Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387435 times)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #10440 on: September 14, 2015, 04:50:07 PM »
Also, I'm curious if anyone would like to do a Dungeons & Dragons roleplay because I have a DM manual and a player's handbook and I would like to use them.  But I've never run a game before so I would need a few "guinea pigs" to practice on...I can make a thread for discussing it if a few people show interest.

I might be interested depending on which edition you use. I'm not really up for learning the new rulesets.

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #10441 on: September 14, 2015, 04:59:23 PM »
I might be interested depending on which edition you use. I'm not really up for learning the new rulesets.

I have the 5th Edition books.
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #10442 on: September 14, 2015, 05:11:51 PM »
Heh, thanks for the informative summaries, Yuuago and Jethan. ;)
Now I want to drink the chocolate milk that's in our fridge but I can't because it's not mine... nonono don't take it, be strong... :-X
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #10443 on: September 14, 2015, 05:54:01 PM »
Heh, thanks for the informative summaries, Yuuago and Jethan. ;)
Now I want to drink the chocolate milk that's in our fridge but I can't because it's not mine... nonono don't take it, be strong... :-X

You could make chocolate milk from scratch.  Especially if you have some chocolate syrup that can be mixed with milk, but I prefer using cocoa powder and sugar with milk (though that has to be heated to dissolve the sugar).
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #10444 on: September 14, 2015, 06:09:37 PM »
I went today for a study session outdoors which turned into a bird-watching session, and that was pretty great! :D
I saw a hummingbird bullying an ovenbird mercilessly, flying over it and pecking its head, and it was hilarious. Hummingbirds are evil little things, and I love them.
Also, I saw a little dove who fell of its nest and couldn't get back. It was so little and scared, and the mom dove tried to make it fly back to the nest, without success. I tried to catch the little dove and put it back in the tree, but it ran away from me, and I gave up after a few minutes. Later I asked the janitor to look for it, and apparently it made its way back to a small tree.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
« Reply #10445 on: September 14, 2015, 10:06:53 PM »
Guess who got a tumblr? Deer. Me.
http://ohdear-deer.tumblr.com
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #10446 on: September 14, 2015, 10:10:25 PM »

That's great!  Do you want to announce it either in the SSSS Tumblr thread or Other Social Media?  I'm afraid the news will get quickly buried here. 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

eyjafjallajoke

« Reply #10447 on: September 14, 2015, 10:19:43 PM »

Oh boy, welcome to tumblr!

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #10448 on: September 15, 2015, 07:13:55 AM »
We were chatting with Viola yesterday and she randomly asked me "are there any Canadians on the forum you don't know?" because it's actually a bit surprising how many Canadian friends I have. I just replied that I had no idea because in all honesty I have never counted my Canuck collection, but just now I happened to look up and realized what's dangling almost on top of my head whenever I'm at my computer:

ooops. All this time I was using a lure and had no idea, just kept wondering how on earth I managed to friend with Canadians so much when all I do is try to get them to visit Iceland and/or to fight me.

(I'm not taking it down.)
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #10449 on: September 15, 2015, 07:39:22 AM »
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #10450 on: September 15, 2015, 07:44:58 AM »
We were chatting with Viola yesterday and she randomly asked me "are there any Canadians on the forum you don't know?" because it's actually a bit surprising how many Canadian friends I have. I just replied that I had no idea because in all honesty I have never counted my Canuck collection, but just now I happened to look up and realized what's dangling almost on top of my head whenever I'm at my computer:

ooops. All this time I was using a lure and had no idea, just kept wondering how on earth I managed to friend with Canadians so much when all I do is try to get them to visit Iceland and/or to fight me.

(I'm not taking it down.)

It all makes perfect sense now. I can't believe you were unaware. ;p
(You just want more maple syrup, don't you, that's why you keep trying to get Canucks to visit Iceland. I'm onto you.)
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #10451 on: September 15, 2015, 08:01:18 AM »
....I knew it

Þú veist ekkert Vi Snjór.

It all makes perfect sense now. I can't believe you were unaware. ;p
(You just want more maple syrup, don't you, that's why you keep trying to get Canucks to visit Iceland. I'm onto you.)

Shhh. Maple syrup is delicious and everyone knows Canucks are the natural source of it. What else can I do.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #10452 on: September 15, 2015, 08:09:20 AM »
Shhh. Maple syrup is delicious and everyone knows Canucks are the natural source of it. What else can I do.

Well, I guess I can't argue with that. I'll bring more next time I visit, I promise~!
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #10453 on: September 15, 2015, 08:11:38 AM »
just kept wondering how on earth I managed to friend with Canadians so much when all I do is try to get them to visit Iceland and/or to fight me.

Why would you fight a Canadian? Is it like metaphorical fighting where you try to apologise the most?

I take it "Canuck" is slang for more than just 'a person from Canada' *Mass Effect 2 flashbacks*

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #10454 on: September 15, 2015, 08:16:37 AM »
What's even stranger is that both Yuuago and I found you on the internet before the forum was even created...  :o

Þú veist ekkert Vi Snjór.

*remembers something Laufey said 2 years ago*

Why would you fight a Canadian? Is it like metaphorical fighting where you try to apologise the most?

It's because she knows that it'll always end in this:
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help