Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387372 times)

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #7485 on: June 25, 2015, 11:27:53 AM »
To experience the ultimate crash (for whatever reason) keep yourself awake for three days using the magical combination of amphetamines, cigarettes and energy drinks.  By the end you shall reach the ultimate state of apathy where nothing but rest matters, but at least your work is done.

Hmm... I'll have to pass, thanks.

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #7486 on: June 25, 2015, 11:32:25 AM »
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #7487 on: June 25, 2015, 12:38:39 PM »
I did the pottermore thing
and then I got gryffindor
how
hOW
i'm not even that brave hOW
i wanted the snake house
If it's any help, my name is a homonym for "Gryff" and I ended up in Hufflepuff.
Hufflepuff.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #7488 on: June 25, 2015, 12:44:31 PM »
If it's any help, my name is a homonym for "Gryff" and I ended up in Hufflepuff.
Hufflepuff.

I ended up in Ravenclaw, which is everything considered probably the biggest joke ever. Hufflepuff, that's my house.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #7489 on: June 25, 2015, 12:48:17 PM »
I tried pottermore two or three years ago but quit when i got gryffindor. I would've accepted ravenclaw or hufflepuff, like, a FIFTY PERCENT CHANCE OF SUCCESS HERE,, and yet

I tracked down this thingie just to find out myself just for the heck of it. The hat won't tell me though (perhaps it needs some violent tumble-drying to be motivated)?

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #7490 on: June 25, 2015, 01:07:33 PM »
I tracked down this thingie just to find out myself just for the heck of it. The hat won't tell me though (perhaps it needs some violent tumble-drying to be motivated)?

Kind of yes, you have to sign up for Pottermore first, and it depends entirely on whether you're a HP fan or not if I'm going to recommend that. If my memory serves you can't even get sorted to your house straight away in any case (there was some other stuff you had to do first)...

Also what's that user image. What.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #7491 on: June 25, 2015, 01:11:14 PM »
I didn't want to sign up for Pottermore, so I just did another sorting hat test and ended up in Hufflepuff. It was a little disappointing at the beginning (I really wanted Ravenclaw), but now I can see why it sorted me that way, and it makes total sense.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
« Reply #7492 on: June 25, 2015, 01:15:31 PM »
I didn't want to sign up for Pottermore, so I just did another sorting hat test and ended up in Hufflepuff. It was a little disappointing at the beginning (I really wanted Ravenclaw), but now I can see why it sorted me that way, and it makes total sense.

Somebody should sort the SSSS crew.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #7493 on: June 25, 2015, 01:17:54 PM »
Somebody should sort the SSSS crew.

I believe someone already did? It must be lost somewhere in the Art Museum. If I remember well, Lalli was Ravenclaw, Emil was Hufflepuff, Sigrun was Griffindor and Tuuri was Slytherin. Mikkel and Reynir weren't sorted at that time.

(You're a ranger now!! Congrats! ;D)
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
« Reply #7494 on: June 25, 2015, 01:23:16 PM »
I believe someone already did? It must be lost somewhere in the Art Museum. If I remember well, Lalli was Ravenclaw, Emil was Hufflepuff, Sigrun was Griffindor and Tuuri was Slytherin. Mikkel and Reynir weren't sorted at that time.

(You're a ranger now!! Congrats! ;D)

One [fill in the blank] one ranger.
John Steinbeck

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #7496 on: June 25, 2015, 03:44:51 PM »

Tuuri was Slytherin? How did that happen? Although it makes me feel a little better about my own sorting (also Slytherin).
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #7497 on: June 25, 2015, 04:11:30 PM »
I ended up in Ravenclaw, which is everything considered probably the biggest joke ever. Hufflepuff, that's my house.

I ended up in Hufflepuff, but I still feel I'm Ravenclaw. Stupid Sorting Hat.  :P

Emil is totally Hufflepuff :)
Reynir might be Gryffindor - the late blooming kind, Mikkel... Ravenclaw? But I would put Tuuri in Gryffindor as well.
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #7498 on: June 25, 2015, 04:36:47 PM »
Tuuri was Slytherin? How did that happen? Although it makes me feel a little better about my own sorting (also Slytherin).

Tuuri's super duper ambitious, remember?

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #7499 on: June 25, 2015, 04:43:09 PM »
I HEARD YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT MY ART
because of course it was me

this one

aaaaand the sorting thing was only because a tumblr anon asked me. It was right after Reynir got introduced so I didn't really put him in anything
I’m just gonna go right ahead and assume you mean the SSSS characters, hahaha. Also. I’m, um, not the best at hogwart house placing so uhhhh don’t take it too seriously??

Tuuri - where do you place tuuri. she loves to learn and explore, so ravenclaw seems like the Obvious choice. But she’s also brave and willing to jump right into things, so Gryffindor isn’t a bad option, either! But then………. slytherin tuuri. what if slytherin tuuri. think about it

Lalli -  Ravenclaw.

Emil - okay. emil. I feel like he would have all these expectations of going to Slytherin or Gryffindor or maybe even Ravenclaw because he’s so great and his family is great but then. he ends up in Hufflepuff. BECAUSE HE WOULD. and at first he would be outraged, but then he would just. shrug okay i’ll make the best out of it and then. the most intense hufflepuff pride in hogwarts history

Sigrun -  THE GRYFFINDOREST OF THE GRYFFINDORS

Mikkel - either hufflepuff or ravenclaw? more hufflepuff probably

Reynir - he doesn’t even go to hogwarts. he’s there by accident. he’s Hagrid’s apprentice
(no seriously though, I don’t know him well enough to say for sure yet??? he might be anything)

ravenclaw mikkel and gryffindor reynir sound great tho. again don't take my suggestions too close to heart I don't take hogwart sorting too seriously

anyway, I just saw a dude wearing a kilt on the train. it was cool.
you'll know where to find me.