Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410579 times)

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #8625 on: July 25, 2015, 04:31:36 AM »
I hope parting with the Icelanders is such sweet sorrow.   :o  (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

Here are Stephen Sondheim's thoughts on the midnight sun of Scandinavia, from "A Little Night Music":

The vespers ring
The nightingale's waiting to sing
The rest of us wait on a string.
Perpetual sunset
Is rather an unset-
Tling thing...

The sun won't set,
It's fruitless to hope or to fret,
It's dark as it's going to get.
The hands on the clock turn
But don't sing a nocturne
Just yet...

Ooohhh A Little Night Music!! I haven't listened to this in forever!!! My friend and I used to be obsessed with musical theatre and this was one of her favourites to play for me :)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #8626 on: July 25, 2015, 09:58:43 AM »
Anyhow, I found it inordinately hilarious, and I drew a picture of it and it's going up on the wall in the frameshop, over the matcutter.
Eheheh. :D Found any colleagues lying below helpless with laughter already? ;)

what the heck are sailors doing in the czech republic
Writing applications to the Swiss Marine? ;)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #8627 on: July 25, 2015, 12:16:04 PM »
Hello, all.

As you may recall, I've set up a new thread on the General Discussion board for non-SSSS cosplay:
https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=578.0

I've moved the messages from this thread relating to Laufey's awesome cosplay convention this week.  I'm sure I've overlooked some, so please feel free to PM me and I'll finish moving them tonight, when I get home. 

Meanwhile, if you've made older postings about non-SSSS cosplay elsewhere on the Forum that you'd like to house in the new thread, you can either: 1) Create a new post, copy your content into it  (and then optionally delete or edit your original post); or 2) PM me and I can move those posts. 

If you have any further questions or requests, don't hesitate to ask.

- Sunflower
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #8628 on: July 25, 2015, 01:22:25 PM »
May I say something completely random but
I'm actually searching persons with Pokemon X / Y and give them my friend code to play with them heh
PM me if you want or something //shrugs and hides in the dark again//
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #8629 on: July 25, 2015, 07:14:49 PM »
Guys! So my friend took me to her aunt's 50th birthday party and I met a guy there named Reynir :D

Also I was chatting with this other guy about some work I'm doing with a professional musician back home with some rediscovering and new arrangements of traditional icelandic music and he was interested in seeing my work and my research and I'm kinda really flattered because most people just pass it off as really strange but he said he actually wants to follow what I'm doing and where I'm gonna go with it.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #8630 on: July 26, 2015, 03:55:38 AM »
Viola: it makes me really happy to read about your iceland adventures and all the good things happening to you!
(did the reynir have a braid)

speaking of me being good at remembering things
mom always calls me to ask what cd's we have from this or that band, or what dvd's we do or don't have...
she was at a celtic music festival in krumlov yesterday (I WANNA TOO ;__;) and suddenly I got a "WHAT CD'S DO WE HAVE FROM THE BAND 'BRAN' also hi how are you"
"yes hi we have the album 'an dielenn' and i'm doing fine i have a friend over from france as i told you about"

maybe my memory has been trained to serve as a catalogue for my mother's whims over the years and that's why it works
you'll know where to find me.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #8631 on: July 26, 2015, 05:48:11 AM »
Viola: it makes me really happy to read about your iceland adventures and all the good things happening to you!
(did the reynir have a braid)

speaking of me being good at remembering things
mom always calls me to ask what cd's we have from this or that band, or what dvd's we do or don't have...
she was at a celtic music festival in krumlov yesterday (I WANNA TOO ;__;) and suddenly I got a "WHAT CD'S DO WE HAVE FROM THE BAND 'BRAN' also hi how are you"
"yes hi we have the album 'an dielenn' and i'm doing fine i have a friend over from france as i told you about"

maybe my memory has been trained to serve as a catalogue for my mother's whims over the years and that's why it works

Thank you! I enjoy reading about your adventures too! :)

No Reynir did not have a braid :/

My mom uses me as a music catalog as well. Basically it works like if she hears a song and she doesn't know what it is she'll either sing a bit or have someone else do it and I'm just like oh that's so and so by so and so. This happens all the time, especially with classical music and traditional folk songs :P

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #8632 on: July 26, 2015, 01:20:45 PM »
Ok I know I'm double posting but this needs to be said.

HAIZ WE JUST PICKED UP HITCHHIKERS AND THEY'RE FROM THE CEZCH REPUBLIC!!!!

We're taking them to Geysir and we're going to hang out with them for the evening :D

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #8633 on: July 26, 2015, 01:24:30 PM »

We're taking them to Geysir and we're going to hang out with them for the evening :D
AWESOME TELL THEM AHOJ

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #8634 on: July 26, 2015, 01:29:01 PM »
AWESOME TELL THEM AHOJ

OK! How do you pronounce that?

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #8635 on: July 26, 2015, 01:31:49 PM »

o___o I know Iceland is a pretty safe country, but is it wise to pick up hitch-hikers?
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #8636 on: July 26, 2015, 01:42:10 PM »
OK! How do you pronounce that?
uuuuuh like "ahoy" i guess? I forgot english speakers do weird things to their Js

o___o I know Iceland is a pretty safe country, but is it wise to pick up hitch-hikers?
my mother almost always pick up hitch-hikers because she used to hitch-hike all over europe herself

also, if czechs found their way to iceland I doubt they are dangerous. 1) iceland is HELLA EXPENSIVE for czechs, and 2) czech travely/hikery people are always super nice ok
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 01:47:15 PM by Haiz »

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #8637 on: July 26, 2015, 02:02:12 PM »
uuuuuh like "ahoy" i guess? I forgot english speakers do weird things to their Js

Yeah it just so happens that all three of the languages I speak have a different pronunciation for "J" :P

As for picking up hitchhikers, well we're all adults and we felt like having an adventure. They haven't tried to kill us yet. We're all at Geysir now.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #8638 on: July 26, 2015, 02:05:47 PM »
Yeah it just so happens that all three of the languages I speak have a different pronunciation for "J" :P

As for picking up hitchhikers, well we're all adults and we felt like having an adventure. They haven't tried to kill us yet. We're all at Geysir now.

Is Geysir the original geyser?  What do you do there?
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #8639 on: July 26, 2015, 02:10:13 PM »
Is Geysir the original geyser?  What do you do there?

Yes it is! There are several geysers here and some of them explode. So you just stand and wait for them to explode. I took pictures and a video but like with my Esja pictures I have to wait until I get a computer to post the photo urls here (my computer died). I'll do a photo dump soon I promise.