Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387327 times)

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #7215 on: June 20, 2015, 11:55:56 AM »
MY AUNT JUST HAD HER FIRST BABY!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS RTR'S AUNT!!!
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #7216 on: June 20, 2015, 11:58:56 AM »

Oh my god!
Congratulations to her!!! ;D
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #7217 on: June 20, 2015, 12:01:37 PM »

Yay! Congratulations to your aunt!

(I may be in an art store right now.... spending all my money) 
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #7218 on: June 20, 2015, 12:37:18 PM »
Oh my god!
Congratulations to her!!! ;D
CONGRATULATIONS RTR'S AUNT!!!
Yay! Congratulations to your aunt!

(I may be in an art store right now.... spending all my money)
Thank y'all so much! Mama and baby are doing well! He looks just like his daddy, but he's got that family nose from his mom.
(And he's much prettier than most newborns, so it must have been an easy birth.)

Feartheviolas you n e e d to eat control yourself
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #7219 on: June 20, 2015, 12:40:27 PM »
to continue the trend

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #7220 on: June 20, 2015, 12:46:50 PM »
to continue the trend

Still reminding me of The Sunflower Of Sauron

me and my references
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #7221 on: June 20, 2015, 12:50:28 PM »
Oh man
So I think I mentioned last night that I was trying to teach my youngest sister how to play our old copy of Kingdom Hearts
Somehow it turned into me playing the game while she cuddled adorably into my side and stared at the screen intently, constantly asking questions about the story and characters
Cutest gaming session I've ever had with that child xD

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #7222 on: June 20, 2015, 01:39:06 PM »

Feartheviolas you n e e d to eat control yourself

Back from the craft store! I am now the proud owner of more wonderful crafting things. Aaaaand I still have money for food left! :D Do I get adult points?
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #7223 on: June 20, 2015, 01:43:11 PM »
Back from the craft store! I am now the proud owner of more wonderful crafting things. Aaaaand I still have money for food left! :D Do I get adult points?

*hands you a coupon for five adult points*
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #7224 on: June 20, 2015, 01:45:00 PM »
Yes, adult points! +5 for exercising-self-control-with-one's-budget-so-one-does-not-starve-for-two-weeks.

Oh man
So I think I mentioned last night that I was trying to teach my youngest sister how to play our old copy of Kingdom Hearts
Somehow it turned into me playing the game while she cuddled adorably into my side and stared at the screen intently, constantly asking questions about the story and characters
Cutest gaming session I've ever had with that child xD
That is adorable. She'll probably remember it forever.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #7225 on: June 20, 2015, 02:00:29 PM »
Yes, adult points! +5 for exercising-self-control-with-one's-budget-so-one-does-not-starve-for-two-weeks.
*hands you a coupon for five adult points*

Yay! Thanks :)

Noooow I have to begin packing things....

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #7226 on: June 20, 2015, 02:33:05 PM »
... you might want to reread aRTD ... ;)
aha ha... it IS actually on my to-do list, though. I'm not saying for reaction image gathering purposes but

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oooh ooh WHAT DID YOU BUY

today I found out I absolutely suck at making popcorn. I mean HOW HARD CAN IT BE it's just putting it into a microwave oven and stop it when it doesn't pop so much, right? and YET...
they're only slightly burnt so I can still eat them, or at least most of them. I spent actual money on this (11 czk, probably what, 4 norwegian kroner?) so I'm NOT gonna throw it away!  if i get a stomach ache it will be 100% my fault
you'll know where to find me.

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #7227 on: June 20, 2015, 02:56:41 PM »
today I found out I absolutely suck at making popcorn. I mean HOW HARD CAN IT BE it's just putting it into a microwave oven and stop it when it doesn't pop so much, right? and YET...
they're only slightly burnt so I can still eat them, or at least most of them. I spent actual money on this (11 czk, probably what, 4 norwegian kroner?) so I'm NOT gonna throw it away!  if i get a stomach ache it will be 100% my fault

Ha! The first time I made popcorn we were having a movie afternoon with some kids in my church, and of course we had to have popcorn. And there I went, to make some popcorn. I sucked at it. Fortunately there was some other guy around who saw me and went "NO YOU ARE DOING EVERYTHING WRONG, let me handle this", and thanks to him we got our popcorn. The guy asked me "have you ever made popcorn in your life" and I was like "hum... no." It was so embarassing.

Also, I get so nervous when there are a lot of new pages and unread topics and things. It is like when you are walking with your friends and you stop to tie your shoe, and next thing you know, they are miles ahead of you.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #7228 on: June 20, 2015, 02:59:11 PM »
oooh ooh WHAT DID YOU BUY

I work a lot with mixed media so my collection of art supplies is like a few bottles of this a container of that and maybe some jars of this other thing over here. Probably one of my most prized possessions right now is this paint that cracks when it dries and I loooooove to put it all over everything. I'm constantly adding to my collection, so today I got some little ink pads for stamps and some embossing glitter because I've never had any but I tried it at a friend's and it was super cool. The other day I got this shiny silver and gold ink paint stuff and I've already managed to spray it all over my desk and phone. I then spent quite a while trying to get it off (spoiler alert: It's still there).

As for the popcorn, some kids I have babysat for have this really neat microwave that senses with it's mind control when the popcorn is done and shuts itself off for you. It's very magical.

Also I think my sister follows you on tumblr, which is crazy because I didn't even know she was even on tumblr until five minutes ago. She wants to know if you follow homestuck.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #7229 on: June 20, 2015, 03:07:17 PM »
Also, I get so nervous when there are a lot of new pages and unread topics and things. It is like when you are walking with your friends and you stop to tie your shoe, and next thing you know, they are miles ahead of you.
aha ha yeah I have the same kind of nervousness, which I solve by being ON THE FORUM ALL THE TIME ALL DAY which is. um. obviously not a good long-term solution.

to be fair there are only a few threads I always read all the way through, like the art and self-insert threads. Otherwise, there are some I just. take a deep breath and skim through or just skip parts completely, like this thread, sometimes...

I work a lot with mixed media so my collection of art supplies is like a few bottles of this a container of that and maybe some jars of this other thing over here. Probably one of my most prized possessions right now is this paint that cracks when it dries and I loooooove to put it all over everything. I'm constantly adding to my collection, so today I got some little ink pads for stamps and some embossing glitter because I've never had any but I tried it at a friend's and it was super cool. The other day I got this shiny silver and gold ink paint stuff and I've already managed to spray it all over my desk and phone. I then spent quite a while trying to get it off (spoiler alert: It's still there).

Also I think my sister follows you on tumblr, which is crazy because I didn't even know she was even on tumblr until five minutes ago. She wants to know if you follow homestuck.
ooooh nice!!!

....... haha, homestuck? me? nononooo
Spoiler: sweats nervously • show

not a homestuck. not me. no sirree
you'll know where to find me.