Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410704 times)

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #10155 on: September 07, 2015, 01:49:33 PM »
  • A vest or some other garment with lots of pockets, pre-loaded with passport, ticket, and several pens. Paperwork multiplies and you cannot flip your hand luggage open and closed all the time (for starters, it's stowed overhead in the cabin, where you might be asked to fill in immigration forms before landing).
Repost to add: Also put everything that's even remotely likely to set off a security scanner into those pockets, the goal being that the vest slips off and goes through the hand luggage scanner while the people scanners let you pass on the first try.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Hrollo

• Ranger
« Reply #10156 on: September 07, 2015, 02:07:35 PM »
There are gimmicky accounts, and then there's this:

https://www.reddit.com/user/gradual_swede

This is, just, wow :D
Fluent: :fr: :gb:
Some knowledge: :it:
Attempting to learn again: :de:
Passive familiarity: :es: :br: :ad: :ro:

Johannabelle

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • less is more
« Reply #10157 on: September 07, 2015, 02:55:44 PM »
There are gimmicky accounts, and then there's this:

https://www.reddit.com/user/gradual_swede

This is, just, wow :D
That is a work of art.
❄~Lurks and sometimes draws~❄
Fluent: :us: | Someday: :ru:

:chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #10158 on: September 07, 2015, 03:03:19 PM »
Unfortunately this means I won't be able to go on the forum often, if at all. That's okay though, I'm sure the trip will be plenty enough to make up for it.

We *will* expect an intel report on the Silent World once you get home, though.  With pictures.  (Can you persuade your brother-in-law to let you take photos of all those mighty Old World military machines now gathering dust in their hangars?   ;) )  And maybe reports on the best brotchen and wurst
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #10159 on: September 07, 2015, 03:35:57 PM »
Wait what's wrong with Hetalia? I don't really know much about it, but I know of it and people seem to have such extreme reactions to it. Is there something really bad about it?

All I know is that hetalia is synonymous with my middle school years for me so I have bad memories ofthe trash human being I used to be >_>
YEET

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #10160 on: September 07, 2015, 04:01:07 PM »
brotchen

You mean brötchen, as in breadroll? That's an oddly specific thing to be interested in.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #10161 on: September 07, 2015, 04:35:35 PM »
"My friend make me see movies I missed" : Tonight, Up. Well done, I cried.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #10162 on: September 07, 2015, 04:36:33 PM »
Quote from: Fimbulvarg
That's an oddly specific thing to be interested in.
You think so? To be honest (and fulfill the cliché), the hunt for perfect Brötchen for the Sunday breakfast is a very important occupation in my family. The bakeries often experiment with new sorts, so we kind of rotate to make sure we don't miss the best sort. ;)

@Mélu: Me too...
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #10163 on: September 07, 2015, 04:49:22 PM »
"My friend make me see movies I missed" : Tonight, Up. Well done, I cried.

Yyyyyyep, I cried at that one too. Seems to be a common reaction. You had some tissues, I hope? ; )
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Mélusine

« Reply #10164 on: September 07, 2015, 05:02:18 PM »
Yyyyyyep, I cried at that one too. Seems to be a common reaction. You had some tissues, I hope? ; )
No tissues. So, it was one of these moments you try to stay dignified. More or less.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #10165 on: September 07, 2015, 05:24:23 PM »
A picture of me at the moment:
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #10166 on: September 07, 2015, 05:27:22 PM »

RTR saaaaaaaaaame
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #10167 on: September 07, 2015, 05:31:39 PM »
(snip)

Same. Totally same. Urgh.
Good luck with all that? : D
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #10168 on: September 07, 2015, 05:51:26 PM »
Alright, so. I'm a few weeks into the new school year, now. I've moved five times in the last five months, most recently on Friday.  I was hoping to have some more time for the forum now that I'm off work, and wont be moving again for several months, but... this is going to be a very busy semester. I'm already getting about 3 times as much homework as I'm used to, and I have tests (upcoming this week already)/papers/projects in all of my classes already.  And the crippling dread that I'm studying the wrong thing that was giving me small panic attacks before coming back is persisting even though I'm already back, and... Basically... I'm stressed and distraught and I'm making a terrible Forum-Thor for y'all cause I've barely been here in months.  ;__;  I'm so sorry y'all, and I hope I can come back and Thor full time again soon.
Feel free to PM.

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #10169 on: September 07, 2015, 06:06:32 PM »

Same. To quote Yuuago, "Urgh." Hope you're able to get everything in order/ done.

Alright, so. I'm a few weeks into the new school year, now. I've moved five times in the last five months, most recently on Friday.  I was hoping to have some more time for the forum now that I'm off work, and wont be moving again for several months, but... this is going to be a very busy semester. I'm already getting about 3 times as much homework as I'm used to, and I have tests (upcoming this week already)/papers/projects in all of my classes already.  And the crippling dread that I'm studying the wrong thing that was giving me small panic attacks before coming back is persisting even though I'm already back, and... Basically... I'm stressed and distraught and I'm making a terrible Forum-Thor for y'all cause I've barely been here in months.  ;__;  I'm so sorry y'all, and I hope I can come back and Thor full time again soon.

Aw. I'm not very much help in the advice department, but really, real life comes before forum life, even for Forum-Thors. Take care of yourself. Here's to you being able to tackle your semester work and anxiety issues.

*sends hugs and cookies*