Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387808 times)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #10380 on: September 13, 2015, 04:20:47 PM »
this only proves how norwegians will ignore any mushrooms that aren't chanterelles, honestly. goshdarn mushroomophobes

I can't even identify a chanterelle - and even if I could I would probably not risk it. Mushrooms can straight up kill you if you don't know what you're doing.

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #10381 on: September 13, 2015, 04:27:48 PM »
Haiz brings the fungus among us.   8)
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #10382 on: September 13, 2015, 04:30:41 PM »
I can't even identify a chanterelle - and even if I could I would probably not risk it. Mushrooms can straight up kill you if you don't know what you're doing.
one time, when I was very smol and on a trip with my school somewhere in the forest, I brought my mushroom identifying book. and i found this beautiful colourful spongey mushroom (there are no poisonous sponge mushrooms in norway) and my book said that it's a Very Good Mushrom and that it turns blue when you cut in it. so I did, and it did turn blue and this one classmate goes to me, smacks it out of my hand like "DONT EAT IT'S POISONOUS"
you'll know where to find me.

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #10383 on: September 13, 2015, 04:40:27 PM »
everyone look at this look!!!!

I APPROVE OF THIS POST SO VERY MUCH. THANK YOU.

one time, when I was very smol and on a trip with my school somewhere in the forest, I brought my mushroom identifying book. and i found this beautiful colourful spongey mushroom (there are no poisonous sponge mushrooms in norway) and my book said that it's a Very Good Mushrom and that it turns blue when you cut in it. so I did, and it did turn blue and this one classmate goes to me, smacks it out of my hand like "DONT EAT IT'S POISONOUS"

Haha, I'd be waaay too afraid even with a mushroom identifying book.

Also that gif reminds me of a sweet, fizzy kind of thing I liked. Ot was like... These small pieces of stuff. You put them in your mouth and let fizzy begin. I loved them and hated them at the same time.
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
« Reply #10384 on: September 13, 2015, 04:51:26 PM »
>snip!<
Also that gif reminds me of a sweet, fizzy kind of thing I liked. Ot was like... These small pieces of stuff. You put them in your mouth and let fizzy begin. I loved them and hated them at the same time.

Pop rocks?  Willy Wonka "Nerds?"  "Fizzies" drink mix tablets?  ???
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #10385 on: September 13, 2015, 04:55:25 PM »
phew, so this was an eventful weekend. waving flags, socializing, eating a looot of cake, even going to church... and oh, yeah, I stole a couple mushrooms from my neighbour's lawn yesterday:

MUSHROOMS I love mushrooms. They have a mushroom hunting event where I used to live and one of my former teachers was absolutely obsessed with mushrooms and we used to talk about them all the time. Ok sorry done carry on.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #10386 on: September 13, 2015, 04:56:35 PM »

We have a candy like that here in Norway called Hockeypulver - or hockey powder. As the name implies it's a kind of powder; really salty, fizzy and salmiakki flavoured. Which is unfortunate because children (no one in particular) of all ages have a tendency to sniff it "just to see if it's fizzy in the nose too".

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #10387 on: September 13, 2015, 05:00:10 PM »
Pop rocks?  Willy Wonka "Nerds?"  "Fizzies" drink mix tablets?  ???

Dunno.

Also tomorrow first day of school

Spoiler: panicking • show

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *runs around flailing arms* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So in short:

- I am on the first floor. THE FIRST FLOOR. Last year I was on the fourth one. I am very grateful.
- I have a very weird timetable, meaning I have five hours on Monday (normal), four Tuesday through Thursday and Saturday (woo, so many short days~) and six on Friday (WHY.)
- But on the other side I finally have balanced days! No more lumping in all the difficult subjects in the same days!
- I haven't finished summer homework yet. Haha... Haha... Haha...
- I definitely do not look forward to interacting with my class again. And most of my teachers -_-
- I also am nervous as heck because last year meant panic attacks before tests and breaking down in tears in class. I was not very calm about school and am afraid I won't be once again.
- New teachers. Good? No. They are substituting the few teachers I really liked (IT because he was so very cool and open-minded and in love with teaching and Science because she was VERY good at explaining).
- One more year with the theatre group and I'll join comicotherapy (learn to be a clown, then go in hospitals for children)! Also the Robot Olympics, although I'm not sure I'll be very good at that.
- AAAAAAHH I'M IN MY SECOND YEAR. THERE WILL BE PEOPLE YOUNGER THAN ME.
- Also many of the students I liked will be gone since they were in their fifth year.
- Much excite. Very nervous.
- ALSO HOT CHOCOLATE. I look forward to meeting the vending machines in the morning <3
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 05:04:33 PM by Nimphy »
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Double H

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #10388 on: September 13, 2015, 05:18:46 PM »
We have a candy like that here in Norway called Hockeypulver - or hockey powder. As the name implies it's a kind of powder; really salty, fizzy and salmiakki flavoured. Which is unfortunate because children (no one in particular) of all ages have a tendency to sniff it "just to see if it's fizzy in the nose too".
I once snorted pepper to see if it would make you sneeze like it seemed to do in the cartoons. I don't recommend doing that.
Pretentious? Moi?

eyjafjallajoke

« Reply #10389 on: September 13, 2015, 05:30:10 PM »
I once snorted pepper to see if it would make you sneeze like it seemed to do in the cartoons. I don't recommend doing that.

Oh, jeeze. Reminds me of the cinnamon challenge thing..

Dunno.

Spoiler: panicking • show

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *runs around flailing arms* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So in short:

- I am on the first floor. THE FIRST FLOOR. Last year I was on the fourth one. I am very grateful.
- I have a very weird timetable, meaning I have five hours on Monday (normal), four Tuesday through Thursday and Saturday (woo, so many short days~) and six on Friday (WHY.)
- But on the other side I finally have balanced days! No more lumping in all the difficult subjects in the same days!
- I haven't finished summer homework yet. Haha... Haha... Haha...
- I definitely do not look forward to interacting with my class again. And most of my teachers -_-
- I also am nervous as heck because last year meant panic attacks before tests and breaking down in tears in class. I was not very calm about school and am afraid I won't be once again.
- New teachers. Good? No. They are substituting the few teachers I really liked (IT because he was so very cool and open-minded and in love with teaching and Science because she was VERY good at explaining).
- One more year with the theatre group and I'll join comicotherapy (learn to be a clown, then go in hospitals for children)! Also the Robot Olympics, although I'm not sure I'll be very good at that.
- AAAAAAHH I'M IN MY SECOND YEAR. THERE WILL BE PEOPLE YOUNGER THAN ME.
- Also many of the students I liked will be gone since they were in their fifth year.
- Much excite. Very nervous.
- ALSO HOT CHOCOLATE. I look forward to meeting the vending machines in the morning <3

Aaah, good luck!  :D

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
« Reply #10390 on: September 13, 2015, 05:45:50 PM »
spoiler= words words words in the first bracket. You can try to quote this post if you want to see how the code looks:

Spoiler:  words words words • show

Thank you!!!
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #10391 on: September 13, 2015, 07:42:59 PM »
Dunno.

Aaaah! I hope you're able to survive unscathed and/or have a great day!

In other news, Station Eleven is finally available from my library. I have never (consciously) waited three months to read a book (that's already been published) before.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 07:48:16 PM by mithrysc »

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #10392 on: September 13, 2015, 07:57:25 PM »
Aaaah! I hope you're able to survive unscathed and/or have a great day!

In other news, Station Eleven is finally available from my library. I have never (consciously) waited three months to read a book (that's already been published) before.

Ah!  I loved Station Eleven even though it's not "fun" reading.  Hope it lives up to expectations. 
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 07:59:53 PM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
« Reply #10393 on: September 13, 2015, 08:06:31 PM »

That is the PERFECTLY disenchanted avatar! :D  You could have made it expressly to discuss snorting pepper, or any other activity in disdain. :o
 ;D  And thanks for the warning, tear gas training was enough for me.  :P Ugh.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 08:44:19 PM by DaveBro (Phasing out "ReturnOf") »
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #10394 on: September 13, 2015, 08:21:08 PM »
Ah!  I loved Station Eleven even though it's not "fun" reading.  Hope it lives up to expectations. 

There's a character in station 11 with my nickname! Actually I found it kind of weird because we both ended up going by Viola because we play viola, and also because we both speak French. I just thought that was odd coincidence...
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help