Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387520 times)

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #10200 on: September 08, 2015, 04:47:20 PM »
*something moves from the shadows*
*pops out*

GUESS WHO'S BACK??!!
I'M ALIVE
//rolls//
Now seriously, I'm again at my home and my uncle is fine, he can't eat with his mouth but he has a tube?? in his tummy or something and now he can eat after one week ^^ Aaand everyone is fine! Yay!

Red is alive! Yay! Welcome back ;D And glad to hear your uncle is doing better!
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #10201 on: September 09, 2015, 12:49:58 AM »
I SCREWED UP ON A CUSTOMER'S FRAME.
LITERALLY.
I was doing a quick-fit on something that a lady had just brought in and I put in the glass and the artwork and the backing and then the hangers and then I wrapped the whole thing and I turned it over and
THE SCREWS FOR THE HANGERS WENT  T H R O U G H  THE FRAME.
I RUINED IT IT LOOKED SO HORRIBLE AND IT WAS HER FRAME SO WE COULDN'T JUST REPLACE IT AND I TOLD HER AND I WAS SO UPSET BECAUSE IT WAS ABSOLUTELY 100% MY FAULT I SHOULD HAVE USED SHORTER SCREWS AND DOUBLE-CHECKED THE FRAME SO THAT WAY I'D KNOW HOW SKINNY IT GOT IN THE CENTER AND THEN IT GOT  W O R S E  BECAUSE IT TURNS OUT IT WAS A SURPRISE FOR SOMEBODY WHO DIDN'T EVEN KNOW SHE HAD TAKEN IT IN TO GET FRAMED AND I WANTED TO SHOOT MYSELF RIGHT THEN AND THERE IT WAS SO AWFUL AND SO THEN I WENT AND GOT MY BOSS AND HE LOOKED AT IT AND HE TRIED TO PATCH IT UP BUT SINCE THE SCREWS WENT RIGHT THROUGH IT'LL  N E V E R  LOOK THE SAME AND HE HAD TO NOT CHARGE HER AT ALL AND IT WAS AWFUL AND I WANTED TO DIE. *wails*
Other than that, work's going great!
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #10202 on: September 09, 2015, 01:00:21 AM »
LITERALLY.
I was doing a quick-fit on something that a lady had just brought in and I put in the glass and the artwork and the backing and then the hangers and then I wrapped the whole thing and I turned it over and
I RUINED IT IT LOOKED SO HORRIBLE AND IT WAS HER FRAME SO WE COULDN'T JUST REPLACE IT AND I TOLD HER AND I WAS SO UPSET BECAUSE IT WAS ABSOLUTELY 100% MY FAULT I SHOULD HAVE USED SHORTER SCREWS AND DOUBLE-CHECKED THE FRAME SO THAT WAY I'D KNOW HOW SKINNY IT GOT IN THE CENTER AND THEN IT GOT  W O R S E  BECAUSE IT TURNS OUT IT WAS A SURPRISE FOR SOMEBODY WHO DIDN'T EVEN KNOW SHE HAD TAKEN IT IN TO GET FRAMED AND I WANTED TO SHOOT MYSELF RIGHT THEN AND THERE IT WAS SO AWFUL AND SO THEN I WENT AND GOT MY BOSS AND HE LOOKED AT IT AND HE TRIED TO PATCH IT UP BUT SINCE THE SCREWS WENT RIGHT THROUGH IT'LL  N E V E R  LOOK THE SAME AND HE HAD TO NOT CHARGE HER AT ALL AND IT WAS AWFUL AND I WANTED TO DIE. *wails*

Aw, honey.  I know you feel terrible because you have very high standards.  But you know what?  Everyone makes mistakes.  Especially while they're learning.  It always takes a while for checking fussy things like that to become second nature.  Meanwhile, I know you're doing a great job in every other respect -- knowledgeable, friendly, hardworking, funny (if the IRL RandomTexanReader is anything like the RTR we know). 

In the words of Don Draper:  "It'll shock you how fast this never happened." 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #10203 on: September 09, 2015, 01:06:47 AM »
Aw, honey.  I know you feel terrible because you have very high standards.  But you know what?  Everyone makes mistakes.  Especially while they're learning.  It always takes a while for checking fussy things like that to become second nature.  Meanwhile, I know you're doing a great job in every other respect -- knowledgeable, friendly, hardworking, funny (if the IRL RandomTexanReader is anything like the RTR we know). 

In the words of Don Draper:  "It'll shock you how fast this never happened."
Thank you, that makes me feel a lot better. Although at this point my main consolation is that it wasn't somebody's artwork that I ruined... if that had happened I would have probably crawled out the window and embraced my new life as a vagrant.
No, but everyone was extremely comforting. One of the professional framers came out with me to the customer as moral support and the customer was understanding (though obviously upset  :-[) and my boss was also sympathetic and didn't say another word about it (I think he could tell that I was contemplating ritual suicide as atonement for my folly) so that made it a little easier.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #10204 on: September 09, 2015, 04:20:38 AM »
LITERALLY.

Hmmmm... What would Reynir do (WWRD).

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #10205 on: September 09, 2015, 05:30:24 AM »

a great start to the day
you'll know where to find me.

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #10206 on: September 09, 2015, 05:52:56 AM »

a great start to the day
*sends hlep*

If it makes you feel any better, my sister (teeny teeny tiny very thin) makes risotto for breakfast, on school days at 6am. And then doesn't clean up.
On the rare occasion I eat breakfast, it's like "Owl, last night's pasta is not real breakfast! You'll never lose any weight like that, have some toast!"
Me: *tips full bowl of spaghetti onto a toast slice and carries it away keeping eye contact*
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 05:54:54 AM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #10207 on: September 09, 2015, 05:55:36 AM »
YOOOOOOO CHECK OUT HOW COOL THIS IS GUYZZZZ

FROZEN LAKE+ROCK SKIPPING IN ALASKA=AWESOMESAUCE SOUNDS

*skip to 3:39*

:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Amity

• Scout
  • What Would Sigrun Do?
« Reply #10208 on: September 09, 2015, 06:07:31 AM »
... and my boss was also sympathetic and didn't say another word about it (I think he could tell that I was contemplating ritual suicide as atonement for my folly) so that made it a little easier.

Well if your boss is any good, he was probably thinking, "... well, I now have an employee I can count on to never make that mistake ... hmm ... that kind of reliability is actually worth quite a lot ... and this way was cheaper than training ... kind of a gain if you think about it ... oh, but best not look too happy in front of the customer though ..."

At least, that is my head canon for you.
If life hands you Emil, make Emilonade!

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #10209 on: September 09, 2015, 08:53:04 AM »
RTR: ow, just ow. I worked in a framery for a few years and have made the exact same mistake exactly once, and far as I know the girl who worked there before me had also made that mistake... but only one time because the trauma stays forever. Maybe your workmates can actually relate to the feeling more than you know.

Haiz: get well soon, eat all the soup!

Meanwhile Iceland's entering autumn storm season. This means that we get storms that can last anywhere between one night to over a week, the current one arrived yesterday and weather forecast says we're in for a few days of horizontal rain with flooding rivers and possibility of landslides. I tried jogging in it last night, very foolish decision would not recommend.

Today we got the damage score from last night and among the typical things-flying-around-breaking-things was the annual problem of people being all surprised that winds over 20m/s can actually toss trampolines around. It's like the end of summer notice when you go out and see something like this.

Current situation: 22 trampolines at large, on cars, in trees and light poles. Police are asking people to either tie them down or at least add their contact information so they can be returned.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #10210 on: September 09, 2015, 09:03:17 AM »
Oh my gosh, the guy sitting next to me in class right now noticed my SSSS computer background and was like, "Hey, I read that comic! I love it!"
...HI FRIEND!

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #10211 on: September 09, 2015, 09:42:31 AM »
Oh my gosh, the guy sitting next to me in class right now noticed my SSSS computer background and was like, "Hey, I read that comic! I love it!"
...HI FRIEND!
... Okay, we have lost Piney and her neighbor for this lesson.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #10212 on: September 09, 2015, 09:54:25 AM »
Today we got the damage score from last night and among the typical things-flying-around-breaking-things was the annual problem of people being all surprised that winds over 20m/s can actually toss trampolines around. It's like the end of summer notice when you go out and see something like this.

Current situation: 22 trampolines at large, on cars, in trees and light poles. Police are asking people to either tie them down or at least add their contact information so they can be returned.

o_O I... wh. If this is a regular occurrence, surely people would be used to it by now. Is Iceland even real? (We just don't know)
'Scuse me while I take storm-related notes for reference, mind you....

...HI FRIEND!

!!! That is Amazing, how lucky! : D Hopefully you two will get along swimmingly.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #10213 on: September 09, 2015, 09:54:58 AM »
Meanwhile Iceland's entering autumn storm season. This means that we get storms that can last anywhere between one night to over a week, the current one arrived yesterday and weather forecast says we're in for a few days of horizontal rain with flooding rivers and possibility of landslides. I tried jogging in it last night, very foolish decision would not recommend.

Today we got the damage score from last night and among the typical things-flying-around-breaking-things was the annual problem of people being all surprised that winds over 20m/s can actually toss trampolines around. It's like the end of summer notice when you go out and see something

I think I know that trampoline. Actually I'm pretty sure I've been on that trampoline. Laufey I think you found T's trampoline. OHMYGOD THAT IS  T'S TRAMPOLINE. WOW.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #10214 on: September 09, 2015, 10:02:45 AM »
o_O I... wh. If this is a regular occurrence, surely people would be used to it by now. Is Iceland even real? (We just don't know)

Nope, it's a bit like how people in Finland get a big surprise every year that ice is actually slippery, who would have thought! :D

I think I know that trampoline. Actually I'm pretty sure I've been on that trampoline. Laufey I think you found T's trampoline. OHMYGOD THAT IS  T'S TRAMPOLINE. WOW.

Hahah, weird coincidence. :D Although the reason it looks familiar is probably because all trampolines of this size look like this one over here, there's only a few models available in the whole country (because Iceland is tiny).
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: