Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410728 times)

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #9240 on: August 11, 2015, 03:38:41 PM »
So I went to Wales' only IKEA today (<3).
Just look at the teensy flag they put on the famous meatballs!

(this was the only picture I took because before long I was carrying armfuls of tealights and/or a set of unpronounceable dining chairs but eh)
I also stole one of their tiny pencils as punishment for the labyrinth, as I am a horrible person irredeemable gangster.
O_______O I HAVE NEVER GOTTEN A TINY FLAG

or that much potatoes

jealoussssss
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #9241 on: August 11, 2015, 03:45:11 PM »
WELP today didn't go exactly as planned. First of all the weather turned out to be agreeable for once (no worries, we've got a storm warning for tomorrow) so I hopped on a bus and finally went to Esjan. I've been wishing to go there all summer but first the cosplay stuff happened and after that it was always a bad weather or something else was happening, so heh this year my first Esja-climb was in August then.

On my way back I of course missed my returning bus by 5 min and had to wait an hour for the next one, but the cafe down the mountain is cozy-ish with lots of stuff to read and has ok coffee so I didn't mind killing some time there. Finally back home I had a shower and decided to lie down for a bit...
...and woke up hours later. WHY. >:(
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Solovei

• Tumblr
« Reply #9242 on: August 11, 2015, 03:47:40 PM »
WELP today didn't go exactly as planned. First of all the weather turned out to be agreeable for once (no worries, we've got a storm warning for tomorrow) so I hopped on a bus and finally went to Esjan. I've been wishing to go there all summer but first the cosplay stuff happened and after that it was always a bad weather or something else was happening, so heh this year my first Esja-climb was in August then.

On my way back I of course missed my returning bus by 5 min and had to wait an hour for the next one, but the cafe down the mountain is cozy-ish with lots of stuff to read and has ok coffee so I didn't mind killing some time there. Finally back home I had a shower and decided to lie down for a bit...
Aww that doesn't sound great, but it seems like you at least made the best of it :)

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #9243 on: August 11, 2015, 03:50:13 PM »

What's the problem in this story, that sounds like a perfect day!

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #9244 on: August 11, 2015, 03:54:22 PM »
So um, this is probably not the right place for this BUT is anyone here like, really good at hair? I need some advice on what to do with mine x_x
Well, I don't know if I can be called a hair ghuru, but I think I know a thing or two. What questions do you have? What's your hair type? Need input on hairstyles? Etc.
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #9245 on: August 11, 2015, 03:56:52 PM »

ESJAAAAAN! YAY! Did you see my name in the book? My name is in the book. Right under T's.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Solovei

• Tumblr
« Reply #9246 on: August 11, 2015, 04:03:12 PM »
Well, I don't know if I can be called a hair ghuru, but I think I know a thing or two. What questions do you have? What's your hair type? Need input on hairstyles? Etc.
Okay well basically the more I look at pictures of hidden undercuts the more I want one Dx
My hair is a little above shoulder-length right now, it's kind of thick and there's a lot of it. It's not dyed or anything.

I'm torn between letting it grow out longer and you know, have a proper work-appropriate haircut or shaving the back somewhat and hiding it behind longer pieces like this:
Spoiler: show

Lainer3

« Reply #9247 on: August 11, 2015, 04:10:14 PM »

As long as you have a lot of hair, you can still be work appropriate with undercut.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #9248 on: August 11, 2015, 04:34:50 PM »
Aww that doesn't sound great, but it seems like you at least made the best of it :)

The climbing part was very nice, actually! Ideal weather - not sunny but very clear, cool, even a bit on the cold side (my breath was steaming once I got past stage 4) and since it's Tuesday there were very few other people there.

What's the problem in this story, that sounds like a perfect day!

Aside of sleeping away half of it, yes it was quite perfect! The sleeping part annoys me lots because I had meant to get some work done today but I guess I'll be working the evening then... :P

ESJAAAAAN! YAY! Did you see my name in the book? My name is in the book. Right under T's.

Hahah, actually I didn't get much of a chance to read it as there was one other climber and a couple who arrived a little after me and were waiting for their turn. If anyone climbs after me my name's on 11th August, you'll know which one it is when you see it. :D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #9249 on: August 11, 2015, 04:39:22 PM »
Hahah, actually I didn't get much of a chance to read it as there was one other climber and a couple who arrived a little after me and were waiting for their turn. If anyone climbs after me my name's on 11th August, you'll know which one it is when you see it. :D

Does this mean there are now pages of the guestbook filled with sigrun?
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Mélusine

« Reply #9250 on: August 11, 2015, 04:44:46 PM »
Wait, Vi, why do you have... oh. Skald. Well... congratulations ? ;)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #9251 on: August 11, 2015, 04:48:02 PM »

Yep, we're glad to welcome Viola as a content moderator.  Congratulations!  I know she'll be a great addition to the team.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #9252 on: August 11, 2015, 04:50:10 PM »
I'd congratulate you in the appropriate thread, but since the topic is already raised here - congrats Viola!

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #9253 on: August 11, 2015, 04:54:52 PM »

I was about to mention it!!
Wow, Viola really had a skyrocket ascension (is this the correct expression?) in terms of forum ranks!! Congratulations! ;D
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #9254 on: August 11, 2015, 05:02:06 PM »
Okay well basically the more I look at pictures of hidden undercuts the more I want one Dx
My hair is a little above shoulder-length right now, it's kind of thick and there's a lot of it. It's not dyed or anything.

I'm torn between letting it grow out longer and you know, have a proper work-appropriate haircut or shaving the back somewhat and hiding it behind longer pieces like this:
Spoiler: show

Ooh, that does sound cool! And a bonus for having hair that you can hide at work. My recomwndation would be to tall to some of our fellow forumotes who havr already taken the plunge: North and Freddiethefantastic already have hair that's similar to what toy want, so you should see if you can get in contact woth them  :D.

My one thought might be that having a cool topnot is something that's pretty edgy and trendy right now, and I don't want to sound abrasive, but do you think you could have the "pinash" to pull it off?
Like, would you rock the hairdo, or would it rock you? Sometimes people get dramatic haircuts, and then realize later that they don't have the energy or time to really take advantage of them.

So long story short, really think about it, because shaving your hair is something that won't grow back overnight, and really evaluate if it matches your style.  :)
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat: