Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2411044 times)

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #6990 on: June 17, 2015, 01:57:20 AM »
which my brilliant reply was "international stuff"

I'm going to use that expression when something similar happens to me.
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #6991 on: June 17, 2015, 03:09:29 AM »
So... my Chior got the schedules for our trip to Italy today. This is so exciting and yet so nerve-wracking at the same time. I'm not afraid of something bad happening so much as a general fear of being farther from home than I've ever been without family members and... Somehow my explanation of how I feel about this upcoming trip resulted in an interesting discussion with my mom about how sometimes she worries she's underprotective to which I replied I'm glad she's not one of those parents who gets mad at the summer camp because their kid tripped on a rock or something. Anyway, that's not the point I was trying to make. The point is that tomorrow is the last day of school and my friends have invited me to go to a fast-food restaurant with them. The weird part is that I'm as excited and scared for that as I am for the trip. I'm actually really nervous about it, if not more nervous. Also, apparently that's okay, because mom told me outright that I can do literally anything I want tomorrow. What do I do with this power? I never go anywhere with friends let alone without adult supervision! (I'm rather alarmed and confused if you can't tell, though I suspect she expects it to be a learning experience for me.)
I find it really hard to understand how other people can get together on the smallest whim when my own brain equates it in terms of how much I should worry about it to leaving the Pacific Northwest for essentially the first time. And yet I'm the same amount excited as I am nervous. That's probably good. I doubt this oddness will ever go away, but now that I think about it, once I have gotten past this food-thing, traveling will probably come into scale an seem so much bigger. My life is suddenly full of strange adventures - who knows why they all decided to ambush me now.

Am I done rambling, now? Good. I need to go to bed.
(I'll probably look at this tomorrow wondering what on earth I was trying to say. Honestly I've already forgotten. At the very least I bet I'll have trouble following my own sentences.)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #6992 on: June 17, 2015, 05:02:31 AM »
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 09:23:27 AM by Feartheviolas »
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #6993 on: June 17, 2015, 07:08:17 AM »
So... my Chior got the schedules for our trip to Italy today. This is so exciting and yet so nerve-wracking at the same time. I'm not afraid of something bad happening so much as a general fear of being farther from home than I've ever been without family members and... Somehow my explanation of how I feel about this upcoming trip resulted in an interesting discussion with my mom about how sometimes she worries she's underprotective to which I replied I'm glad she's not one of those parents who gets mad at the summer camp because their kid tripped on a rock or something. Anyway, that's not the point I was trying to make. The point is that tomorrow is the last day of school and my friends have invited me to go to a fast-food restaurant with them. The weird part is that I'm as excited and scared for that as I am for the trip. I'm actually really nervous about it, if not more nervous. Also, apparently that's okay, because mom told me outright that I can do literally anything I want tomorrow. What do I do with this power? I never go anywhere with friends let alone without adult supervision! (I'm rather alarmed and confused if you can't tell, though I suspect she expects it to be a learning experience for me.)
I find it really hard to understand how other people can get together on the smallest whim when my own brain equates it in terms of how much I should worry about it to leaving the Pacific Northwest for essentially the first time. And yet I'm the same amount excited as I am nervous. That's probably good. I doubt this oddness will ever go away, but now that I think about it, once I have gotten past this food-thing, traveling will probably come into scale an seem so much bigger. My life is suddenly full of strange adventures - who knows why they all decided to ambush me now.

Am I done rambling, now? Good. I need to go to bed.
(I'll probably look at this tomorrow wondering what on earth I was trying to say. Honestly I've already forgotten. At the very least I bet I'll have trouble following my own sentences.)

My choir went to Italy too! It was an absolutly wonderful experience and I really enjoyed my time. You're going to get to see so many cool things and have so many interesting new experiences. Italy is gorgeous and getting to perform there is wonderful. It's something I will remember for the rest of my life, and I think you will too.

As for going places without adults (or parents) it can be a bit scary at first, but I think you'll realize it's not so bad. Go with your friends and have fun. Relax and just enjoy getting to hang out and get some food. I remember being in middle school and getting to go to the mall alone with my friends and we were just hanging out and I bought some jeans and I remember feeling so cool and grown up and just having fun with them. Afterwards I was pretty proud that I could do all that on my own.

You got this! Go have an adventure! (And be sure to tell us all about it when you get back ;) )
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #6994 on: June 17, 2015, 09:57:02 AM »
Important Qualities of a hotel housekeeping inspector:
- ability to walk VERY FAST
- top notch observational skills
- courage to remove cobwebs with bare hands
- RIGHTEOUS ANGER. do you see coffee stains? spot a dirty spoon? find old dust? the only correct reaction is FURY

I also managed to fall asleep at work today. I was waiting in a couch somewhere, and it was a little too comfortable... ah well, the nap did me good, I feel awake now. While waiting, I was also browsing the cheap phone my uncle gave me for use in czech - you know, those who look like and function pretty much like those old nokias, except with colour screen? I had some fun when I realized it had "text stensils", like finished or almost finished SMSes at the ready, a la "Urgent! please contact", "I'm late, I'll be there at ", "Where are you?" and so on.
The last one was "I love you". How romantic is that

I'm also on the verge of understanding ukrainian. most of the housekeepers are from ukraine and they speak ukrainian or russian to eachother and sometimes i'm stuck at a room where nobody speaks czech

OH and exam results came in. I got a D and a C. which feels a lteensy bit disappointing to me, spoiled nerd that got top grades all hir life, but on the other hand I don't feel like I deserve better anyway and I DIDN'T FAIL WHEEEE
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 09:59:21 AM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Mélusine

« Reply #6995 on: June 17, 2015, 10:12:06 AM »
OH and exam results came in. I got a D and a C. which feels a lteensy bit disappointing to me, spoiled nerd that got top grades all hir life, but on the other hand I don't feel like I deserve better anyway and I DIDN'T FAIL WHEEEE
Congratulations Haiz ! :)

And walking (very) fast is always useful ::)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #6996 on: June 17, 2015, 11:13:35 AM »
Important Qualities of a hotel housekeeping inspector:
- ability to walk VERY FAST
- top notch observational skills
- courage to remove cobwebs with bare hands
- RIGHTEOUS ANGER. do you see coffee stains? spot a dirty spoon? find old dust? the only correct reaction is FURY

I also managed to fall asleep at work today. I was waiting in a couch somewhere, and it was a little too comfortable... ah well, the nap did me good, I feel awake now. While waiting, I was also browsing the cheap phone my uncle gave me for use in czech - you know, those who look like and function pretty much like those old nokias, except with colour screen? I had some fun when I realized it had "text stensils", like finished or almost finished SMSes at the ready, a la "Urgent! please contact", "I'm late, I'll be there at ", "Where are you?" and so on.
The last one was "I love you". How romantic is that

I'm also on the verge of understanding ukrainian. most of the housekeepers are from ukraine and they speak ukrainian or russian to eachother and sometimes i'm stuck at a room where nobody speaks czech

Yay Haiz!
Also, please please keep telling us about the Hotel Adventures. I cracked up enough to make the cat look at me funny* when I got to RIGHTEOUS ANGER

*which, admittedly, doesn't take much, but you know what I mean.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

hushpiper

• Slayer of Silence
  • Scout
    • Tumblr
  • steam engenius, you see
« Reply #6997 on: June 17, 2015, 11:43:08 AM »
*pops out of obscurity*

GUESS WHO HAS A KITTEN

GUESS WHO HAS THE SWEETEST CUDDLIEST LITTLE KITTEN EVER

THAT'S RIGHT, ME AND WYRD (my hubby)

She's a stray a coworker picked up (but couldn't keep, his wife is allergic), and we named her Franky because when we called her that she went up on her hind legs and booped her nose against mine. She's still a bit skittish, which is to be expected since she's both a stray and sick (she's got what looks like a sinus infection, gonna get her to a vet ASAP), but if you set her down somewhere soft and scratch her ears and rub her tummy she will stay with you and purr her face off. I totally meant to like, get things done last night--including taking pictures of her so I could show her off to you--but then she decided my boobs make a great shelf to sit on and I was doomed. Doomed, I tell you!

And now whenever my sister does her "WHEN WILL YOU GET PREGNANT YOU SHOULD HAVE A BABY CUZ I'M HAVING ONE" thing I will point at Franky and be like "This. This is my baby. And she is so much fluffier than yours. Trues."

*returns to obscurity*

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #6998 on: June 17, 2015, 11:50:15 AM »
ha, I'm glad my hotel adventures amuse you!

*pops out of obscurity*

GUESS WHO HAS A KITTEN

EEEEEEEEEEEE
YOU SHALL BE SAFE FROM THE RASH, PROTECTED BY ULTIMATE ADORABLENESS

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #6999 on: June 17, 2015, 11:50:33 AM »
AAAAAAAAAAAA KITTENS
KIIIIIIIIITTENS
lucky.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • my real name is Emil but you can call me Emil
  • Preferred pronouns: *incoherent screaming*
« Reply #7000 on: June 17, 2015, 12:12:24 PM »
DID SOMEONE SAY KITTENS

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #7001 on: June 17, 2015, 01:51:39 PM »
*pops out of obscurity*

GUESS WHO HAS A KITTEN

PICS OR IT ISN'T CUTE
Also, you should definitely come out of obscurity more, especially if it involves cute kitties.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #7002 on: June 17, 2015, 02:03:50 PM »
hang on youre in krakow and didn't tell us??

I'm in Poland on official pretzl-sampling duty.

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #7003 on: June 17, 2015, 02:05:39 PM »
whaaaaaaaat
do you have like, official pretzl-sampling documents and everything?

so close to czech though

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #7004 on: June 17, 2015, 02:24:10 PM »

Are pretzels a huge deal in Poland?
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help