Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387272 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #10785 on: September 24, 2015, 08:19:40 AM »
What do a day without update when it's grey outside ? Mmmh, where is the book with this kanelbullar receipe ?
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #10786 on: September 24, 2015, 08:24:33 AM »
Oh now I'm not bothered by it at all. 7 year old me was quite competitive about these things :P but I actually quite enjoy being capricorn now. Goats are cool, they have square pupils.

Do you ever pull a spotted goat? :)

That would explain your kleptomaniacal skills. ;D
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 08:26:39 AM by DaveBro (Phasing out "ReturnOf") »
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #10787 on: September 24, 2015, 09:21:16 AM »
What do a day without update when it's grey outside ? Mmmh, where is the book with this kanelbullar receipe ?

I didn't know what those were, looked them up, and now I'm very peckish!
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Mélusine

« Reply #10788 on: September 24, 2015, 09:40:06 AM »
I didn't know what those were, looked them up, and now I'm very peckish!
One ingredient is missing, I'll try to find it tomorrow and to bake some for Saturday morning :) It doesn't seems very difficult, but it requires time, like the männele I prepare for December 6th. I'll probably have too many kanelbullar, if you want to come near to Paris ^^
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #10789 on: September 24, 2015, 09:54:14 AM »
I'll probably have too many kanelbullar, if you want to come near to Paris ^^

Don't tempt me..
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
I write a bit on AO3

Mélusine

« Reply #10790 on: September 24, 2015, 10:03:01 AM »
Don't tempt me..
You'll be welcome ! ^^ And the program for the morning will be hit monsters (collaborative board game) ::)
*Begin to think she would like more meet-ups. Remembers she's poor for the end of the year. Decides to use this time to learn to cook more recipes like this one for a next meet-up later*

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #10791 on: September 24, 2015, 10:09:28 AM »
You'll be welcome ! ^^ And the program for the morning will be hit monsters (collaborative board game) ::)
*Begin to think she would like more meet-ups. Remembers she's poor for the end of the year. Decides to use this time to learn to cook more recipes like this one for a next meet-up later*

Remembers I'm a university student in the UK - and therefore poor forever. Our tuitions fees are... not insignificant.  :(
I write a bit on AO3

Mélusine

« Reply #10792 on: September 24, 2015, 10:17:24 AM »
Remembers I'm a university student in the UK - and therefore poor forever. Our tuitions fees are... not insignificant.  :(
I'm sorry :( Sometimes I forgot how lucky I have been with university in France.

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #10793 on: September 24, 2015, 11:40:56 AM »
I tried that typing thing.

Words per minute (WPM)   79
Keystrokes   396
(396 | 0)
Correct words   78
Wrong words   0
You are better than 93.2% of all users (position 11599 of 170466 - last 24 hours)

I actually did make mistakes, but I managed to fix them before hitting the space bar so I guess they didn't get counted.
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #10794 on: September 24, 2015, 11:54:55 AM »
Well, it's like when you open the fridge and find out that you have 30 litres of chocolate milk, but it will go sour the next day j/k it's a good sign obv
but that's the perfect excuse to drink 30 litres of chocolate milk immediately

i actually dreamt/nightmared that we were all out of milk, but when i woke up i discovered we still had five cartons. after all that stress it caused me in the dream...
you'll know where to find me.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #10795 on: September 24, 2015, 12:40:15 PM »
but that's the perfect excuse to drink 30 litres of chocolate milk immediately

Haiz that kills people! It's meant to be ambiguous whether it's good or bad ne... *cough* anyways, bottomline is 'yes, we *points at Laufey and Viola* will figure something out.

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #10796 on: September 24, 2015, 12:52:56 PM »
Haiz that kills people!
welp good thing we don't have the fridge filled with 30 litres of choclety milk............

in my history as a torucon volunteer, i've had a tendency to find things like an unopened carton of chocolate milk (as well as a SD memory card, a whole bundle of clothes, etc) and it's not like it can stay in lost&found, and the store wouldn't have it back, so SOMEONE had to do the hard duty of drinking it as to not let it go to waste..................

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #10797 on: September 24, 2015, 01:24:16 PM »
Hey Sunflower, do you think the typing thing qualifies as something that should be listed in the personality tests thread or something? Otherwise it will get lost forever in here.

Good question.  Typing speed isn't a topic personal enough to *need* to move to the Personality Tests thread, but it would be a good fit, and worth saving.
Likewise the astrology discussion.

Those of you who posted on those topics, your preferences?
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #10798 on: September 24, 2015, 01:35:31 PM »
Those of you who posted on those topics, your preferences?
*shrugs*
we've also had some astrology talk earlier, when I brought up celtic tree zodiacs......

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #10799 on: September 24, 2015, 01:52:12 PM »
*shrugs*
we've also had some astrology talk earlier, when I brought up celtic tree zodiacs......

And also, IIRC, in the personality tests thread already... It kind of seems to come up a lot.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13: