Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387527 times)

Russet

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • eaten by the trolls that took over the tropics.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #9105 on: August 08, 2015, 05:21:19 AM »
Probably because of dirty clothes? They take up more space than clean clothes because they've been worn before so the wrinkles etc make them more difficult to fold. (this is purely a random guess)
& It's even worse for me, Eriaror, because I'm having exams soon and should be a lot more in tune with the passing of time, haha. Speaking of which, how do you guys motivate yourselves to study? I'm having a lot of trouble concentrating.
:artd: | :chap0::chap1::chap2::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10:
Fluent: :uk: :china: :malaysia:
Learning: :japan: :france:

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #9106 on: August 08, 2015, 05:21:45 AM »
AAAAaaaahhhh

Spoiler: long story • show
This afternoon has been interesting! Dad asked me to walk up the back of the property and check the fence for holes, because he can't work out why wallabies keep coming in (apparently it's nothing to do with the south side of the property not having a fence, me and my whacky ideas ;3) adding that if I saw any holes, to take photos and note down the location for him. I said "Sure." but at this time my phone was flat, so I waited for it to charge some.
About ten minutes later dad drives the tractor into the yard; it's got a mix of grass killer on the back, and he proceeds spraying the driveway with a hose attachment etc. Ok, that's fine. I absentmindedly start eating a chocolate bar and just watch a bit until my phone's charge is at a reasonable level. My obsessive eating pays off, and I see dad finish spraying the driveway, and start spraying the surrounding garden: man ferns, lavender, daffodils, fuchsias, cherry trees etc. Ok. Um. Dad moves the tractor further around the yard so he can access the middle. He sprays the lilies, the rose garden, and the birdbath. Ooook. I low-key follow him from inside the house, around to the far end of the garden where he sprays some bottlebrushes, and the bee boxes. Ooooooookay.
I finish the chocolate bar, grab my stuff and start walking up to the back fence, detouring past the back of the yard and dad. I call out to him (cheerfully) "What're you spraying?" and he starts and looks up.
"Grass?"
"With what?" (still cheerful)
"With [brand name of hardcore plant killer]."
"Oh. Ok."
And I keep walking. I get up the hill; it's a total bog from wallaby foot traffic all along the fence. So it was very safe to say that there are no holes in the fence, and that the wallabies that entered from the southern side just couldn't find their way out and had decided to live up here in the small block of bush. I guessed maybe ten...there were a lot of tracks but I put this down to them moving up and down the fence multiple times, it's a very common thing. I keep walking, and by walking I mean strategically slip-and-sliding in a forward direction while remaining upright, and for some reason I decide to clap my hands...just to shoo them out and maybe get an idea of a head count.
The noise. Cracks and swooshes and thumping just filled the air and at least fifty wallabies just bounded out chaotically in all directions, some heading towards me, some bouncing down into the bush and paddock. Freaking everywhere. It was hilarious.
So I slip up the track some more, still clapping, and there's wallabies left right and centre. MORE WALLABIES APPEAR. MORE. They're leaping out of the scrub next to me, flying down the hill, slipping about in the mud like it's a rave party. Eventually I remembered to take a few pictures of the more visible ones, and called up dad with the information.
[[makes pizza dough only to realise there's frozen ones in the fridge, makes focaccia instead. Makes steamed vegetables, has to throw half of them out and start again because they're not peeled, silly me]]
SO, to cut an already long story short; wallaby massacre ensues. Dinner making ensues. Dad leaves a mess of foods everywhere (because I'm not making dinner fast enough) and for some reason I overestimate the strength of a plastic bread bag and now there's fruit bread everywhere. *sigh*
Edit: wow it's even in the lounge room and I VACUUMED TODAY ARGHHH AND THERE ARE VISITORS COming to stay this week. -___-

Long story shorter:
So many wallabies.

But anyway, all those wallabies made me think: what if they were beasts. Nooooooooo. Either
a) I would be so doomed,
b) ~Year 23~
future me: *casually* Hey son how many did you get? Is the fence holding up?
son: seventy-eight. *turns and fires another shot* ...Seventy-nine. Fence is ok.
me: *writes down* seventy-nine...and what did you get before lunch?
c) I'll have moved somewhere there are no wallabies.

That is a fancy fancy room
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #9107 on: August 08, 2015, 05:32:21 AM »
it was to be expected, what with that humongous mucha poster, two new teacups, and their respective protective cocoons made of clothes...
Did you find something to protect the poster ? (Haha, cocoons made of clothes ^^ Good idea.)

OrigamiOwl, I can see the wallabies everywhere around you ^^
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 05:36:47 AM by Mélusine »
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #9108 on: August 08, 2015, 05:40:31 AM »
Haiz: to echo Fim a bit here, now that the room is void of Haiz-ness it indeed looks like any hotel room in any hotel anywhere.

Russet: hm, I may be a bit bad at giving advice on this because I tend to have two study settings. Either I like the topic (f.ex. Medieval stuff) in which case no problem what so ever, or I don't like the topic (Icelandic grammar, to name my nemesis) in which case I just grudgingly wade through the material so motivation-wise, no idea. However, what's proven a good way of learning all the stuff I need to know and forgetting none is teaching, or pretending to teach, it to someone else.

OrigamiOwl: That was wild from the beginning to the end. :D I feel bad for the garden though...
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #9109 on: August 08, 2015, 05:42:07 AM »
Hi hello yes I'm here again, how's it going

Well, sayin' I'm not too online because I'm changing house and english is not working 8)
Anyways-- That's all. I don't even know what's going on in here so yeah
see ya' soon heh
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #9110 on: August 08, 2015, 05:45:00 AM »
Hi hello yes I'm here again, how's it going

Well, sayin' I'm not too online because I'm changing house and english is not working 8)
Anyways-- That's all. I don't even know what's going on in here so yeah
see ya' soon heh
You're moving house? Cool! And good luck! :)

OrigamiOwl: That was wild from the beginning to the end. :D I feel bad for the garden though...
If it makes it any wilder, ...who...who was it who dropped a bag of chips and accidentally reflex-kicked them everywhere? (Was it you?) Because that is kind of what happened with the bread....except I swung the bag onto the bench and it...exploded....
Mum's garden is pretty tough ;__; no one is around to maintain it these days, and it just ends up being dad's secret sad punching bag- usually he just hacks everything up with the whipper snipper (weed hacker). I don't think he was expecting me to still be at the house while he was spraying, so, he's trying to convince me to forget it by giving me slices of the focaccia bread I made. *rolls eyes* haha
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 05:59:07 AM by OrigamiOwl »

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #9111 on: August 08, 2015, 05:49:55 AM »
Same here. Summer vacation August is hitting hard once again. What is this weekday-weekend distinction you're speaking of. What day is it even.

But today is actually a workday here... And I'm sitting in the office, while officially I'm still on holiday (but some stuff happened :/)
And no new page, and I want to go back to the beautiful Norway, and it's too hot, and...
nyuuuuuuuu

native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Eriaror

• Ilmarinen
  • Scout
  • Intermediate apprentice of webpage wizardry
« Reply #9112 on: August 08, 2015, 05:53:31 AM »
Awww *patpat* And definitely indeed.
Native :hungary: | Fluent :uk: | Fading :germany:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #9113 on: August 08, 2015, 05:54:48 AM »
And no new page, and I want to go back to the beautiful Norway, and it's too hot, and...
nyuuuuuuuu
You need iced tea. I'm making iced tea this afternoon. (You have all my compassion, I spent 7 hours in a too hot car with something like 35°/40°C outside yesterday for going back after vacations.)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #9114 on: August 08, 2015, 05:56:30 AM »
You're moving house? Cool! And good luck! :)

Yep! It's going to be in my parent's job because it's a chalet(?) and it's gigant :0
And thanks!
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #9115 on: August 08, 2015, 06:15:13 AM »
You need iced tea. I'm making iced tea this afternoon. (You have all my compassion, I spent 7 hours in a too hot car with something like 35°/40°C outside yesterday for going back after vacations.)

Iced tea, that's a good idea  :)
Uh, hot car sounds terrible, especially at the end of your vacation.

Awww *patpat* And definitely indeed.

Thanks...
And how could I forget about our wonderful reaction image collection!?
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #9116 on: August 08, 2015, 06:24:29 AM »
AAAAaaaahhhh

Spoiler: long story • show
This afternoon has been interesting! Dad asked me to walk up the back of the property and check the fence for holes, because he can't work out why wallabies keep coming in (apparently it's nothing to do with the south side of the property not having a fence, me and my whacky ideas ;3) adding that if I saw any holes, to take photos and note down the location for him. I said "Sure." but at this time my phone was flat, so I waited for it to charge some.
About ten minutes later dad drives the tractor into the yard; it's got a mix of grass killer on the back, and he proceeds spraying the driveway with a hose attachment etc. Ok, that's fine. I absentmindedly start eating a chocolate bar and just watch a bit until my phone's charge is at a reasonable level. My obsessive eating pays off, and I see dad finish spraying the driveway, and start spraying the surrounding garden: man ferns, lavender, daffodils, fuchsias, cherry trees etc. Ok. Um. Dad moves the tractor further around the yard so he can access the middle. He sprays the lilies, the rose garden, and the birdbath. Ooook. I low-key follow him from inside the house, around to the far end of the garden where he sprays some bottlebrushes, and the bee boxes. Ooooooookay.
I finish the chocolate bar, grab my stuff and start walking up to the back fence, detouring past the back of the yard and dad. I call out to him (cheerfully) "What're you spraying?" and he starts and looks up.
"Grass?"
"With what?" (still cheerful)
"With [brand name of hardcore plant killer]."
"Oh. Ok."
And I keep walking. I get up the hill; it's a total bog from wallaby foot traffic all along the fence. So it was very safe to say that there are no holes in the fence, and that the wallabies that entered from the southern side just couldn't find their way out and had decided to live up here in the small block of bush. I guessed maybe ten...there were a lot of tracks but I put this down to them moving up and down the fence multiple times, it's a very common thing. I keep walking, and by walking I mean strategically slip-and-sliding in a forward direction while remaining upright, and for some reason I decide to clap my hands...just to shoo them out and maybe get an idea of a head count.
The noise. Cracks and swooshes and thumping just filled the air and at least fifty wallabies just bounded out chaotically in all directions, some heading towards me, some bouncing down into the bush and paddock. Freaking everywhere. It was hilarious.
So I slip up the track some more, still clapping, and there's wallabies left right and centre. MORE WALLABIES APPEAR. MORE. They're leaping out of the scrub next to me, flying down the hill, slipping about in the mud like it's a rave party. Eventually I remembered to take a few pictures of the more visible ones, and called up dad with the information.
[[makes pizza dough only to realise there's frozen ones in the fridge, makes focaccia instead. Makes steamed vegetables, has to throw half of them out and start again because they're not peeled, silly me]]
SO, to cut an already long story short; wallaby massacre ensues. Dinner making ensues. Dad leaves a mess of foods everywhere (because I'm not making dinner fast enough) and for some reason I overestimate the strength of a plastic bread bag and now there's fruit bread everywhere. *sigh*
Edit: wow it's even in the lounge room and I VACUUMED TODAY ARGHHH AND THERE ARE VISITORS COming to stay this week. -___-

Long story shorter:
So many wallabies.

But anyway, all those wallabies made me think: what if they were beasts. Nooooooooo. Either
a) I would be so doomed,
b) ~Year 23~
future me: *casually* Hey son how many did you get? Is the fence holding up?
son: seventy-eight. *turns and fires another shot* ...Seventy-nine. Fence is ok.
me: *writes down* seventy-nine...and what did you get before lunch?
c) I'll have moved somewhere there are no wallabies.

WALLABY RAVE PARTY!!!!  That sounds hallucinatory, but awesome.

But... did you then say "wallaby massacre"?  Awwwww....  :(
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #9117 on: August 08, 2015, 06:34:57 AM »
WALLABY RAVE PARTY!!!!  That sounds hallucinatory, but awesome.

But... did you then say "wallaby massacre"?  Awwwww....  :(
*cough* Massacre? Nooooo, I said.... mascarpone... because... all the mud was like...mascarpone...with wallabies jumping through it....
See?

Uhhhh...that raspberry sauce looks a bit sinister... wait...
See?

<_<
>_>

Here's a fuzzy photo of some slow ones
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 06:37:38 AM by OrigamiOwl »

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #9118 on: August 08, 2015, 06:35:36 AM »
*cough* Massacre? Nooooo, I said.... mascarpone... because... all the mud was like...mascarpone...with wallabies jumping through it....

Is wallaby steak a thing?

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #9119 on: August 08, 2015, 06:38:45 AM »
Is wallaby steak a thing?
It is, but I've never tried it. They have it in fancy restaurants now! :o