Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2388006 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #7545 on: June 26, 2015, 06:10:08 AM »
"I don't think I'll be very active"
failed step one

edit: i just checked the forum stats and woops i have the exact same number of posts as nimphy right now
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 06:12:19 AM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #7546 on: June 26, 2015, 06:17:00 AM »
failed step one

edit: i just checked the forum stats and woops i have the exact same number of posts as nimphy right now

I'm not surprised, we've already graphed that you're scheduled to pass Fimby in less than 3 months :P
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #7547 on: June 26, 2015, 06:22:02 AM »
I'm not surprised, we've already graphed that you're scheduled to pass Fimby in less than 3 months :P
WHAT KIND OF DÄLAHESTEN TRAINWRECK HAS MY LIFE BECOME

oh oh oh and does anyone want postcards from prague!! if you're comfortable with PM'ing me your address, I'll be sending postcaarddssssss!!! maybe with tiny drawings on them

ok that's enough of using my hotel room as an unofficial break room, I know it's lunch time but iiiiit's time to go back to inspecting rooms. and leaving my phone here. yes. productivity, GO

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #7548 on: June 26, 2015, 06:26:21 AM »
Quote from: Haiz
oh oh oh and does anyone want postcards from prague!!
That sounds like an offer I cannot resist... :D
And also I wanted to post on page 500  :P
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

Mélusine

« Reply #7549 on: June 26, 2015, 06:42:00 AM »
oh oh oh and does anyone want postcards from prague!!
Someone speaking about postcards ? :D
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #7550 on: June 26, 2015, 06:47:08 AM »
Because I can't help it: Ð AND Þ SHAPED CONFETTI FOR PAGE 500!!!!

ð    þþþ   ðð            þ  þ þ ð
  þ      ð        ððð    þþ        þ
      ð ðð þþ         ð      þ þ
    ðð    þ  þþ ðð  þ þþ  þ þ 
        þ        ð     ð    þ   
           ð  ð   þ    ð           ð   
     ð       þ        þ
       ð         ð               ðð   
            þ              ð

Also, Haiz I would like a post card but due to moving and stuff I won't have a permanent address until september :/ so if the offer still stands then...
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Russet

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • eaten by the trolls that took over the tropics.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #7551 on: June 26, 2015, 07:09:42 AM »
oh oh oh and does anyone want postcards from prague!! if you're comfortable with PM'ing me your address, I'll be sending postcaarddssssss!!! maybe with tiny drawings on them
Oh, I collect postcards! my address is really obscure and far away though, so probably not, heh. How's Prague?
:artd: | :chap0::chap1::chap2::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10:
Fluent: :uk: :china: :malaysia:
Learning: :japan: :france:

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #7552 on: June 26, 2015, 07:50:37 AM »
(I wonder if this will be on page 500 or 501..hmmmm!)

This isn't really relevant at all, but I thought I should just report that Dolly the cat is chasing mum around the living room going "MnMnMnMrMn!" because she thinks mum still has the cat brush...when it is actually next to the fireplace instead. She's going to be so sad when she realises ;_; But...omg XD
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #7553 on: June 26, 2015, 09:31:23 AM »
20 room inspections later... *flops onto bed*

I'll send a postcard to literally anyone who PM's me an address. don't worry about it being far away or anything, postcards are cheap to send and I love sending real life mail-stuffs to people okay. I guess you can also make requests for Tiny Drawing??

Viola: ... If you don't have an address before august, I can send you one from Norway?

Russet: Prague's huge and scary and full of people but also pretty. you know, normal tourist city stuff. And I collect postcards too! in a way. I tack them onto my closet wall and they fall off every once in a while. One of my favourites is from a friend I made at a czech summer camp because she didn't know how much it'd cost to send it to Norway, so half the card is filled with 30-koruna stamps.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #7554 on: June 26, 2015, 09:39:03 AM »
I'll send a postcard to literally anyone who PM's me an address. don't worry about it being far away or anything, postcards are cheap to send and I love sending real life mail-stuffs to people okay. I guess you can also make requests for Tiny Drawing??

I'm already on the Haiz postcard list but the mail just arrived and in it was a postcard from Prague. For a quick moment I was like wow, fast  but then I realized there was no way a card would arrive from Prague to Reykjavík in a few hours' time. It has a picture of that awesome clock on it though.

I'm also advertising possible postcard sending, if you feel ok with it just PM me your addy and I'll add you to the list! :)
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #7555 on: June 26, 2015, 09:43:14 AM »
Viola: ... If you don't have an address before august, I can send you one from Norway?

Norway is cool too! Really anywhere is fine with me. I was just telling Laufey about how I'm basically not going to have a real address until September because right now I'm pretty much living in a different country each month (Japan, Iceland, USA, Canada). But in September I will have my new residence with my very own mail box that will be mine and no one else's (squee) and you can send me something there. I just have to find out what it is first. :P

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #7556 on: June 26, 2015, 09:47:29 AM »

ME!!!

And now I had this idea: maybe we could all send postcards to each other? I mean, maybe even create a thread for that? So people could ask for postcards from different parts of the world? I love postcards... Or maybe this is stupid. I don't know.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #7557 on: June 26, 2015, 09:54:55 AM »
I'm already on the Haiz postcard list but the mail just arrived and in it was a postcard from Prague. For a quick moment I was like wow, fast  but then I realized there was no way a card would arrive from Prague to Reykjavík in a few hours' time. It has a picture of that awesome clock on it though.
whaaaaaaat, I haven't even had the opportunity to write anyone's addresses down in my notebook, let alone go and get cards, and nevermind post them... unless I really am a time traveler (which would explain the weird gifts I kept getting in the mail some years ago)
... I've been noted to find you a card with something other than the orloj clock.

And now I had this idea: maybe we could all send postcards to each other? I mean, maybe even create a thread for that? So people could ask for postcards from different parts of the world? I love postcards... Or maybe this is stupid. I don't know.
that's a pretty cool idea actually?? We all live at such different places, getting cards from all over the world would be super fun for those who are okay with sharing their address with internet strangers!!

Russet

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • eaten by the trolls that took over the tropics.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #7558 on: June 26, 2015, 09:55:27 AM »
Russet: Prague's huge and scary and full of people but also pretty. you know, normal tourist city stuff. And I collect postcards too! in a way. I tack them onto my closet wall and they fall off every once in a while. One of my favourites is from a friend I made at a czech summer camp because she didn't know how much it'd cost to send it to Norway, so half the card is filled with 30-koruna stamps.

Eeh that sounds like a really beautiful place to be, actually. I keep my postcards in a box and sometimes stick them in a scrapbook that I keep forgetting to maintain. I have a very unattainable goal of having postcards from every country, haha. & if it costs that much to send a postcard from Prague to Norway I really don't think you should be sending postcards to Malaysia any time soon.

& the postcard exchange thing sounds amazing except in my state we only have one central post office that's half an hour away by car and there aren't any other places that you can actually send things from, everyone has to go to the central post office. D:
It would've been so fun to participate in too, hmph.
:artd: | :chap0::chap1::chap2::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10:
Fluent: :uk: :china: :malaysia:
Learning: :japan: :france:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #7559 on: June 26, 2015, 09:59:25 AM »
& if it costs that much to send a postcard from Prague to Norway I really don't think you should be sending postcards to Malaysia any time soon.
ahahaha it does NOT cost that much to send a postcard to Norway, that's why it's so cute. My guess is that it probably only costs 12 koruna or something? I'm not sure but definitely not more than a single 30 koruna stamp. and even then 30 koruna is only 10 norwegian kroner, anyway. Czech, for me at least, is super affordable