Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410630 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #9285 on: August 12, 2015, 04:48:25 AM »
Also remember that you're not the same person you were the last time you saw your family.  Months have passed, and you've become our Marvelous Mélusine.  Magical Mélusine.  The one who created a self-insert character with a wonderfully bittersweet persona and backstory (and we're all rooting for a happy ending for her, whether she's reunited with her beloved friend in life or Tuonela).  The one who successfully traveled to Prague by herself and hung out with Hotel Haiz.  The one who's done all sorts of things for the first time (or first in a long time) and told us about them.  The one who has all kinds of hidden strengths.

Since you're not the same person, hopefully the interactions don't have to be the same either.  Keep your chin up!
You want to make me cry, isn't it ? Well done.
Thank. And Ana and ReturnOfDaveBro too. My parents will arrive earlier than what was said, I'm not ready, and my father is sending me a lot of message, saying "We're at 65km", "We're at 48km", ... so I assume I should better try to be ready. But I will read your message an other time before.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #9286 on: August 12, 2015, 09:57:16 AM »
While we're on the topic of your links, I was playing A Dark Room literally all day, and now my wrist and fingers are sore from all the clicking and I'm not even done with the game >:( *shakes fist at Kick* (Well yeah, I could end it anytime but ya know I'm not going to. And I acknowledge this is like 95% my fault)

I showed this game to my brother, he played it nonstop for 5 hours until he ended it. :o

Owl: I don't know anything about postal rules... :/
Except that if you write "social letter" on  the envelope, you don't have to pay for postage stamp (at least in Brazil).
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 09:59:53 AM by Daéa Reina »
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
« Reply #9287 on: August 12, 2015, 10:01:57 AM »
My friends finally convinced haha, more like forced me to get an Instagram! I post mostly non-ssss art there, and I'm debating requests. My name is @OhDearDeer, (Oh Deer was taken!  :'() I have no idea how to link it. But if you want to check it out or not there it is. Woo?
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #9288 on: August 12, 2015, 10:27:48 AM »
While we're on the topic of your links, I was playing A Dark Room literally all day, and now my wrist and fingers are sore from all the clicking and I'm not even done with the game >:( *shakes fist at Kick* (Well yeah, I could end it anytime but ya know I'm not going to. And I acknowledge this is like 95% my fault)

I showed this game to my brother, he played it nonstop for 5 hours until he ended it. :o

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

(and don't worry, the screencaps i have span over at least three days, although i'm sure it was longer than that)¯\_(ツ)_/¯

((but please rest your poor hands. and how are the compass adventures going?))

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #9289 on: August 12, 2015, 11:31:24 AM »
just saying im dropping off the face of the earth again.

dunno how long

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #9290 on: August 12, 2015, 01:03:04 PM »
I was about to mention it!!
Wow, Viola really had a skyrocket ascension (is this the correct expression?) in terms of forum ranks!! Congratulations! ;D

As for me I've been demoted back to square one (literally. As in I only have a single square). From toblerones and airport brandy to salty ship biscuits and salt-watered rum.

I hope I get steady internet soon, using open wi-fi at train stations like some kind of hobo is getting tedious.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #9291 on: August 12, 2015, 01:44:15 PM »
Just got back from a nice drive to Pennsylvania and back! I saw a lot of trees and some old friends from school which was nice. They snuck us into their camp cafeteria for lunch (free food!) and we got to sit in on a rehearsal from their band :D
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #9292 on: August 12, 2015, 01:44:54 PM »
General Discussion:
Does anyone know postal...uh... Rules? Like, what if I wanted to mail a dead leaf. Can I mail leaf? :I

I know my state has pretty strict quarantine for incoming stuff, just not sure about other places...

US Immigration always asks if one has uncooked meat or vegetable products, and whether or not one has visited a farm or had contact with livestock, so if it's the US--go to www.usps.com to check.  Use your computer, the mobile site is limited. :)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 01:53:47 PM by ReturnOfDaveBro »
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #9293 on: August 12, 2015, 02:14:00 PM »
General Discussion:
Does anyone know postal...uh... Rules? Like, what if I wanted to mail a dead leaf. Can I mail leaf? :I

I know my state has pretty strict quarantine for incoming stuff, just not sure about other places...

Make sure to check the pulse first, it might not be dead after all.

You could try to mail it? If it turns out you can't mail it after all they'll just dispose of the letter. It's not like you're sending something invaluable after all(?).

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #9294 on: August 12, 2015, 02:29:12 PM »
I hope I get steady internet soon, using open wi-fi at train stations like some kind of hobo is getting tedious.
I became quite the connoisseur of airport wifis, myself...

I just confirmed the study plan for my semester at uni that starts next week. Seems like I'm up for a whole lot of ancient history and philosophy... sdfksdfkn fdkjndfn i'm so not ready for uni, i have little to no faith in my study abilities,, i don't know what i'm doing with my life and i don't want to think about any of this because i'll just spiral into existential crisis and that's not fun for anyone.

so i'm just gonna distract myself by drawing aspects of my personality as the four elements instead
you'll know where to find me.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #9295 on: August 12, 2015, 02:47:10 PM »
I just confirmed the study plan for my semester at uni that starts next week. Seems like I'm up for a whole lot of ancient history and philosophy... sdfksdfkn fdkjndfn i'm so not ready for uni, i have little to no faith in my study abilities,, i don't know what i'm doing with my life and i don't want to think about any of this because i'll just spiral into existential crisis and that's not fun for anyone.

It's ok, even people who think they know where they're headed and what they're doing will sooner or later get a surprise from life itself. I mean I had things pretty well figured out, steady job, all my loans paid and so forth and then what happens? I end up in Iceland. That was not in the plans.

Other things that were not in the plans: storm, salted caramel popcorn being surprisingly yummy (I don't usually like sweets so scarfing down a whole bowl of them almost scared me), rear-ending another car. Our poor old Mitsubishi is now well dented in the front, but thankfully no one was hurt and the other car fared the collision a lot better. -.-
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #9296 on: August 12, 2015, 02:52:17 PM »
Other things that were not in the plans: storm, salted caramel popcorn being surprisingly yummy (I don't usually like sweets so scarfing down a whole bowl of them almost scared me), rear-ending another car. Our poor old Mitsubishi is now well dented in the front, but thankfully no one was hurt and the other car fared the collision a lot better. -.-

Wait. Did this just happen today? I don't remember the car being dented, just squeaking. Either way, I'm glad you're ok!
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #9297 on: August 12, 2015, 03:01:04 PM »

In my three-going-on-four years at uni, I've only ever met one person who knew exactly which courses and modules they wanted to take and was confident about what they were going to do with their life - and they're an insufferable prat who never shuts up about how well their life is going now. So don't worry! I think it's quite normal not to know.
(For comparison, my modules next year involve nanochemistry, 'advanced' physical chemistry and... Absolute Beginner's Swedish. Which I signed up for on a whim, because why not. Kind-of-random module choices for everyone!)
And besides, ancient history sounds cool! Do you know which parts you'll be studying?

It's ok, even people who think they know where they're headed and what they're doing will sooner or later get a surprise from life itself. I mean I had things pretty well figured out, steady job, all my loans paid and so forth and then what happens? I end up in Iceland. That was not in the plans.
You sort of make it sound like you just woke up on the docks in Reykjavik after a heavy night out and thought "well, I'm here now, might as well stay" :D
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #9298 on: August 12, 2015, 03:04:16 PM »
I mean I had things pretty well figured out, steady job, all my loans paid and so forth and then what happens? I end up in Iceland. That was not in the plans.

Are you a reverse Reynir?

rear-ending another car. Our poor old Mitsubishi is now well dented in the front, but thankfully no one was hurt and the other car fared the collision a lot better. -.-

That's pretty much one of my number one worries right now. My car is my cat-tank and it would be seriously inconvenient if it were seriously damaged.

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #9299 on: August 12, 2015, 03:07:23 PM »
Are you a reverse Reynir?

Given me the image of Laufey delivering a ship (in a box) to Iceland there...
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3