Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387595 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #8715 on: July 28, 2015, 12:29:01 PM »
Welcome to adulthood! :D
Anyway, I'm sure you'll be fine. my last two summers were spent in grad school, so it was classes/papers, and working, and volunteering, so I don't know if I can speak on the subject, but just... try to find fun when you can? And don't be afraid to just, take a mental health day and not do anything at all, or whatever makes you feel better.
I was going to write a reply but i just remembered The Future is one of the things I can't discuss without starting to cry, haha woops

guess i'm just feeling really tired from work. I like working in the kitchen but starting at 7am does not align with my awful sleeping shcedule
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 12:30:45 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #8716 on: July 28, 2015, 12:37:57 PM »
Yeah this summer is going really fast. I have to go home and go through my stuff to decide what is moving with me. I also have to think about things like fridges and microwaves and washing machines for the first time ever whaaaaaat
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #8717 on: July 28, 2015, 03:08:56 PM »
Yes, the future can be very scary indeed. I have had many a nervous breakdown thinking about where my life is going, or if the choices I've made so far will help me succeed. It took me so long to figure out what major I even wanted to take in college (graphic design, in case you're curious) and now I have to decide what to do with that major. I know there are jobs out there, I'm just worried about finding one. But it helps to just live day by day and enjoy the little things. I think this forum helps   :)
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Asterales

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #8718 on: July 28, 2015, 04:54:41 PM »
Yes, the future can be very scary indeed. I have had many a nervous breakdown thinking about where my life is going, or if the choices I've made so far will help me succeed. It took me so long to figure out what major I even wanted to take in college (graphic design, in case you're curious) and now I have to decide what to do with that major. I know there are jobs out there, I'm just worried about finding one. But it helps to just live day by day and enjoy the little things. I think this forum helps   :)

So, so true!
All that thinking, all that time wasted with planning and worrying, all that energy that just goes phut with a sigh...
and in the end it will turn out completely different anyway.
I have given up on planning and worrying - there are truly better ways to use my time and energy! Makes life easier, too. Plans that don't exist cannot fail. Loose outlines are enough!

The little thing I enjoyed most today was the fact that I could eat and buy some raisin bread. Just imagine it! The beauty of walking into a shop and buying delicious food. I feel so privileged! I could eat that raisin bread because I wanted to.
I can have butter and fruit and sweets or vegetables or even meat if I want to! I can eat just chocolate for a whole day or eggs or cabbage! No one can stop me. I can walk into the supermarket and just pick whatever the heck I please!
Because all of what I could possibly want is available! Truly, I am privileged.

And now I feel awesome and fuzzily warm inside, just because of some raisin bread  ;D
Native :germany:
Pretty alright :uk:
Not used for longer than learned :spain: :france:
Getting better :japan:
Rather awful :china:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #8719 on: July 28, 2015, 05:05:20 PM »
And now I feel awesome and fuzzily warm inside, just because of some raisin bread  ;D

Mmmm, raisin bread. Lightly toasted, with a pat of butter melting atop it. Sorry, I think I need to head to the grocery store now  ;)

Every once in a while, my neighbor makes her own bread, and she always invites us over to have a slice (or sometimes a whole loaf!). It has a bunch of seeds and salts on the top that make it absolutely delicious!
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #8720 on: July 28, 2015, 05:05:46 PM »
The little thing I enjoyed most today was the fact that I could eat and buy some raisin bread. Just imagine it! The beauty of walking into a shop and buying delicious food. I feel so privileged! I could eat that raisin bread because I wanted to.
I can have butter and fruit and sweets or vegetables or even meat if I want to! I can eat just chocolate for a whole day or eggs or cabbage! No one can stop me. I can walk into the supermarket and just pick whatever the heck I please!
Because all of what I could possibly want is available! Truly, I am privileged.

Wow, that was the most adorably simple thing I have read all day. Makes me really appreciate life!
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #8721 on: July 28, 2015, 05:20:57 PM »
I ventured outside to cry over Inside Out instead of the stressful future, and

- on the bus there was a guy with his face completely covered with his fringe. I mean there's one thing to have your eyes covered with hair like an anime character but this was just bizarre. there was an anime guy with just his eyes covered by fringe, too - he was sitting on the same row but at the opposite side of the bus, facing the other direction. I had no idea there were people who wear their hair like this in real life. Everything about this was very bizarre.

- the movie was actually really good. I didn't like the trailer at all and was thinking maybe I wouldn't go see it, but since everyone who has seen it has been recommending it I did. And I'm glad I did. I can also see why people would associate me with Joy, heh.

- when the movie was over, the mall was closed and I went out a different exit than usually and it was dark outside and I almost couldn't find the bus stop and it was scary

ok that's all goodnight

Asterales

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #8722 on: July 28, 2015, 05:24:06 PM »
Every once in a while, my neighbor makes her own bread, and she always invites us over to have a slice (or sometimes a whole loaf!). It has a bunch of seeds and salts on the top that make it absolutely delicious!

Those neighbours are the best, aren't they? That bread sounds delicious...
A few days ago, one of ours brought some sour cherries, the absolute best for jam!

Wow, that was the most adorably simple thing I have read all day. Makes me really appreciate life!

Food is amazing - and can totally send me into a blissful frenzy.  ;)  I am also  really glad I could share some of this feeling before heading off to bed... I am sure this will mace for some very pleasant dreams. Hope you will have a pleasant day or dreams as well, wherever you are!  :)
Native :germany:
Pretty alright :uk:
Not used for longer than learned :spain: :france:
Getting better :japan:
Rather awful :china:

Sc0ut

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #8723 on: July 28, 2015, 05:34:03 PM »
- on the bus there was a guy with his face completely covered with his fringe. I mean there's one thing to have your eyes covered with hair like an anime character but this was just bizarre. there was an anime guy with just his eyes covered by fringe, too - he was sitting on the same row but at the opposite side of the bus, facing the other direction. I had no idea there were people who wear their hair like this in real life. Everything about this was very bizarre.

I never expected to see The Haiz calling someone's appearance bizarre, just saying :D

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #8724 on: July 28, 2015, 05:39:12 PM »
I never expected to see The Haiz calling someone's appearance bizarre, just saying :D
they looked like fake people, y'know? like, fictional or something. I'm trying to look fictional too so I take mental note of everyone that does

also:

I'm not sure if it looks like me or not

Mélusine

« Reply #8725 on: July 28, 2015, 05:52:56 PM »
Huuuuuuu... *Serious lack of sleep. Will fall in a bed in something like two minutes*

I see what some persons could have seen :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #8726 on: July 28, 2015, 10:44:51 PM »
they looked like fake people, y'know? like, fictional or something. I'm trying to look fictional too so I take mental note of everyone that does

also:

I can totally see the Haiz as Joy.

If you're ever doing an "Inside Out" cosplay and want a partner, I'll do Sadness.  I'm all too familiar with the "I never want to get off the floor" feeling.  (OK, sometimes it's the "never get out of bed/this chair" feeling, but same-o same-o.)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #8727 on: July 28, 2015, 10:50:52 PM »

also:

I can see it! All you need is some blue hair dye and a spring green dress, and you could pull it off!

If you're ever doing an "Inside Out" cosplay and want a partner, I'll do Sadness.  I'm all too familiar with the "I never want to get off the floor" feeling.  (OK, sometimes it's the "never get out of bed/this chair" feeling, but same-o same-o.)

You and me both  :P If I didn't have to go get food, I could spend days in my room alone.
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #8728 on: July 28, 2015, 10:51:47 PM »
also:

COSPLAY
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Eriaror

• Ilmarinen
  • Scout
  • Intermediate apprentice of webpage wizardry
« Reply #8729 on: July 29, 2015, 07:29:50 AM »
*catches up with this thread*
*people talking about Inside Out*
Aaaw yiss.
also:

It totally does. :D

I've been low-key thinking about starting an Inside Out "Draw your Headquarters" thing in the Forum's Art Museum but it takes weeks for me to finish even the simplest drawings...

Anyways, the main purpose of this post was supposed to be that I'm back from a week of holiday so I can resume my ninja-techsupport and forumtheme-magician duties! :)
Native :hungary: | Fluent :uk: | Fading :germany:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: