Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2409259 times)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #10350 on: September 12, 2015, 05:58:03 PM »
*squints at viola's new avatar text* I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE
heheheeheeh *innocent face*

Considering A) numerous counts of grand theft apparel and B) this, shouldn't your title be something like "Haiz' no. 1 copycat fan" :P

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #10351 on: September 12, 2015, 06:01:18 PM »
Considering A) numerous counts of grand theft apparel and B) this, shouldn't your title be something like "Haiz' no. 1 copycat fan" :P

* Feartheviolas would like to see Haiz reproduce the amount of stats and social categorizing she has on the forum

I may or may not have mapped out people's rolls here to the extent where I can predict when this thread is going to grow quickly and when it won't and how to make that happen
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #10352 on: September 12, 2015, 06:04:59 PM »
I may or may not have mapped out people's rolls here to the extent where I can predict when this thread is going to grow quickly and when it won't and how to make that happen

I have absolutely zero idea what this means, but I'm going to assume it means you take this forum thingiemajiggy a lot more serious than pretty much anyone else around here.

What's my roll by the way?

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #10353 on: September 12, 2015, 06:10:53 PM »
you raise an excellent point

* Feartheviolas would like to see Haiz reproduce the amount of stats and social categorizing she has on the forum

well I'd like to see you reproduce the amount of art........ no okay to be honest i find your trigger powers way more terrifying. especially that last thing you said what the heck õ_õ
you'll know where to find me.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #10354 on: September 12, 2015, 06:15:35 PM »
I have absolutely zero idea what this means, but I'm going to assume it means you take this forum thingiemajiggy a lot more serious than pretty much anyone else around here.

What's my roll by the way?

I am the world's biggest people watcher and figuring out how communities funtion is a side hobby of mine.

You have a very interesting and influential roll. If you're that curious I can PM you later.

you raise an excellent point
well I'd like to see you reproduce the amount of art........ no okay to be honest i find your trigger powers way more terrifying. especially that last thing you said what the heck õ_õ

Haha no the art producing is your roll it wouldn't be the same if I did it.

As for the rest... *vanishes into thin air*
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #10355 on: September 12, 2015, 06:22:11 PM »
I am the world's biggest people watcher and figuring out how communities funtion is a side hobby of mine.

You have a very interesting and influential roll. If you're that curious I can PM you later.

This sounds like something a serial killer would say, but alright - you've piqued my curiosity quite a lot, I'll bite.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 06:25:18 PM by Fimbulvarg »

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • my real name is Emil but you can call me Emil
  • Preferred pronouns: *incoherent screaming*
« Reply #10356 on: September 12, 2015, 07:09:37 PM »
I'm not a very big fan of Disturbed, but holy moley their cover of "The Sound of Silence" is godlike

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #10357 on: September 12, 2015, 07:16:56 PM »
I'm not a very big fan of Disturbed, but holy moley their cover of "The Sound of Silence" is godlike

This is indeed a wonderful song. Would you like to move your comments to the music thread? Eich shared this song earlier and people are discussing it there.

https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=9.405

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • my real name is Emil but you can call me Emil
  • Preferred pronouns: *incoherent screaming*
« Reply #10358 on: September 12, 2015, 07:18:29 PM »
This is indeed a wonderful song. Would you like to move your comments to the music thread? Eich shared this song earlier and people are discussing it there.

https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=9.405

Nah, I'll leave the post here. Gotta inject more culture into this thread anyways!

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #10359 on: September 12, 2015, 07:42:32 PM »
Hey Vi, would it be too OT here to ask what you'd do in Reykjavik if you only had 2 full days?
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #10360 on: September 13, 2015, 12:50:25 AM »
Hey Vi, would it be too OT here to ask what you'd do in Reykjavik if you only had 2 full days?

No I don't think so. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I was out with some friends. Ok so it would largely depend on who you were going with and whether or not you wanted the touristy experience or not.

If it were me, I would say hang out with some Icelanders who really know the area and let them show you their favourite places. Because then you have your own unique experience and you get to see some things that are out of the ordinary. If you are going in winter, you have to see the northern lights, especially if you live in an area where they don't normally appear. If you're going in the summer, stay out late and experience daylight at 2am. It's pretty awesome. If you're renting a car, drive over the speed limit because only tourists drive the speed limit and all the Icelanders will know you are a tourist if you drive the speed limit. If it's not closed for the winter yet, I would recommend climbing Esjan because it's a lot of fun and the view from the top is pretty spectacular. This takes the greater part of a day though. Go get ice cream downtown, go get ice cream at 11pm and witness the phenomenon that is Icelanders queuing for ice cream at 11pm. I know you know a little Icelandic, so try using it. They get so excited when foreigners use their language. If you want to do touristy things you can always go see Geysir and Gullfoss which are the erupting geyser and a waterfall, and Þingvellir national park is on the way. That's cool for two reasons, one you can go see the divide between north america and europe and two that's where Iceland's parliament used to be. If you don't mind driving for a few hours you can go see Jökulsárlón which is a glacial river. If you like art, Laufey took me to see this exhibition of statues in a garden in Reykjavík which is free. The statues are really interesting. I cannot remember the name of the street it's on right now, but I'm sure she could tell you.

Actually you could probably ask Laufey and Steinunn about this as well since they both currently live there. Oh yeah speaking of which, totally go meet Laufey while you're there, because she is awesome to hang out with.

Mélusine

« Reply #10361 on: September 13, 2015, 03:43:44 AM »
What happen when you're outside and far from home a whole day when the sky decide it's the perfect moment for deluge several times ? Yes, you're sick next morning, good answer. Hello, sunday, what about spending the next hours with tea, books, and under a blanket ?
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #10362 on: September 13, 2015, 04:29:15 AM »
What happen when you're outside and far from home a whole day when the sky decide it's the perfect moment for deluge several times ? Yes, you're sick next morning, good answer. Hello, sunday, what about spending the next hours with tea, books, and under a blanket ?
Other than the "being sick" part, this sounds like it belongs in the "Petits Moments de Bonheur" thread.   :)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Mélusine

« Reply #10363 on: September 13, 2015, 04:38:11 AM »
Other than the "being sick" part, this sounds like it belongs in the "Petits Moments de Bonheur" thread. :)
It's better to try to find the good side of it, isn't it ? :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #10364 on: September 13, 2015, 04:58:15 AM »

I'm agreeing with Sunflower, this sounds like a perfect Sunday... except the part about being ill. Get better soon!
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: