Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387352 times)

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #10545 on: September 19, 2015, 01:30:33 AM »
Eee, I'm so excited to eventually read it! :D I almost started mine last year after like one month of planning HA ha ha

Also hey, it's page 700! \o/

It will in fact be up soon! I just started thumbnailing now and I'm going to work on the cover page :D So, hmmmmm, depending on how much of a buffer I want to get up, in the next month maybe??

Makes me think a Webcomics Creation Discussion thread would be handy, for Curry rambles, and others.
I'm all for this! I could get on it right now, actually?
YEET

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #10546 on: September 19, 2015, 01:39:05 AM »
*doubleposts and points people over to the new thread*
YEET

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #10547 on: September 19, 2015, 01:41:24 AM »
I had an adventure today!  With other humans!  /o/  My friend asked me in class if I felt like going to pick apples, and in my head I was like, "No, there are soooo many things I would rather do."  But I said yes anyway cause I need to get out more.  Went and met up with his friends, set off, and arrived at the farm.  The place was beautiful, up in the hilltops and surrounded by forest. 

The first thing we found was an apple slingshot right by the house that guests could use to shoot rotten apples.  Mine almost went into the disc golf hole nearby.  ;D  But me and my friend picked some apples and decided to go walk to the big hill off in the distance. 

We made it about a mile before we found a TREE HOUSE.  WITH A HAMMOCK HIGH UP IN IT.  *gestures to emphasize how cool it was*  It was like 10 meters high, in a big old tree.  And then the rest of the group caught up to us and we all hung out in the tree house.  :D  There was also a wedding rehearsal going on in the main house, so there was a really scenic cross set up on the pavilion that I happened to get a pretty picture with.  Very fun Friday.  :3 
Apple adventure farm fun time!!!

Spoiler: show

Hammock Eich!

And here's the view from the hammock.  Nice and shady.

Wow, that sounds like the most best autumn adventure -- it makes me nostalgic for apple season in New England, where I went to college.  The tree house must have been incredible.  Overall, it sounds like just what the doctor ordered.
(And that hammock photo is a damsel-slayer; use that smile responsibly, son.)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #10548 on: September 19, 2015, 01:43:02 AM »
Makes me think a Webcomics Creation Discussion thread would be handy, for Curry rambles, and others.

I had so many starts and stops with webcomics it's just terrible...>.>

Would you like me to move the latest posts on this topic over to the new thread?

The outline I had for my practice webcomic was actually much more complete than I remembered! Nice! It's also like 35 chapters but 6 of them are SUPER DUPER SHORT so that makes it less intimidating to start?? Nice. Nice nice nice nice. sorry it's like 1 am and I'm really tired and somewhat sleep deprived and considering just jumping in and starting a webcomic without any knowledge of how to make comic pages digitally, ahahahahaha, oops,,,,,,,, help me
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #10549 on: September 19, 2015, 01:46:20 AM »
Would you like me to move the latest posts on this topic over to the new thread?

Sure! I did just PM the two I know have webcomics to ask about being allowed to post them in the index but would the ownership still change if I'm to post about it? :\
YEET

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #10550 on: September 19, 2015, 01:48:31 AM »
It will in fact be up soon! I just started thumbnailing now and I'm going to work on the cover page :D So, hmmmmm, depending on how much of a buffer I want to get up, in the next month maybe??
I'm all for this! I could get on it right now, actually?

...You're reminding me when I said the exact same words back in May or June... >___>

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Dane Murgen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • wannabe polyglot
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them/Their
« Reply #10551 on: September 19, 2015, 02:26:16 AM »

I had so many starts and stops with webcomics it's just terrible...>.>

*doubleposts and points people over to the new thread*

* Dane Murgen laughs awkwardly.

I found Lenny's version of the topic from way back. I posted on your thread already about it. Sorry for bothering!
A life without death is a life not worth living.

Survived: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11:

Speaks+reads: :newzealand:
Speaks: :philippines:
Barely reads: :france:
Can read a few sentences: :china:
Want to learn: twelve other languages, *sigh*

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #10552 on: September 19, 2015, 02:39:42 AM »

I found Lenny's version of the topic from way back. I posted on your thread already about it. Sorry for bothering!

No, it's not bothering at all.  Thanks for spotting the older thread!  Curry, are you OK with merging the threads?  We try to avoid multiple threads on the same topic.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #10553 on: September 19, 2015, 04:24:00 AM »
Today was my last day at work.
I'm not crying.
My coworkers gave me a going-away card though!

And my uncle-in-law got me cookies.
Cookies help. Especially chocolate chip.
Awwwwww *Hugs* At least it was a good experience for you and I'm sure you'll keep good memories from these weeks :) *Offers tea and chocolate*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #10554 on: September 19, 2015, 05:12:06 AM »
I had an adventure today!  With other humans!  /o/  My friend asked me in class if I felt like going to pick apples, and in my head I was like, "No, there are soooo many things I would rather do."  But I said yes anyway cause I need to get out more.  Went and met up with his friends, set off, and arrived at the farm.  The place was beautiful, up in the hilltops and surrounded by forest.  The first thing we found was an apple slingshot right by the house that guests could use to shoot rotten apples.  Mine almost went into the disc golf hole nearby.  ;D  But me and my friend picked some apples and decided to go walk to the big hill off in the distance.  We made it about a mile before we found a TREE HOUSE.  WITH A HAMMOCK HIGH UP IN IT.  *gestures to emphasize how cool it was*  It was like 10 meters high, in a big old tree.  And then the rest of the group caught up to us and we all hung out in the tree house.  :D  There was also a wedding rehearsal going on in the main house, so there was a really scenic cross set up on the pavilion that I happened to get a pretty picture with.  Very fun Friday.  :3 
Apple adventure farm fun time!!!

Spoiler: show

Hammock Eich!

And here's the view from the hammock.  Nice and shady.

This sounds like a perfect way of spending a day! The only way to improve it would indeed be:

1: seize tree fort and stock up on apples
2: mount slingshot in tree fort
3: declare the foundation of the Republic of Squirreltree

Today was my last day at work.
I'm not crying.
My coworkers gave me a going-away card though!

And my uncle-in-law got me cookies.
Cookies help. Especially chocolate chip.

We stack up experiences as we go... crying is perfectly fine when you're ending one (nooooot that I'm saying you're crying, I would never doubt your word). That's the best going-away card ever!
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #10555 on: September 19, 2015, 07:30:53 AM »
Ha-ha, I know I'm probably beating a dead horse here, but everyone has been throwing around talk of tumblr lately, and I've been thinking of joining. Do you think  I should make one that is for my art, and another separate one for my musings or reblogings? Because it seems like a lot of tumblr is fun nonsensical gifs and inspirational quotes and funny stories, but a part of me also feels like if I made an account, I should take it seriously and not just spam it with other people's stuff?
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #10556 on: September 19, 2015, 08:09:56 AM »
Lots of people have art blogs and reblog blogs, so no, it's not unusual. But in my opinion the programming of tumblr is very user unfriendly, and it's more of an image sharing service than a image hosting one, because it tends to squish,squash,and compress images horribly. And the image links are really long. So yeah, that's why I've been using imgur lately.

And let's not mention the new update. Thank god I downloaded something to change it back.

But yeah, go for it.

Bleh, just to warn you about how it looks,aside from everything else.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
« Reply #10557 on: September 19, 2015, 08:25:04 AM »
Sometimes I'm really happy to be the art-friend. Mostly around holidays and birthday when I can give out art as gifts  ;D

also people stop asking me to draw them around holiday time
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8:

eyjafjallajoke

« Reply #10558 on: September 19, 2015, 08:58:35 AM »
Sometimes I'm really happy to be the art-friend. Mostly around holidays and birthday when I can give out art as gifts  ;D

also people stop asking me to draw them around holiday time

I'm like, this counts as a gift.
I draw people stuff for birthdays too.
People at school have stopped asking me to draw them because I've said no so many times.
People thought it was cool to tell me to draw something, and I don't agree for sure, and then a few days later, get upset and ask where their drawing is.. yeah. I like drawing things for people, but only if we both 100% agree on it, or if it's like, gift art or something..

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #10559 on: September 19, 2015, 11:18:52 AM »

No, it's not bothering at all.  Thanks for spotting the older thread!  Curry, are you OK with merging the threads?  We try to avoid multiple threads on the same topic.

Oops, I had no idea! Go ahead and merge :0 Sorry about that!
YEET