Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2411310 times)

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #9255 on: August 11, 2015, 05:06:25 PM »
Does this mean there are now pages of the guestbook filled with sigrun?

...I didn't think of that, why didn't I think of that? Oh well, that just adds another reason to go there again at least once more this year. Also congratulations! :D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #9256 on: August 11, 2015, 05:15:36 PM »
Ooh, that does sound cool! And a bonus for having hair that you can hide at work. My recomwndation would be to tall to some of our fellow forumotes who havr already taken the plunge: North and Freddiethefantastic already have hair that's similar to what toy want, so you should see if you can get in contact woth them  :D.

My one thought might be that having a cool topnot is something that's pretty edgy and trendy right now, and I don't want to sound abrasive, but do you think you could have the "pinash" to pull it off?
Like, would you rock the hairdo, or would it rock you? Sometimes people get dramatic haircuts, and then realize later that they don't have the energy or time to really take advantage of them.

So long story short, really think about it, because shaving your hair is something that won't grow back overnight, and really evaluate if it matches your style.  :)
Yah, I do see it a lot, on guys mostly. I wouldn't want to cut it that far up though! That really would be too much for me. I also have a rather oval face and not terribly pronounced cheekbones, so I have to take that into consideration.

My other concern is just, upkeep XD you kinda have to keep cutting it down as it grows out, which could get expensive (I do not trust myself with a razor/have friends willing to do that for me)
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #9257 on: August 11, 2015, 05:27:55 PM »
Yah, I do see it a lot, on guys mostly. I wouldn't want to cut it that far up though! That really would be too much for me. I also have a rather oval face and not terribly pronounced cheekbones, so I have to take that into consideration.

My other concern is just, upkeep XD you kinda have to keep cutting it down as it grows out, which could get expensive (I do not trust myself with a razor/have friends willing to do that for me)
Yeah, face shape is super important when choosing a haircut. It's good that you have thought of all these things, keep on researching it, get more opinions, and when you feel comfortable that you have thought of all the variables, make a decision  :)
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #9258 on: August 11, 2015, 05:28:40 PM »
Wait, Vi, why do you have... oh. Skald. Well... congratulations ? ;)
Yep, we're glad to welcome Viola as a content moderator.  Congratulations!  I know she'll be a great addition to the team.
I'd congratulate you in the appropriate thread, but since the topic is already raised here - congrats Viola!
I was about to mention it!!
Wow, Viola really had a skyrocket ascension (is this the correct expression?) in terms of forum ranks!! Congratulations! ;D
...I didn't think of that, why didn't I think of that? Oh well, that just adds another reason to go there again at least once more this year. Also congratulations! :D

Thanks so much guys! :) 
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #9259 on: August 11, 2015, 05:31:14 PM »
make a decision  :)
But that's the part I'm awful at! 
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Mélusine

« Reply #9260 on: August 11, 2015, 05:35:32 PM »
Thanks so much guys! :)
Now we have an hidden skald ^^
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #9261 on: August 11, 2015, 05:37:22 PM »
Now we have an hidden skald ^^

Hidden?
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Mélusine

« Reply #9262 on: August 11, 2015, 05:39:33 PM »
Hidden?
Yes, it's unable to see if you're here or not :) (Wait, it's not a choice ? Or I'm making a mistake in my words...)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #9263 on: August 11, 2015, 05:43:50 PM »
Yes, it's unable to see if you're here or not :) (Wait, it's not a choice ? Or I'm making a mistake in my words...)

Ohhhhh you mean my online status. Ohhh. I can turn it back on. There. Now you can see me.
You can change it in your settings. I know a few other forum members who use the hidden thing as well.

Mélusine

« Reply #9264 on: August 11, 2015, 05:46:33 PM »
Ohhhhh you mean my online status. Ohhh. I can turn it back on. There. Now you can see me.
You can change it in your settings. I know a few other forum members who use the hidden thing as well.
Feel free to do what you want, the idea of a skald in the shadow was funny for me, I don't want to force you to change that :)

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #9265 on: August 11, 2015, 06:10:01 PM »

Feel free to do what you want, the idea of a skald in the shadow was funny for me, I don't want to force you to change that :)

If Viola stayed invisible, I think we'd have to change her title to "Vaette"...  :o
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #9266 on: August 11, 2015, 06:14:33 PM »
If Viola stayed invisible, I think we'd have to change her title to "Vaette"...  :o

* Feartheviolas goes back to being invisible

Mélusine

« Reply #9267 on: August 11, 2015, 06:17:29 PM »
... Okay, no, I don't understand *Nervous smile*

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #9268 on: August 11, 2015, 06:21:13 PM »
Ooh, that does sound cool! And a bonus for having hair that you can hide at work. My recommendation would be to talk to some of our fellow forumites who have already taken the plunge: North and Freddiethefantastic already have hair that's similar to what to you want, so you should see if you can get in contact with them  :D.

My one thought might be that having a cool topnot is something that's pretty edgy and trendy right now, and I don't want to sound abrasive, but do you think you could have the "pinash" to pull it off?
Like, would you rock the hairdo, or would it rock you? Sometimes people get dramatic haircuts, and then realize later that they don't have the energy or time to really take advantage of them.

So long story short, really think about it, because shaving your hair is something that won't grow back overnight, and really evaluate if it matches your style.  :)

Aaaah freddie actually doesn't have an undercut, they just have shorter hair in general and dye it a lot, so alas, they'd only be able to advise you about dye (and they do know lots about that :O ) but if I remember correctly, wildfire also rocks the undercut. koalalou has a super rad sidecut as well but that's more difficult to hide for professional events :3c
YEET

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #9269 on: August 11, 2015, 06:26:00 PM »
Aaaah freddie actually doesn't have an undercut, they just have shorter hair in general and dye it a lot, so alas, they'd only be able to advise you about dye (and they do know lots about that :O ) but if I remember correctly, wildfire also rocks the undercut. koalalou has a super rad sidecut as well but that's more difficult to hide for professional events :3c
Oh yeah, whoops  ::)  I didn't know wildfire had one, maybe they can weigh in and help Sol come to a decision  :)
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat: