Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410194 times)

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #10110 on: September 05, 2015, 01:26:20 PM »
So far I'm torn between ComicFury, Smackjeeves, and Tapastic. I've looked up a couple reviews since and they're all inconsistent as to whether ComicFury or Smackjeeves is better, and I'm intrigued by Tapastic's layout, but I'd probably be updating one page at a time instead of whole chapters :\ Tumblr is certainly an option and then I could get my theme done with the help of m-ew (who's RAD at themes) but I'm not sure how convenient it seems navigation-wise. Huuuuuu I'll decide soon enough
FELLOW EXCITED SCREECHING

If it helps any, Hotblood! is hosted on Tumblr. The only other I know of is Quick$ilver and ... that's apparently moved within the last few weeks! Whoops. But Hotblood! should give you an idea of how a comic hosted on Tumblr can look. (I might add that though neither of these comics are my cup of tea, they do have magnificent artwork.)

Also don't feel like you'll have to upload a lot of pages at a time on Tapastic! I read a ton of comics that don't do that: Gamercat, Strays, Fox and Willow...

Also RANDOM BUT IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: TODD ALLISON AND THE PETUNIA VIOLET HAS JOINED HIVEWORKS AND IT IS REVAMPED AND SO PRETTY~

*proceeds to reread it for the umpteenth time*
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 01:31:58 PM by Lenny »
Am notified of private messages via email.

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #10111 on: September 05, 2015, 01:38:10 PM »
If it helps any, Hotblood! is hosted on Tumblr. The only other I know of is Quick$ilver and ... that's apparently moved within the last few weeks! Whoops. But Hotblood! should give you an idea of how a comic hosted on Tumblr can look. (I might add that though neither of these comics are my cup of tea, they do have magnificent artwork.)

I feel like I've come across several comics that were hosted on Tumblr (although I can't name them at the moment, one that I'm fond of that's Tumblr-hosted is Eth's Skin), and it's the platform I've got my [pending] webcomic site set up on.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #10112 on: September 05, 2015, 01:40:18 PM »
So, I had entered the black hole of the internet, and was clicking around on a few sites when I came upon this list. I was thrilled that both SSSS and aRTD were included, but they got the description totally wrong. So wrong I'm pretty sure they've never even read the comic...

here's a link to the page if any of you want to comment about it.

http://www.geeksvip.com/the-18-best-webcomics-you-should-be-reading/6/?ipp=3&utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=ijammedia-whatsonnetflix&utm_content=AgingHorriblyUSDesktop&utm_campaign=AgingHorribly

http://scamanalyze.com/check/geeksvip.com.html
The whole thing looks pretty strange to me. 7 facebook likes and 15  shares in total (and I wonder how many of them are from this forum, following that link)? I'd rather leave the whole thing be, TBH.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 01:44:06 PM by Unlos »

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #10113 on: September 05, 2015, 02:25:18 PM »

Also don't feel like you'll have to upload a lot of pages at a time on Tapastic! I read a ton of comics that don't do that: Gamercat, Strays, Fox and Willow...
I feel like I've come across several comics that were hosted on Tumblr (although I can't name them at the moment, one that I'm fond of that's Tumblr-hosted is Eth's Skin), and it's the platform I've got my [pending] webcomic site set up on.

Yeah, I've seen a couple comics on tumblr, but neither of them handled their themes as elegantly as these :O I think I'm leaning to tapastic, though, because the interface is so smooth and apparently it's super easy to use, too (nice!!). HhhHHHHHhhhhh decisions are Difficult
YEET

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #10114 on: September 05, 2015, 02:34:15 PM »
HELP HELP
MY PHOTOSHOP IS EATING PARTS OF MY ART PROJECT AND I DONT KNOW WHYYYYY???

I'm making gif sets, and I opened up an older finished one...and the background layer is gone and giant square chunks have vanished from the top animation layer???? And then the same thing is happening with the one I just 'finished': it plays fine, then the background layer gets weird and has cut out a zig zag of on of the ye olde layers I merged ages ago into the background layer and...???? It even uploads like that, the weird chunks gone and I don't know what to dooooooo I've never worked with photoshop before have I done something wrong????????

If anyone knows anything that could help....... ;_____;

Spoiler: the chunks • show

don't mind the poopy animation i need to fix it <_<

I wish I could help, but all I can do is to admire the art.   :-X
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #10115 on: September 05, 2015, 05:00:54 PM »
Volda might be small in size, but its heart is big (trust me, I know. I have family there).

At least it's got more Norwegian character than pretentious, noveau-rich Stavanger.

Interestingly, I have family in both places.

goshdarn stavanger that stole trondheim's spot as 3rd biggest norwegian city, to boot

As long as you're not bitter.
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #10116 on: September 05, 2015, 05:04:28 PM »
As long as you're not bitter.
oh noo no no, I'm never bitter about anything. [/sarcasm]

tomorrow's a viking day for me! dressing up in viking gear to teach people how to shoot arrows at some museum, that is. I think lady galadriel herself hired us
you'll know where to find me.

Miss Honeyham

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • *coughing fit*
« Reply #10117 on: September 05, 2015, 07:22:15 PM »
So far I'm torn between ComicFury, Smackjeeves, and Tapastic. I've looked up a couple reviews since and they're all inconsistent as to whether ComicFury or Smackjeeves is better, and I'm intrigued by Tapastic's layout, but I'd probably be updating one page at a time instead of whole chapters :\ Tumblr is certainly an option and then I could get my theme done with the help of m-ew (who's RAD at themes) but I'm not sure how convenient it seems navigation-wise. Huuuuuu I'll decide soon enough
FELLOW EXCITED SCREECHING

Well, regardless of what you choose, keep us posted! (I freaking love reading webcomics.)
:usa: | :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :book1: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9:

Russet

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • eaten by the trolls that took over the tropics.
« Reply #10118 on: September 05, 2015, 09:30:45 PM »
tomorrow's a viking day for me! dressing up in viking gear to teach people how to shoot arrows at some museum, that is. I think lady galadriel herself hired us
You know how to shoot arrows? That's pretty rad!
On another note, I should be studying but it's so boring...
:artd: | :chap0::chap1::chap2::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10:
Fluent: :uk: :china: :malaysia:
Learning: :japan: :france:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #10119 on: September 05, 2015, 11:32:31 PM »
I wish I could help, but all I can do is to admire the art.   :-X
Ahh that's ok! :3 I fixed it by just redoing the layer...but I never found out what happened...and the old gif is still broken, but I found a copy of the still images so it should be ok if I re-upload it or something.

Also! Happy Father's Day if your country doesn't do the other mysterious US Fathers day date...whenever that is...
We celebrated by giving dad a subtly passive aggressive card, just like his birthday one the other week UuUb And also a box of licorices which I am jealous of... my grandparents were supposed to come up for a special lunch, but Nan got sick and then gave her cold to Pop (you tell them it's cold and flu season, and deliberately stay away from them when you're sick so they don't get sick and what do they do? Go to ALL the social events [looking at you Nan] and then get sick and claim you got it off me ahahahahah) so they couldn't come and we just delivered their lunch next door like it was in super quarantine. Nan made sure to give us a mysterious container filled with "dessert".....but.......I don't know what it is and whether or not it's got cold germs all through it ..... <_<

Oooohhhhh that's cool! Will there be any pictures of Viking!Haiz? :O

to teach people how to shoot arrows at some museum
(don't shoot any of the exhibits..or the windows) Sounds like an attack on the museum XD
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #10120 on: September 06, 2015, 03:06:38 AM »
You know how to shoot arrows? That's pretty rad!

I do! Not super well or anything, but I've been a member of a historical archery club for a couple years now :3

Oooohhhhh that's cool! Will there be any pictures of Viking!Haiz? :O

(don't shoot any of the exhibits..or the windows) Sounds like an attack on the museum XD
probably yes!

Oh haha that's what happens when you try to word things when you're tired. I should maybe explain that it's called a museum, but it's actually a huge outside area with some old houses and stuff? So we'll be at the museum, but outside. (And hopefully we'll avoid shooting at the houses)

hrghrghh should probably get out of bed now
you'll know where to find me.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #10121 on: September 06, 2015, 04:09:42 AM »
Oh haha that's what happens when you try to word things when you're tired. I should maybe explain that it's called a museum, but it's actually a huge outside area with some old houses and stuff? So we'll be at the museum, but outside. (And hopefully we'll avoid shooting at the houses)
We have an other name than museum for these places :) I saw a few of them, but not a Viking one, for obvious reasons. Oh, wait, there is a village reconstruction in a bigger place, does it count or should I add "see a Viking museum" on my I-wish to-do list ? Mmmh...
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Russet

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • eaten by the trolls that took over the tropics.
« Reply #10122 on: September 06, 2015, 08:32:55 AM »
I do! Not super well or anything, but I've been a member of a historical archery club for a couple years now :3
probably yes!
Is there much of a difference between an archery club and a historical archery club?
Maybe your targets are shaped like olden warriors? ;D
:artd: | :chap0::chap1::chap2::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10:
Fluent: :uk: :china: :malaysia:
Learning: :japan: :france:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #10123 on: September 06, 2015, 10:44:17 AM »
After sometimes weeks of semi-procrastination on some things on my to-do list, I
- checked one of my CV
- sent it
- ended a long and important letter and put it into an envelop in order to NOT read it for the (insert a number with two figures here) time and want to re-write all again
- answered to two mails which needed a special and a bit long answer
- wrote two postcards (but that was the nicest things on my to-do list)
If I sew the knitted cardigan which is waiting for me since months, I will have a very productive day ! :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #10124 on: September 06, 2015, 11:06:55 AM »
After sometimes weeks of semi-procrastination on some things on my to-do list, I
- checked one of my CV
- sent it
- ended a long and important letter and put it into an envelop in order to NOT read it for the (insert a number with two figures here) time and want to re-write all again
- answered to two mails which needed a special and a bit long answer
- wrote two postcards (but that was the nicest things on my to-do list)
If I sew the knitted cardigan which is waiting for me since months, I will have a very productive day ! :)

It sounds very productive already! Way to go. : D

... 's way too early in the day for me to even know what I'll be doing today. But it will probably involve writing fic. And postcards. And taking care of the responsibilities that I neglected yesterday (oops).
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge