Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387373 times)

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #7395 on: June 23, 2015, 11:54:44 AM »
more sadder then my normal sadness.

:(

Does it help if I send you some cake? I made one yesterday.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

SugaAndSpice

• Scout
  • just a gourd on the internet
  • Preferred pronouns: ALL THE PRONOUNS. He/him/his is always a safe bet though!
« Reply #7396 on: June 23, 2015, 12:36:04 PM »
Hey guys, how's everyone doin'? :)

Thinking about what a terrible adult I will be. I am completely unable to make a snack for myself, despite the full fridge and freezer, and two snack drawers. Food incompetent, anyone.  :-\
I say vol, you say tron! Vol!
…Voltron?

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #7397 on: June 23, 2015, 12:40:43 PM »
I'm doing pretty well. Parents're at work, sister went with mom, so I've got the house to myself. Which might mean I might do some sort of arts or something, since I have a terrible fear of showing anyone IRL my art, especially WIPs. I don't even know why, I'm fine with showing it to you wonderful people... :P
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #7398 on: June 23, 2015, 12:43:09 PM »
Is this some magic wisdom you've brought back from the outside world? :O (or when you stopped doing the Daily Page Updates and changed to a Weekly/Fortnightly Catch-up for the comic? Because that sounds like a good idea)

I actually agree, not sure how to phrase the "why", but I agree.
I used to be super addicted to the comic and the forum, and then when I took it down a whole lotta notches, I realised how dependant I was and that I didn't really need to be there all the time... (also I remembered that I had friends and responsibilities and stuff <_<) and now I barely remember to log on or even check the comic O__O Like, not completely, but I do for]Gotta fit the forum into ya life, not ya life into the forum?[/size] Gotta be balance and moderation~

Or am I misinterpreting? :I
I mean, I'm happy that people like it here so much, but there's much more to benefit and learn from, outside of here and in the real world.  This kinda goes back to the self discovery talk from last week with Red; I think the internet is one of the worst places to find out who you are.  Good for getting information, not good for puzzling that information out.
(At work, this response took me 5 hours to successfully type out, walking place to place :O)
Feel free to PM.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #7399 on: June 23, 2015, 01:18:04 PM »
I think the internet is one of the worst places to find out who you are.  Good for getting information, not good for puzzling that information out.
Mmmh. Yes and no. Yes it won't be enough to know yourself better and won't replace the real world and all the possibilities outside, but, to my mind, not internet but community might help sometimes :) (And if I don't understand properly what you wanted to say, I apologize...)
I understand Haiz and Feartheviolas on this subject, a place like this forum can be somewhere... something else. And sometimes, a place in which you feel more free to speak or allow you to be yourself than in the real world, for a lot of personal reasons. In an other hand, I agree with you, it would be a mistake to stop at this and not try to live outside too :) Am I clear ? I doubt...
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #7400 on: June 23, 2015, 01:19:08 PM »
Have to make sure you don't get steel and aluminium mixed into the same crucible or you have one big sparkler on your hands.
You know, this gives a totally new meaning to the concept of the "flaming sword" ... Can you imagine a sword being made of thermite, and when the battle goes badly, the wielder activates some primer and WHUUUMF the thing starts dripping white-hot metal on the foes?

(Yes you could potentially light a bottle of it but then you are being careless.)
I note that the guy in the video did leave the containers standing right next to the dishes ...
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #7401 on: June 23, 2015, 01:22:14 PM »
You know, this gives a totally new meaning to the concept of the "flaming sword" ... Can you imagine a sword being made of thermite, and when the battle goes badly, the wielder activates some primer and WHUUUMF the thing starts dripping white-hot metal on the foes?
Hm, I guess the only problem would be making the thing. I mean, if you can't melt them together, how...
I note that the guy in the video did leave the containers standing right next to the dishes ...
Yeah, I thought that was ... an interesting choice.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • my real name is Emil but you can call me Emil
  • Preferred pronouns: *incoherent screaming*
« Reply #7402 on: June 23, 2015, 02:01:17 PM »

I'm hungry!

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #7403 on: June 23, 2015, 02:03:43 PM »
That would be amazing, but what would you do when it melts through the blade?

Viisikielinenkantele

• Scout
  • Sometimes creative
« Reply #7404 on: June 23, 2015, 02:05:16 PM »

Hey...not so good. After an incredibly busy weekend my body decided that a break would be in order and I came down with a nice gastroenteritis. So lots of sleep for me and hopefully tomorrow it will be better.
Native: :germany:
Mostly fluent: :uk: / :usa:
Rusty: :finland:
almost forgotten: :italy:, :estonia:, :vaticancity:
learning: :sweden:

"People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing." (Florence Foster Jenkins)

:chap5: :chap6:  :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #7405 on: June 23, 2015, 02:08:28 PM »
Hey...not so good. After an incredibly busy weekend my body decided that a break would be in order and I came down with a nice gastroenteritis. So lots of sleep for me and hopefully tomorrow it will be better.

Oof, that doesn't sound good. Bed rest sounds like the best idea, and I hope you feel better soon. Don't forget to drink plenty of water!
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #7406 on: June 23, 2015, 02:27:55 PM »

I'm fine, but... my brother just threw up out the car window.

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #7407 on: June 23, 2015, 02:28:15 PM »
Well--
Guess who has a new haircut.
Yes, me.
It looks like Emil's lol
And it looked like Sigrun's but now I modified a bit.
Now I need to dye it. New Red Cloud's hair SOON in movies(?).
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #7408 on: June 23, 2015, 03:07:09 PM »
Hm, I guess the only problem would be making the thing. I mean, if you can't melt them together, how...
There are some special sorts of steel which are described as having been pressed together from powders. I have no idea how much pressure is required for those, though, and I'ld suspect that it's still not quite done at room temperature ...

That would be amazing, but what would you do when it melts through the blade?
Um. Say "ouch" ... ? ;D
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

SugaAndSpice

• Scout
  • just a gourd on the internet
  • Preferred pronouns: ALL THE PRONOUNS. He/him/his is always a safe bet though!
« Reply #7409 on: June 23, 2015, 03:09:45 PM »
I'm doing pretty well. Parents're at work, sister went with mom, so I've got the house to myself. Which might mean I might do some sort of arts or something, since I have a terrible fear of showing anyone IRL my art, especially WIPs. I don't even know why, I'm fine with showing it to you wonderful people... :P

I don't even like showing my parents my art. Also, if someone sneaks my sketchbook I will blow up at them. or just get really embarrassed and almost cry. I am selective of who I show my art to.
I say vol, you say tron! Vol!
…Voltron?