Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2409416 times)

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #8325 on: July 18, 2015, 05:54:35 AM »
Today my friends are taking me to a party with Páll Óskar. He's a singer who is pretty famous here. Then we're going camping for a few days in the north. I don't know how active I'll be because I don't know if I'll have internet or a charged phone, so I could be gone all weekend. Ohmygod a few days without the forum *hyperventilates*

So I guess if there is no internet I'll just tell you all about it when I get back. And anyone doing art trades with me, if you post something, PM me so I don't miss it! I would hate for that to happen. (This also goes for anything anyone wants me to see for the next few days)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Mélusine

« Reply #8326 on: July 18, 2015, 05:59:23 AM »
Ohmygod a few days without the forum *hyperventilates*
*Coughs* I assume you wanted to say "Ohmygod a few days without the forum BUT IN ICELAND !" :) (Me, envious ?)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #8327 on: July 18, 2015, 06:05:50 AM »
*Coughs* I assume you wanted to say "Ohmygod a few days without the forum BUT IN ICELAND !" :) (Me, envious ?)

YES! (That's why I crossed it out. I actually find myself forgetting about the forum and ssss while I'm here. That's why I didn't get an airport a few days ago)

We're going to see sheep and I'm going to put my toes in the arctic ocean (because I'm crazy) and we're going to see pretty landscapes and other wonderful things!

I am very excited to see the north. I promise a photo dump when I get back. I should also post the pictures of Icelandic horses I took yesterday at some point....
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Mélusine

« Reply #8328 on: July 18, 2015, 06:13:53 AM »
and I'm going to put my toes in the arctic ocean (because I'm crazy)
No, no, it's just what the ocean do to people ::) I have a photo of a day we went to the sea with my brothers and sister (= the Atlantic ocean) because we were close for a family event : we are only two, the feets in the waves, with scarves and winter coats. BUT we had to, do you understand ? ^^ (Yes, it was cold.)

I promise a photo dump when I get back.
I hope so ! :D
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 06:21:26 AM by Mélusine »
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #8329 on: July 18, 2015, 06:23:52 AM »
Aaaa, I hope you have a nice time, Viola!

I'M FINALLY DONE WITH UTENSIL HELL and can start my weekend - to be honest I would've probably just slept to 12 today anyway if I didn't have work, so I'm not missing out on anything except precious rem cycles. But I was all alone on polishing duty almost the entire time and it went so slow and it was so discouraging to see three more crates waiting for me... The only reason I survived was one of the kitchen gals noticing me eyeing the wagon with leftover pastries, and gave me one. She smuggled me some bits of klobasa, too.

I have no idea what I'm doing next week but I'm praying to the hotel gods for anything other than this
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 06:25:47 AM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #8330 on: July 18, 2015, 06:36:43 AM »
No, no, it's just what the ocean do to people ::) I have a photo of a day we went to the sea with my brothers and sister (= the Atlantic ocean) because we were close for a family event : we are only two, the feets in the waves, with scarves and winter coats. BUT we had to, do you understand ? ^^ (Yes, it was cold.)

I have put my toes in every ocean except the arctic ocean. I need to add it to my collection.

The only reason I survived was one of the kitchen gals noticing me eyeing the wagon with leftover pastries, and gave me one. She smuggled me some bits of klobasa, too.

Mmmmm I love klobasa. You're making me hungry. Maybe I should go eat breakfast?

While I'm eating I'll check and see if I have any extra sacrifices I can use on the hotel gods for you Haiz :)

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #8331 on: July 18, 2015, 06:48:20 AM »
This isn't related to anyone, but I just found this DVD in a shed and I've never been so excited about rewatching a film in my life, haven't seen it since I was about 10.

Mélusine

« Reply #8332 on: July 18, 2015, 07:01:32 AM »
I have put my toes in every ocean except the arctic ocean. I need to add it to my collection.
*Nods* Very valuable reason.

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #8333 on: July 18, 2015, 08:32:30 AM »
;D   My high school science club went to the Space Center at Cape Kennedy over our spring break in March.  It wasn't significantly warmer than our land-locked home town, but it was  "Sunny Florida".  So of course we all put on swim wear, ran into the chilly ocean despite the cold stiff breeze, and promptly ran shivering back to our rooms.  Because, ocean.  ;D
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #8334 on: July 18, 2015, 08:47:20 AM »
Today my friends are taking me to a party with Páll Óskar.

Hey now you can't just name the man and leave it at that - forum behold:

And of course my own favourite Gordjöss (good luck trying to follow the lyrics in the chorus part).

ANYWAY main point is HAVE A GREAT TIME TRAVELING ICELAND!
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

starfallz

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #8335 on: July 18, 2015, 09:02:44 AM »
We're going to see sheep and I'm going to put my toes in the arctic ocean (because I'm crazy) and we're going to see pretty landscapes and other wonderful things!

I am very excited to see the north. I promise a photo dump when I get back. I should also post the pictures of Icelandic horses I took yesterday at some point....

I'm sorry, but SHEEP and HORSES! *gets a little excited*
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #8336 on: July 18, 2015, 10:15:56 AM »
So we're at this diner in the middle of nowhere and there's this huge viking motorcycle gang here  :o

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #8337 on: July 18, 2015, 10:35:44 AM »
hahahhaha my former PE-teacher has been looking at my art page on facebook (along with my former art teacher, apparently? don't you guys have vacation) and sent me a message asking if he could buy some originals. SCORE

also since my art page is 90% ssss fanart right now it's just very funny. "the lady in white unform" sure but WHICH ONE
you'll know where to find me.

Mélusine

« Reply #8338 on: July 18, 2015, 10:44:45 AM »
After several days with always several persons here, my last housemate left for vacations and I have the house for myself : FREEDOM ! :D

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #8339 on: July 18, 2015, 10:53:23 AM »
After several days with always several persons here, my last housemate left for vacations and I have the house for myself : FREEDOM ! :D

hahahhaha my former PE-teacher has been looking at my art page on facebook (along with my former art teacher, apparently? don't you guys have vacation) and sent me a message asking if he could buy some originals. SCORE

Wooohoo for both of you! :D
This is awesome news