Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2411614 times)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #690 on: October 23, 2014, 11:31:42 AM »
But yeah, insects don't bother me.

Ticks though? I know every species on this earth has intrinsic value and should be treasured, but if ticks were to die out I would honestly feel a little bit relieved.

potatobunny

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #691 on: October 23, 2014, 12:02:00 PM »
Ticks though? I know every species on this earth has intrinsic value and should be treasured, but if ticks were to die out I would honestly feel a little bit relieved.

Ticks, ugh. Face mites and head lice are no charmers either, and if you want to talk actually-dangerous-and-not-merely-squicky*, mosquitos have managed a very high human kill count.  :-\

*I acknowledge that whatever I hear about Lyme disease sounds pretty awful, I'm not intending a Kanye moment.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 12:04:29 PM by potatobunny »

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #692 on: October 23, 2014, 02:06:46 PM »

Insects don't usually bother me. Parasites are disgusting no matter what kind of animal they are.
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

noako

• Safe-Zone Citizen
Re: Re: Discoveries made with Indiegogo
« Reply #693 on: October 23, 2014, 02:52:35 PM »
Umh. Actually, back with the aRTD print drive, she stated out loud that Kickstarter wouldn't accept US$-based campaigns from elsewhere but the U.S. and UK.

Kickstarted changed that.   But it seems paypal isn't the only reason Minna chose Indiegogo, if she doesn't like to use swedish kronor. But who knows, next print drive is so far away yet...

« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 02:57:16 PM by noako »

Raya

« Reply #694 on: October 23, 2014, 03:57:59 PM »
Alright, so which of you is the /co/mrade who was copypastan onto /co/?

Not that I mind, it was just a bit of a surprise to go on and see forum stuff there ;D

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #695 on: October 23, 2014, 04:44:41 PM »

Not that I mind, it was just a bit of a surprise to go on and see forum stuff there ;D

Forum stuff on 4chan? ... What kind of forum stuff?

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #696 on: October 23, 2014, 04:52:54 PM »

....what is /co/?  ???
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #697 on: October 23, 2014, 05:00:25 PM »
....what is /co/?  ???

A den of mostly nice people (a board) in a country inhabited by a large segment of anarchic cutthroats, scumbags and lowlifes (a site called 4chan).

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #698 on: October 23, 2014, 05:18:14 PM »
A den of mostly nice people (a board) in a country inhabited by a large segment of anarchic cutthroats, scumbags and lowlifes (a site called 4chan).
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Okie dokey.
That's a weird mystery! I know that out there somewhere is another SSSS rpg board....but that's not this forum.. Hmmm mysterious...

Hrollo

• Ranger
« Reply #699 on: October 23, 2014, 05:36:32 PM »
What was copypasted?
Fluent: :fr: :gb:
Some knowledge: :it:
Attempting to learn again: :de:
Passive familiarity: :es: :br: :ad: :ro:

Headfinder

« Reply #700 on: October 23, 2014, 06:33:18 PM »

Wait what? How comes I never catch these threads?
*Checks on foolz archive*

Huh, they posted your stuff on Britain.

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #701 on: October 23, 2014, 09:41:16 PM »
(and sorry for forgetting to put you on the list).

Uhhh.... What list are we talking about? (Do we even want to be on it.)

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #702 on: October 23, 2014, 10:12:13 PM »
Uhhh.... What list are we talking about? (Do we even want to be on it.)

It was a 'born in the 90's' list, don't worry XD

Agggh so I had a weird morning.

I walked across the city to the art shop to buy a pen, and I only had card-money so I decided to stock up on some colored clay to bulk up the price- and for the first time ever, there was black! But only one! Haha I grabbed that clay so fast X'D maybe I'll make some weird tiny Team figures hehehe~ Which isn't too weird, but then I went to the fabric shop, because the art shop had no canvas (?!?!) so I had to buy actual fabric.
The shop was SWARMING with weird middle aged and old people, moseying around buying Xmas pillow covers, but I ninja'd around them and got my one single piece of cloth (+$16 D8) and then had to wait in line for 40 minutes. Aaaaagh. The end of the line was in the weird fabric section, so I spent my time back there hypothetically choosing SSSS cosplay supplies :P which was fun.
Things weren't really weird yet, but, as I was exiting the store....I was nearly run over by a red-light-running ex HEARSE. O_______O
And I was so shocked and confused that I then proceeded to zombie walk down a completely different street and promptly got lost. Hmmm.

H-h-how is everyone else's day? I think I need emergency icecream....

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #703 on: October 23, 2014, 10:31:44 PM »
Well, my day didn't consist of nearly coincidental death... but the first 9 hours were looooong.  I'm taking tomorrow as a vacation day, so I was going to leave work and travel back home today.   Work just dragged on forever.  But, now I'm home, and my other sister flew in from the middle of the country to see our newest family member, so all of us siblings are back together again, and that's really nice.  :)  3 day weekend!

Also, did anyone ever fight with their siblings?  Apparently, none of us ever fought, growing up...
Feel free to PM.

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #704 on: October 23, 2014, 10:34:55 PM »
It was a 'born in the 90's' list, don't worry XD
I- I think I was born in the 90s? I'm not really sure.

H-h-how is everyone else's day? I think I need emergency icecream....
My day was great. We were driving home earlier and it was so cool. There was the most vibrant double rainbow I've ever seen against a backdrop of dark, gray clouds. Then in the other direction the sky was almost completely clear with only a few whispy white clouds and the sun was shining brightly but there was driving rain falling at a sharp angle due to the wind. All this was accompanied by flashes of lightning and though I find lightning terrifying it was all so beautiful and surreal and I felt as if the entire world was composed of happiness.

Now I'm about to eat dinner and I think I'm catching a cold.

Also, did anyone ever fight with their siblings?  Apparently, none of us ever fought, growing up...
My siblings and I unfortunately fight quite a lot. It's to the point where we might be genuinely joking around and enjoying each other's company but our parents will think we're fighting and make us stop.