizardry
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #10935 on: September 28, 2015, 01:32:25 PM »
mumbles something about how there is a user ID tag in development that may or may not be added later
Actually, the last time (but only the last) each user pressed a button (the button can be any of the two) is already kept, it's needed for the once-a-day restriction. Besides this, the times of the last NO and the last yes, and the total numbers of NO's and YES's are stored.
I could implement proper logging in the future, but only if it's needed... ::)
Native :hungary: | Fluent :uk: | Fading :germany:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #10936 on: September 28, 2015, 01:43:19 PM »
Buuut now class is over and the posting must go on. Don't worry, I'll be at 3333 in a month or so.... ;)

Whoa, girl! Slow down, it's not a race! Look at who I'm talking to, why do I bother? :P
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #10937 on: September 28, 2015, 01:49:22 PM »
You and me both I suppose.
me three hahahaahahaha ha i'm hilarious

i'm glad you're all thinking of me when you see matching digit numbers.

Ok so according to my graph of people's posting averages Haiz and Fimby are actually going to get to 3333 on the same day in about 28 days give or take. After that Haiz will take over as having the most posts. Haiz is predicted to pass Sunflower in about 17 days, same day I'm predicted to hit 2500. I'll probably get to 3333 a week or two after Haiz and Fim hit it. Also if anyone is curious, if posting rates continue as is, I'll pass Haiz in 519 days at 10584 posts.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #10938 on: September 28, 2015, 01:52:10 PM »
Ok so according to my graph of people's posting averages Haiz and Fimby are actually going to get to 3333 on the same day in about 28 days give or take. After that Haiz will take over as having the most posts. Haiz is predicted to pass Sunflower in about 17 days, same day I'm predicted to hit 2500. I'll probably get to 3333 a week or two after Haiz and Fim hit it. Also if anyone is curious, if posting rates continue as is, I'll pass Haiz in 519 days at 10584 posts.
oh dang this means I should try to post my average every day then O:

these statistics are really cool and utterly terrifying : D
you'll know where to find me.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #10939 on: September 28, 2015, 02:18:37 PM »

these statistics are really cool and utterly terrifying : D

I'll never forget though when Viola said you'd pass me in a week or two and it took a month and a half :P

Hhhhhh I just took a two hour nap and I still feel bleh. Why do I do this to myself

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #10940 on: September 28, 2015, 02:32:30 PM »
I'll never forget though when Viola said you'd pass me in a week or two and it took a month and a half :P

Hhhhhh I just took a two hour nap and I still feel bleh. Why do I do this to myself

The graph only takes into account how things are now. If Haiz all of a sudden stops posting then it would throw the results completely off. It's mostly just for fun speculation. And it does sometimes come out close. You got promoted to admiral of a ship within a few days of the graph's prediction for you. Same with Fimby and Sunflower. Haiz's posting slowed at that time so that prediction was off.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #10941 on: September 28, 2015, 02:37:08 PM »
The graph only takes into account how things are now. If Haiz all of a sudden stops posting then it would throw the results completely off. It's mostly just for fun speculation. And it does sometimes come out close. You got promoted to admiral of a ship within a few days of the graph's prediction for you. Same with Fimby and Sunflower. Haiz's posting slowed at that time so that prediction was off.

Yeah, I noticed. Does your graph say how long it'll be until I pass Sunflower?

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #10942 on: September 28, 2015, 02:38:56 PM »

Does double 3333 mean so much to you :P ?

I usually feel bad after taking naps.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #10943 on: September 28, 2015, 02:42:57 PM »
Does double 3333 mean so much to you :P ?
now it does.

Haiz's posting slowed at that time so that prediction was off.
hey, no one could keep up that ridiculous posting average for as lo- you know what, never mind...
you'll know where to find me.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #10944 on: September 28, 2015, 02:48:51 PM »

About 268 days. It says I'll pass you in about 78 and her in 97. I'm usually pretty skeptical about the accuracy of anything outside of a month though so we'll see.

hey, no one could keep up that ridiculous posting average for as lo- you know what, never mind...

*Viola remembers that one day she posted +50 times...
*Viola hides
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 02:50:39 PM by Feartheviolas »

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #10945 on: September 28, 2015, 03:14:01 PM »

About 268 days. It says I'll pass you in about 78 and her in 97. I'm usually pretty skeptical about the accuracy of anything outside of a month though so we'll see.

*Viola hides

Curse you, Viola, and your magic future-predicting graphs!  *rubs hands evilly, begins looking up how to 3D-print a Poison Apple of Forum-Posting Handicappery for Upstart Newbies*    :o
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Mélusine

« Reply #10946 on: September 28, 2015, 03:16:31 PM »
*Viola hides
Might it be the day someone thought "She's always here, always posting, she would be perfect as a skald" ? :P
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #10947 on: September 28, 2015, 03:17:11 PM »
Actually, the last time (but only the last) each user pressed a button (the button can be any of the two) is already kept, it's needed for the once-a-day restriction. Besides this, the times of the last NO and the last yes, and the total numbers of NO's and YES's are stored.
I could implement proper logging in the future, but only if it's needed... ::)

For some reason all I see at fimby.no is this text:
"This is a site for an in-joke on the Stand Still. Stay Silent Fan-Forum. :) Only members allowed to access."

I post, therefore I am (a member)...no? ::)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 03:19:01 PM by DaveBro (Phasing out "ReturnOf") »
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #10948 on: September 28, 2015, 03:23:49 PM »
For some reason all I see at fimby.no is this text:
"This is a site for an in-joke on the Stand Still. Stay Silent Fan-Forum. :) Only members allowed to access."

I post, therefore I am (a member)...no? ::)

Ohh several other people reported having that problem too, including Eich... I shall go see if we can get something done about that.

Edit: Ok, just spoke to Eri, he says try this: https://ssssforum.com/thingies/fimbyno.php

Might it be the day someone thought "She's always here, always posting, she would be perfect as a skald" ? :P

No actually they were two different days. The day I posted so much was the day before I left for Japan. It was also the day before I got my promotion to ranger. June 20something. I really wanted to make ranger before I left for Japan because I thought I'd have to take a hiatus during my time there. I was wrong. But hey you know, better save than sorry :P The skald conversation started when I sent Sunny a PM on August 7th, about a month and a half later.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 03:25:37 PM by Feartheviolas »

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #10949 on: September 28, 2015, 03:27:18 PM »
No actually they were two different days. The day I posted so much was the day before I left for Japan. It was also the day before I got my promotion to ranger. June 20something. I really wanted to make ranger before I left for Japan because I thought I'd have to take a hiatus during my time there. I was wrong. But hey you know, better save than sorry :P The skald conversation started when I sent Sunny a PM on August 7th, about a month and a half later.

^^^ And that right there is why she became a skald. Remembers everything that goes on around here (or at least knows how to find it ;) )
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!