Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2411490 times)

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #9030 on: August 04, 2015, 07:26:38 PM »
edit: okay what i actually meant to say is who goes where(aside from sigrun) and what the background should look like (i dont want it to be the beach ok) and what the sand ring force thing should look like

I'm seeing Mikkel as the dude on the left and Emil second from the right. The others, I dunno. Tuuri, maybe the one in the back in white?

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #9031 on: August 04, 2015, 08:18:00 PM »
this just in: i am lazy and am only drawing the immunes

and bs-ing the poses because the image qaulity sucks

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #9032 on: August 04, 2015, 11:59:13 PM »
+double-posting is artzz+

haha i just wanted to say that a lot of people here seem to like Alphonse Mucha and somebody drew the fields of science, personfied, in mucha style

seeeeeeeeeeeeee here it is

also update on the draw the sqaud thing- i dont wanna do it anymore

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

SugaAndSpice

• Scout
  • just a gourd on the internet
  • Preferred pronouns: ALL THE PRONOUNS. He/him/his is always a safe bet though!
« Reply #9033 on: August 05, 2015, 01:12:01 AM »
they have zodiacs for everything nowadays
Mine said that I was a social butterfly
That...That is
Just
Beyond wrong
That is completely Hahahahhahaha
Nope
This is how I format things now
It expresses Me
But yeah no not a Social butterfly
My friend knows a lot of people who are not good at socialness, but
Apparently
I am the most socially awkward
And I take no offense
Should I have put that in a spoiler because it is so long? I won't do that sorry
I say vol, you say tron! Vol!
…Voltron?

Wolfram

« Reply #9034 on: August 05, 2015, 05:03:20 AM »
I don't remember exactly but someone mentioned giant toblerone in duty free stores earlier in this thread, I just wanted to say that I bought two of them because why not

Native: ....:france:
Understand: :uk:
Learning: ..:poland:

:chap7: newbie

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #9035 on: August 05, 2015, 07:16:10 AM »
Time to go canoeing for the first time. (If I don't come back, you'll know...)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #9036 on: August 05, 2015, 08:08:32 AM »
haha i just wanted to say that a lot of people here seem to like Alphonse Mucha and somebody drew the fields of science, personfied, in mucha style

NICE FIND those are amazing
and there are more of them!!! eeeee

I don't remember exactly but someone mentioned giant toblerone in duty free stores earlier in this thread, I just wanted to say that I bought two of them because why not
as an airport ruler i approve of your life choices

have fun!!!

I think today will be my last trip to the centrum of Prague for the summer. Will probably do some last attempts at shopping (sketchbooks!!), last attempts at sightseeing, and going to yet another celtic music concert (Bran!) because that's what I do.
SIGHS
I'll be leaving the hotel on saturday to go somewhere with my family, and going back to Norway on tuesday. It will be... very strange. Of all the time I've been a member on this forum, almost half of it will have been spent here in Czech actually.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 01:25:08 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #9037 on: August 05, 2015, 09:09:06 AM »
These are wonderful!

Good luck! Don't die!

I'll be leaving the hotel on saturday to go somewhere with my family, and going back to Norway on tuesday. It will be... very strange. Of all the time I've been a member on this forum, almost half of it will have been spent here in Czech actually.
I know I've said this before but I do sometimes forget you don't actually live there full time! "Haiz = Prague" is a thing in my mental rolodex now.
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #9038 on: August 05, 2015, 10:20:20 AM »
as an airport rules i approve of your life choices

Enjoy it while it lasts, it's been only salt water, soaked (but still somehow dry like desert sand) ship's biscuits and medicine-like rum here in the Admirality.

Today's (or rather tonight's) life experience: sleeping on a train is like sleeping on a rack next to a noisy microwave.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #9039 on: August 05, 2015, 10:21:10 AM »

Awesome! Chemistry is my favourite.

...you're busy crossing the Atlantic with a canoe. Got it. (Have fun!)

Meanwhile I'm approaching a Very Pressing Issue concerning my fingernails. I hate cutting them. Something about the feeling of clipping them, couldn't really explain what, is very uncomfortable. Sadly I also can't stand having long fingernails and in my case long means past my fingertips... I've always kept my nails trimmed short so I don't function well if I can feel them f.ex. touching the keyboard before my actual fingers do. Therefore my whole life is kind of divided between hating the feeling of having too long nails and hating the feeling of cutting them, with occasional moments of peace right after they're trimmed and I don't have to worry about them for a while. :P
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Eriaror

• Ilmarinen
  • Scout
  • Intermediate apprentice of webpage wizardry
« Reply #9040 on: August 05, 2015, 11:08:49 AM »
Have fun! You reminded me my family's canoe trips on the Öreg-Túr. :)

Also the part that last time ours was the only canoe from the group that didn't turn over. (for the other canoes one can mostly blame the significant amount of pálinka that got involved...)
Native :hungary: | Fluent :uk: | Fading :germany:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #9041 on: August 05, 2015, 11:22:32 AM »

I love canoeing! It's so much fun and so peaceful! I hope you enjoy it!

I also can't stand having long fingernails and in my case long means past my fingertips... I've always kept my nails trimmed short so I don't function well if I can feel them f.ex. touching the keyboard before my actual fingers do.

I hate having long fingernails as well. This actually works out quite well for me because violists are not allowed to have long fingernails because it makes playing the insturment difficult (random fun fact of the day).
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #9042 on: August 05, 2015, 11:25:30 AM »
I love canoeing! It's so much fun and so peaceful!

Pffft, yeah, right. I imagine it is if you manage to stay in the canoe.
(There's a reason I've only ever been canoeing once.)
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #9043 on: August 05, 2015, 11:32:09 AM »
Pffft, yeah, right. I imagine it is if you manage to stay in the canoe.
(There's a reason I've only ever been canoeing once.)

What were you doing in the canoe? They are not made for dance parties you know ;)

I will admit, the first few minutes of learning how to steer were a bit frustrating, but after we stopped going in circles it was a lot of fun.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #9044 on: August 05, 2015, 12:14:25 PM »
I like canoeing very much, too - but it depends a lot on the people you're doing it with. You're much more likely to end in the water if your companions think that's funny... and my last canoeing trip seemed to go on for ages because the others were paddling so slow that it wasn't fun any more.

What's also not fun: my stupid flu/whatever infection this is.
Spoiler: rant about being ill - Im really annoyed but not annoyed enough to go to the Comfort Corner... • show
I hate being ill during summer. Furthermore, my body seems to play some kind of "let's develop new syptoms each day" game. Yesterday it was sharp earache, tonight it was nasty coughing fits that led to insomnia... I'm not keen to find out what comes next. And I want to be able to work again tomorrow, and I want to be able to go to a music festival on Friday and to my parents' silver wedding on Saturday.
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat: