Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410669 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #10290 on: September 11, 2015, 02:48:59 AM »
*Shakes self awake* hang on... *squints* shouldn't you guys be in bed..... isn't it like A Lot AM over in eagleland timezones right now??
you'll know where to find me.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #10291 on: September 11, 2015, 02:52:49 AM »
*Shakes self awake* hang on... *squints* shouldn't you guys be in bed..... isn't it like A Lot AM over in eagleland timezones right now??

It's not a lot AM! It's only... a quarter AM! I have seven hours to sleep, it's fiiiiiiiine...

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #10292 on: September 11, 2015, 03:01:49 AM »

nah, it's only midnight, aka Around The Time When Friday Webcomics Update *rubs hands in anticipation*
I also have a lot of stuff to do still so
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #10293 on: September 11, 2015, 03:17:52 AM »
I also have a lot of stuff to do still so

I wish my reason wasn't that I've been drawing a very, uh, self-indulgent comic ahahaha... but it is and I'm very aware of my terrible sleep schedule

« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 03:19:42 AM by Piney »

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #10294 on: September 11, 2015, 03:38:45 AM »
I wish my reason wasn't that I've been drawing a very, uh, self-indulgent comic ahahaha... but it is and I'm very aware of my terrible sleep schedule

TERRIBLE SLEEP SCHEDULE PEOPLE UNITE o/
jk I have early classes so I have to get my act together--at least for this semester
"maybe I should take naps" says the person with the personal text that reads "perpetually sleepy night owl"
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #10295 on: September 11, 2015, 05:12:15 AM »
Ssshhhhhh, Owl is not ready to hear about the updates, we don't want to scare her away!
Oh I knooooow about the updates... I use tumblr a LOt..without.. Actually use-using it.... So I dont know exactly what it looks like from the ~other side~... Sounds like it takes some Princess and the Frog level dark magic to use it now though... The terrible YouTube-esque comment threads...aaaaaagh o__o

But for an "art" blog it should be.......f...ine? *looks around for puppyfox*
Maybe puppy runs the staff.
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #10296 on: September 11, 2015, 07:21:47 AM »
Aghhhhh and if my day couldn't get more mixed up, the strap (well, the metal clasp) on my bag finally broke! For a laptop bag...it certainly didn't like carrying my laptop. Nor did it like having books in the book parts. :/ Today it only had the laptop and 2 books (together being about 4cm x A4) plus purse and pencil case.....
Also an umbrella, gloves, assortment of cough lollies, phone charger, and hand sanitiser and...a plastic knife?! What?? <_<

I don't know if I should bother to just find a new strap for it...or if I should just buy a new bag altogether? It does get quite heavy on the shoulder during the week -__- and I don't really like it that much..it was a present..I didn't pick it out.

Any suggestions? Does anyone know any good bags/satchels....? :O
If just getting a new strap is even an option, I take it that the broken buckle is the one that's easy to do without:

However, carrying notable weight over longer distances on a single strap is not recommended, so I'ld like to suggest a backpack-shaped notebook bag.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #10297 on: September 11, 2015, 08:43:56 AM »
Oh I knooooow about the updates... I use tumblr a LOt..without.. Actually use-using it.... So I dont know exactly what it looks like from the ~other side~... Sounds like it takes some Princess and the Frog level dark magic to use it now though... The terrible YouTube-esque comment threads...aaaaaagh o__o

But for an "art" blog it should be.......f...ine? *looks around for puppyfox*
Maybe puppy runs the staff.

Heh...I've also been considering/ painfully contemplating the risks of an art tumblr. On one hand, tumblr. On the other hand....if I just stick to art/inspiration, it should be....okay...ish? *is clueless but also very suspicious*

Miss Honeyham

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • *coughing fit*
« Reply #10298 on: September 11, 2015, 08:57:23 AM »
Speaking as someone who has definitely been sucked into the deep dark recesses of Tumblr, I too am very tempted to say go for it. I always like to meet new people there. XD

On the other hand, I would like to point out that I started out just being there for the art, but I didn't stick to "just art" and ended up tumbling all the way into the blackness. So if you are going to just be there for the art, make sure you are very disciplined and stay there just for the art. No reblogging text posts, as amusing as you might eventually find them.
:usa: | :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :book1: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9:

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #10299 on: September 11, 2015, 09:10:49 AM »
If just getting a new strap is even an option, I take it that the broken buckle is the one that's easy to do without:

However, carrying notable weight over longer distances on a single strap is not recommended, so I'ld like to suggest a backpack-shaped notebook bag.

JoB is right about 2 straps vs. 1, but hardware / ironmonger shops have connecting links meant for hanging lamps and swings and stuff, that could help with mending your old bag.

For extra wide straps, you may have to spring for a "D-Link" or "karabiner", but then you can use for rappelling. ;D
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 09:13:58 AM by DaveBro (Phasing out "ReturnOf") »
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #10300 on: September 11, 2015, 09:14:47 AM »
And you can never leave. It's a life sentence

I have a small confession to make. I actually made a tumblr 3 years ago, posted three pictures, got overwhelmed by how large tumbr is, then forgot to go on for a few years. About 2 years later I remembered it exsisted and deleted it. So it is actually possible to leave. There is hope. You just have to be very very uncomitted and bad at social media :P
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #10301 on: September 11, 2015, 09:26:56 AM »
Huh.  I have a Tumlr, but I literally only use it as a place to dump pictures I want to link to elsewhere but don't really need on my Flickr.
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #10302 on: September 11, 2015, 11:06:59 AM »
I use tumblr a lot, but I don't really interact with the social-style things and I kind of use it as a place I put things that make me laugh/inspire me and also my art. Also, cosplay. The last two tend to attract followers and eventually it would be nice if I could get commissions or sponsorships but those come once you have like... Many Many followers and I'm still stuck at 299 >:I
YEET

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #10303 on: September 11, 2015, 11:11:48 AM »
Tumblr is... not my favourite format, really, but I must admit that it's pretty useful for art. Or for making a scrapbook of other people's art via reblogs. And I love making photosets (except for the part where tumblr sometimes decides to change the dimensions in an update and everyone, including me, throws a fit).

Not ideal for longform journaling (my favourite) but then again, it was never really intended for that. Those looking to use it for art - go ahead, it could be worthwhile for you!
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #10304 on: September 11, 2015, 11:15:17 AM »
i'm actually very very close to 1000 followers on my main blog.....

my main, personal tumblr ended up as some kinda weird hybrid of a diary and sketchdump?? and some shrieking about ssss inbetween those things. i mean thanks to the tumblrsphere it's the place where it's easiest to ramble about things like gender identity and stuff and I kinda need that because otherwise I end up having so many words about things inside i need to shout into the void. tumblr is a good void for that. unless your posts get picked up by predators and carried to the troll lairs ha ha ha
you'll know where to find me.