Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387768 times)

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #10335 on: September 11, 2015, 07:35:10 PM »
Woo Vi! Go out and be social! Meanwhile I haven't left my room in hours...

Glad to hear your classes are going better now! And your professor sounds like he's going to be fun ;D
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #10336 on: September 11, 2015, 08:14:14 PM »
>snip!<
On a completely random note, my roommate and I are eerily similar. I mean, I know they try to match people with a questionnaire and all, but this goes way beyond that. Like, for example, she said she had some purple stuff she was bringing, and in an effort not to clash I think all right, I'll go for a purple theme too. And then we end up bringing the exact same comforter. I don't mean they were similar. I mean they're exactly the same.  >snippety!<

That sounds very promising.  :D  You two can be the Official Comforter Corner now!  But remember:
<portentious pretentiousness>
Don't give in to the dark side of the comforter, Ana-clone....
</portentious pretentiousness>
Obi-Wan was here.  Did you see him?  8^)
{excerpted}
I've never taken a polysci course so I think it will be very interesting and I feel like I am going to learn a lot in that class. Our prof is old and british and wore shorts to class. He's really outgoing and makes all sorts of funny jokes f.eks. he posted a meme thing that said What does politics mean? well poly = many, and tics = annoying blood sucking bugs.

I'm glad for you.  :)  It sounds really interesting and fun!  I've always liked the aphorism that 2 people have a relationship, and more than 2 people have politics.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 08:53:58 PM by DaveBro (Phasing out "ReturnOf") »
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #10337 on: September 11, 2015, 08:59:17 PM »
If just getting a new strap is even an option, I take it that the broken buckle is the one that's easy to do without:

However, carrying notable weight over longer distances on a single strap is not recommended, so I'ld like to suggest a backpack-shaped notebook bag.
I used to have that sort of satchel! But the leather stuff connecting the strap to the bag (exactly like in your picture) tore through ;-; and it didn't even last its one year guarantee ;__; without a laptop in it

This is the bit that broke. ;_; not the piece I was expecting! There are some chain links that have pulled apart, so they were my first bet...but...the clasp overtook them outta nowhere.
But yeah. A backpack is definitely top of the list.

Also! My cat slept on my bed ALL NIGHT! (Dad went to bed early cos he was in a grump, complaining about all the driving he'd done that day taking mum to the hospital for her cancer screening wow husband of the year. But anyway that meant we didn't have to lock the cats away for night u__u so we didn't >:3 He's said that if we ever let the cats sleep on our beds he'll get a divorce and kick us all out...but we've been doing that for aaaaaages and he doesn't even know. Muahahahah. [*Owl fights the power*] Especially since he has his own room now u__u what a blurgh.)

So I'm not sure if this means she's gotten over her silent treatment..or it means I'm going to die soon. O____O duhn duhn DUUUUHNNN.

Oh! Oh oh oh! WEIRD STORY TIME.

Just now, I was sitting at the table in scruffy pjs eating breakfast, when out the corner of my eye I see a CAR sneak up the final metres of the driveway and pull up outside the house. I ask mum who it is: we thought it was my suster's lift home, it could be dad in the good car, or...as we discovered, we had NO IDEA who it was, it wasn't even the J.Witness people. Total mystery. But anyway, no one in the house was dressed and presentable, so we all just scout-maged out of sight and waited for them to go away. Although I am 80% I was visible when they pulled up (there are a lot of windows) but egh. I forgot my steaming breakfast on the table in full view XD (although where in the house isn't in full view.) but we waited. They knocked. We waited nearly ten minutes without hearing a car engine. They knocked again. We waited. We had all sneaked into my room, on the other side of the house. And my sister whispered that once a person walked around to this side of the house when she was hiding, and we were all like o__o because the door wasn't locked or anything. But from my window we have a perfect view of the road and driveway, and we noticed... Our property gate was CLOSED. These people have undone and opened our gate, CLOSED IT BEHIND THEM and driven up our road. But eventually they just left and we watched them undo the gate again to let themselves out. So we were weirded out. And I went back to finish my breakfast, and MAN, my senses must have been ON HOLIDAY because in my peripheral again I saw someTHING hiding behind the garden outside the yard, on the driveway. I thought it was a person and nearly had a heart attack. But no. It was just A GIANT MONSTER DOG KLOR LIKSOM?!?! and my sister (now dressed) went outside and yelled at it, and it ran all the way down the property, over the creek, and then this maroon crappy car pulled out and this guy got out (we had binoculars <_<) and tried to get his giant dog. He got a zap from the electric fence, and was screaming at the fence and plants and cursing everything in existence, but eventually got his dog out from under the neighbours fence, and PUT THE DOG IN THE BOOT?! And then another dog ran out of the car and up the road, and the car just...chased after..it.
The end!

O__O
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 09:52:17 PM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
« Reply #10338 on: September 11, 2015, 10:23:29 PM »
I used to have that sort of satchel! But the leather stuff connecting the strap to the bag (exactly like in your picture) tore through ;-; and it didn't even last its one year guarantee ;__; without a laptop in it

At least there won't be trolls nesting in a bag with "crap" hardware like that!  Trolls prefer sturdy baggage.  ;)

Also! My cat slept on my bed ALL NIGHT!

Awww. ^-^ 
Hold and cherish this memory, so you'll have it for Kitty's midnight madness or Morning List of Demands.  ;D

:o  That is fair dinkum WEIRD.  :o  Huge dog in the boot?  Not even "HALLLOOO  THE  HOUSE!!!" before coming to the door, but sense enough to mind the gate?  "Is a puzzlement!"

Well, I hope you solve the mystery.  In the meantime, you've got a ripping yarn, and I've got to stumble off to bed.
Cheers...Zzzz.
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #10339 on: September 11, 2015, 10:49:01 PM »
Awww. ^-^ 
Hold and cherish this memory, so you'll have it for Kitty's midnight madness or Morning List of Demands.  ;D
No morning demands! She's...still there. Asleep. U__U she's still alive I checked don't worry

Quote from: DaveBro!
:o  That is fair dinkum WEIRD.  :o  Huge dog in the boot?  Not even "HALLLOOO  THE  HOUSE!!!" before coming to the door, but sense enough to mind the gate?  "Is a puzzlement!"

Well, I hope you solve the mystery.  In the meantime, you've got a ripping yarn, and I've got to stumble off to bed.
Cheers...Zzzz.
The gate they opened..is about 300m from the house, and then there's a second gate outside the house, which was already open because why close both gates-- obviously we were wrong! XD
And they drove up really quietly! And creepily slow. Like, stealth slow. I didn't even HEAR them, and I have good hearing when it comes to things outside the house u__u not any more it seems ;-;
A mystery. 

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #10340 on: September 11, 2015, 11:02:34 PM »
OragamiOwl, that's a really weird story... made even weirder by the fact that I had a similar experience right as you posted that. I was alone in the house when a car suddenly pulled up, and a whole bunch of well-dressed, burly men got out and knocked on the door? Being alone, I'd opted to check who was knocking before opening the door, and after seeing a bunch of intimidating people on my doorstep, I decided against letting them know I was there... and as they were walking away, one of them whipped out their phone and immediately called someone o_o
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #10341 on: September 11, 2015, 11:16:20 PM »
OragamiOwl, that's a really weird story... made even weirder by the fact that I had a similar experience right as you posted that. I was alone in the house when a car suddenly pulled up, and a whole bunch of well-dressed, burly men got out and knocked on the door? Being alone, I'd opted to check who was knocking before opening the door, and after seeing a bunch of intimidating people on my doorstep, I decided against letting them know I was there... and as they were walking away, one of them whipped out their phone and immediately called someone o_o
CREEPY. They're onto us Adrai. U___U
I actually had a related dream on Wednesday, where I was home alone in the laundry, putting some clothes into the washing machine when a jeep/landrover roared into the driveway and nearly through the garage door, and then a man got out with a chainsaw and I couldn't lock the door fast enough and I woke up like 8_8
It's a conspiracy u_______u XD
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 11:18:08 PM by OrigamiOwl »

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #10342 on: September 12, 2015, 02:15:47 AM »
It should be pretty obvious what the url is anyways.

I found your tumblr. You were right. It does indeed exist.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #10343 on: September 12, 2015, 10:38:54 AM »
I'm laughing. Ohhh dear. Is there something you're not telling us? Are you from outer space and just pretending to be Brazilian? Maybe they're onto you... ;p

Oh no. I guess is time to hide again. Ugh, I was just adapting to society... :/

[weird story]

OragamiOwl, that's a really weird story... made even weirder by the fact that I had a similar experience right as you posted that.

[another weird story]

O__O

Maybe someone is after minnions. They are going to get us, one by one. Run.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #10344 on: September 12, 2015, 10:44:15 AM »
Maybe someone is after minnions. They are going to get us, one by one. Run.

Lucky for us that we're fans of a post-apocalyptic comic. Our survivalist instincts and paranoia have already been honed by all this Rash/beast/troll/Silent World discussion.

But those are seriously weird stories. My siblings and I long ago perfected the art of pretending not to be home when someone rings the doorbell, but so far haven't had anyone stranger than door-to-door people trying to persuade us to vote for someone.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 10:45:46 AM by mithrysc »

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #10345 on: September 12, 2015, 01:45:25 PM »
i came over this on tumblr and the first thing i thought about was your weird stories

... the link won't work because of the profanity in the url. you know what to fix
you'll know where to find me.

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
« Reply #10346 on: September 12, 2015, 01:50:32 PM »
Mild Geek Humor

Spoiler: Possible "Religious" Content • show
I found what I thought was an Apple power adapter cable.  It was lying on the floor, so I picked it up and approached the two other engineers still at work, late Friday.  Holding it up, I asked, "Excuse me, are either of you two Apple-ites?  Forgive me for bringing up religion at work."

They laughed and denied ownership, so I went on down to Lost & Found.

Lost & Found was pretty amused, too.
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #10347 on: September 12, 2015, 02:11:57 PM »
i came over this on tumblr and the first thing i thought about was your weird stories

... the link won't work because of the profanity in the url. you know what to fix
Tee hee!
Mild Geek Humor

Spoiler: Possible "Religious" Content • show
I found what I thought was an Apple power adapter cable.  It was lying on the floor, so I picked it up and approached the two other engineers still at work, late Friday.  Holding it up, I asked, "Excuse me, are either of you two Apple-ites?  Forgive me for bringing up religion at work."

They laughed and denied ownership, so I went on down to Lost & Found.

Lost & Found was pretty amused, too.
Also funny!
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #10348 on: September 12, 2015, 05:51:54 PM »
*squints at viola's new avatar text* I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE
you'll know where to find me.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #10349 on: September 12, 2015, 05:53:00 PM »
*squints at viola's new avatar text* I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE

heheheeheeh *innocent face*
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help