Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387374 times)

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #7200 on: June 20, 2015, 05:55:05 AM »
That is not hard (but I'd not recommend it).

A secret from whom though.

Shh shh you'll find out. It's nowhere near the best blackmail material on me anyway and you'll probably be a bit disappointed (I may have once mentioned this before but Captain Ása as a character really speaks to me)(I mean besides being awesome and knitting a lot).
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #7201 on: June 20, 2015, 05:55:22 AM »
HAIZ I distinctly remember using the word secret a few times in all capslock (it's ok since you'll be drawing it anyway, not like it's an actual secret-secret :D )(in all honesty I'm not quite as embarrassed as I should be).
you called it a secret ONCE and it was NOT in caps lock - which, okay, you did call it a secret and I'm doing my best to respect that,,
you're the one that brought it up and involved me though

(but I'd not recommend it).
should I be worried
you'll know where to find me.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #7202 on: June 20, 2015, 06:00:21 AM »
you called it a secret ONCE and it was NOT in caps lock - which, okay, you did call it a secret and I'm doing my best to respect that,,
you're the one that brought it up and involved me though

My memory failed me royally then.

I guess it's just your fate to get randomly involved in things.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #7203 on: June 20, 2015, 06:05:38 AM »
I guess it's just your fate to get randomly involved in things.
ISN'T IT ALWAYS

one day I'll learn to follow the First Rule and I'll be at peace.......... although it sounds kinda boring

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #7204 on: June 20, 2015, 06:10:45 AM »
ISN'T IT ALWAYS

one day I'll learn to follow the First Rule and I'll be at peace.......... although it sounds kinda boring

What's the first rule again?

should I be worried

Worrying is bad for you.

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #7205 on: June 20, 2015, 06:13:45 AM »
What's the first rule again?
*points at comic title*

Worrying is bad for you.

edit:
I have successfully bought bus tickets to Brno!!! *ka-ching of adult points being added* I've taken the bus brno-praha before, so I'm not panicked about that. I have no idea how to get the ticket, though, if it has to be printed or if I get it at the bus station.........
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 07:23:13 AM by Haiz »

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #7206 on: June 20, 2015, 08:22:24 AM »
I love this discussion. Somehow my stupid accidentally-corner-kicking-a-bag-of-crisps turned into this madness in a matter of seconds and it's still going strong today...

Please drop chips more often
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #7207 on: June 20, 2015, 08:37:24 AM »
Please drop chips more often
Please do u_u

Totally random topic, but today I was thinking about festival things on the island, and this one reminded me of Haiz:
http://www.cygnetfolkfestival.org
Probably just because it's folk. Maybe? I saw the giant paper swan and just.....?? Also the flaming cello.
Speaking of flames, I saw this thing in the paper.
https://darkmofo.net.au/program/dark-park/fire-organ/
This massive structure of old steel tubing drones and hums at low frequencies beneath harmonically tuned flame-throwers blasting fire and heat into the night sky.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Who let Emil loose? ? *stressed Tulio voice* "Emil's gone! He's loose!"
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #7208 on: June 20, 2015, 09:00:21 AM »
Totally random topic, but today I was thinking about festival things on the island, and this one reminded me of Haiz:
http://www.cygnetfolkfestival.org
Probably just because it's folk. Maybe? I saw the giant paper swan and just.....?? Also the flaming cello.
I heard folk festival who summoned me
(looks really cool tho)

........ ultimate SSSS band au: emil on FIRE ORGAN

and uh backtracking to Red Cloud's gender quest, I came over a relevant-ish video? I suppose most people aren't into this discussion so I'm gonna spoilerify it
Spoiler: show

warning for some swear words and one obscure gesture, and uh partial nudity I guess?
but yeah anyway video about people talking about what they think gender is. In my opinion it should maybe have had at least one trans person (aside from the non-binary one), but otherwise I think this video is pretty good at touching upon the very confusing concept?

My conclusion is that it’s hard to tell where the Gender Expectations Cage stops and where your True Gender Feels begin.

EDIT:

^this is a screencap

I'M SO ANGRY I MISSED 44,444 AND IT'S PROBABLY MY OWN FAULT
and we could've had like. 44,444 posts in 444 topics. WE COULD'VE HAD IT ALL
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 09:47:53 AM by Haiz »

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #7209 on: June 20, 2015, 11:07:04 AM »
and uh backtracking to Red Cloud's gender quest, I came over a relevant-ish video? I suppose most people aren't into this discussion so I'm gonna spoilerify it
Spoiler: show

warning for some swear words and one obscure gesture, and uh partial nudity I guess?
but yeah anyway video about people talking about what they think gender is. In my opinion it should maybe have had at least one trans person (aside from the non-binary one), but otherwise I think this video is pretty good at touching upon the very confusing concept?

My conclusion is that it’s hard to tell where the Gender Expectations Cage stops and where your True Gender Feels begin.

Wow I enjoyed this video a lot.
Well, as for my gender thing, I prefer to identify as a woman until I know my true gender. As for the pronouns, I still prefer the masculine ones but i don't care if someone says she/her for me. ^^
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #7210 on: June 20, 2015, 11:22:55 AM »
It's the post office's job to make sure that your mail arrives the way it should. I'd be surprised if they didn't tape it for you.
On the other hand, mass handling of postal mail is typically done by dedicated machinery, with no human nearby who could put the tape on. The machines would need to notice something wrong with the envelope first - I have no information what they might check for, but I'm pretty sure that they're not up to the level of a human's glance.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

JoB

« Reply #7211 on: June 20, 2015, 11:27:40 AM »
For me it's gotten so bad that when some users have their avatar as an image from the comic, I'll think it's them for a second when I re-read it.
Aaaaaand this is sort of why I avoided choosing Trond as an avatar loosely matching my age bracket ...
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #7212 on: June 20, 2015, 11:34:18 AM »
On the other hand, mass handling of postal mail is typically done by dedicated machinery, with no human nearby who could put the tape on. The machines would need to notice something wrong with the envelope first - I have no information what they might check for, but I'm pretty sure that they're not up to the level of a human's glance.
Good point.
I don't know how it works for international mailing, but my understanding has been that it's given the once-over before being thrown to the machines if it's not a mass-mailer. I've never actually worked in the post office, though, so I don't know.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

JoB

« Reply #7213 on: June 20, 2015, 11:38:51 AM »
*googles waterboarding*
... you might want to reread aRTD ... ;)

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #7214 on: June 20, 2015, 11:52:54 AM »
MY AUNT JUST HAD HER FIRST BABY!!!!!!!
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.