Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2409335 times)

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #10845 on: September 26, 2015, 10:43:48 AM »
Thank you for making a community so vibrant that I regret not doing anything before. This probably should go somewhere else, but this was triggered by Owl's Nostalgia/Shame Train, so yeah. There we go.
No not the Shame Train! D: (*dons drivers hat* All aboard! TOOT TOOT) I get to ride because of all the dumb things I did do... u__u T-terrible. I mean, I look back at early forum posts and there's like, five million "Heehee X3"s. Granted, I have only slightly improved by removing the "heehee"s and replacing them with "like"s. It's a real curse. Fuelled by Klor Liksom And then there's like, dangit all the old "oh yes let me tell you all about my lIfE oN The fARM hEe hEE cATs" posts.
Maybe I was going to cringe whatever I may have written, but I am cringing. <_< I'll probably cringe at this very post maybe next week! Even in the comments.....noooooooooo I can't remove the comments x_x they used to be sensible and about the art and Mikko's poems and then I got sucked into the voooiiiiid. The void of...interaction...duhn dUHN DOOOOOOO!
I even got so curious about what the old comments even looked like and oh my gosh it's like a different Owl. I apparently swooned over Reynir?? I also said THIS:
"*stares into middle-distance as flashbacks of horrible beards dance before my eyes* OmO"
"I still don't understand what this snu snu thing is.....? :/"
"Hehee....Dali..... X3 *whimsical chuckle*"
"It's going to be a fairly laid-back wedding. >;P"
Wait
Oh no
I found it
The beginning of the end.
https://disqus.com/home/discussion/sssscomic/stand_still_stay_silent_webcomic_page_177/#comment-1577278167
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #10846 on: September 26, 2015, 02:41:29 PM »
Today has been a cleaning day. There's still plenty to do but as it's already half past six the rest can wait until tomorrow... now I'll just finish with the laundry and then I'll have a beer and call it a day.

My current pain-o-meter has also provided the following two facts: 1) I use my right leg a lot more than the left one when hiking on mountains and 2) people who are too lazy to stretch afterwards deserve everything that's coming to them in the following days.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #10847 on: September 26, 2015, 03:00:24 PM »
people who are too lazy to stretch afterwards deserve everything that's coming to them in the following days.

*cringes*
If only I spent 5-10 minutes a day on basic stretches my life would probably be considerably less painful. If only. The struggle is real.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #10848 on: September 26, 2015, 03:06:52 PM »
people who are too lazy to stretch afterwards deserve everything that's coming to them in the following days.
Yesterday evening our teacher stressed us on stretching. We have some young teenagers with us. Better not to look at them during the exercise or you understand you're everything but NOT supple *Sighs*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #10849 on: September 26, 2015, 03:23:31 PM »
Archery club had a bit of an anniversary celebration in the forest, and we were supposed to be camping and staying in tents and stuff, buuuuuuuuut that was a bit optimistic considering it's late september. it was wet and cold and miserable, and while we had fun I'm glad to be home again even if I was looking forward to this for a while hahaha
you'll know where to find me.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #10850 on: September 26, 2015, 03:32:16 PM »
Archery club had a bit of an anniversary celebration in the forest, and we were supposed to be camping and staying in tents and stuff, buuuuuuuuut that was a bit optimistic considering it's late september. it was wet and cold and miserable, and while we had fun I'm glad to be home again even if I was looking forward to this for a while hahaha

Every archery club needs a tree house to hold club meetings in. Complete with a ballista and a drunk friar.

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #10851 on: September 26, 2015, 03:50:23 PM »
Every archery club needs a tree house to hold club meetings in. Complete with a ballista and a drunk friar.
if I suggested this I believe most clubmembers would agree. I can actually bring it up at the next annual meeting...

oh, and people were grilling cookies again. and bamsemums. and one guy has a grilling spear that glows blue and makes lightsaber sounds. and another guy apparently has a collection of arrowheads he makes out of beer bottle bottoms.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #10852 on: September 26, 2015, 03:51:57 PM »
if I suggested this I believe most clubmembers would agree. I can actually bring it up at the next annual meeting...

oh, and people were grilling cookies again. and bamsemums. and one guy has a grilling spear that glows blue and makes lightsaber sounds. and another guy apparently has a collection of arrowheads he makes out of beer bottle bottoms.

*moves to Norway*
*joins Haiz's archery club*
*borrows Haiz's clothes*
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Mélusine

« Reply #10853 on: September 26, 2015, 03:56:46 PM »
*moves to Norway*
*joins Haiz's archery club*
*borrows Haiz's clothes*
You'll continue trying, isn't it ?
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #10854 on: September 26, 2015, 05:14:42 PM »

That sounds like a lot of fun. What's a bamsemum?
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #10855 on: September 26, 2015, 05:16:21 PM »
*borrows Haiz's clothes*
HOW DARE

That sounds like a lot of fun. What's a bamsemum?

a literal translation would be "teddynom"

also psa my icon really looks like me a lot

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #10856 on: September 26, 2015, 05:25:41 PM »

a literal translation would be "teddynom"

Those look gooooood. What's inside them?
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #10857 on: September 26, 2015, 05:27:25 PM »
Those look gooooood. What's inside them?
it's kinda marshmallow-y?

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #10858 on: September 26, 2015, 06:26:21 PM »
I HEARD BAMSEMUMS Ah, sorry, they just happen to be my all-time-favourite norwegian sweet. But it's been so long since I've eaten them... must travel to Norway again soon.
*wanders off to research travel cost*
*crying in a corner*
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

eyjafjallajoke

« Reply #10859 on: September 26, 2015, 07:21:08 PM »
They look and sound so good.