Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2409255 times)

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #6945 on: June 15, 2015, 07:54:07 PM »
I wasn't thinking about horror... Maybe fantasy with a touch of suspense?

OHH, I would love to read this!

I know that one! It's Saint for Rent. It's really good.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #6946 on: June 16, 2015, 10:06:12 AM »
Today's episode of Hotel Haiz:

- helped clean a room, and of course I found another treasure: an opened, but half-full bag of delicious chips. I ADMIT it's probably neither well-advised nor professional to eat opened food you find on rooms, but....... they really were delicious.

- fluffing the pillows in a way that you can make them stand on the bed according to Protocol is actually REALLY HARD
Spoiler: show

left: done by professional housekeeper in three seconds
rigth: my 57th try

- I was supposed to meet up in the main housekeeper office at 11, it was like, 3 minutes to 11 and I thought hey. I can take the stairs. there are some stairs right here. they say "do not enter" but that's for guests, right? i've been going in these stairs with the supervisors, it should go juuuuust fiiiine - and when the door clicked shut behind me is when I realized they could not be opened from the inside without a key. HAHA WOOPS
this was me for the next 2,5 minutes until I heard someone on the floor above me open the door:

TRUE FEAR

what's even worse, or even more hilarious - what I was almost late for was a show-around for hotel worker newbies... and at that show-around our guide told us about guests getting stuck in these particular staircases, discovered crying by hotel workers hours later. AHA HA HA HA

- speaking of bad architectural solutions, in the conference area, there is a wall that can't be washed. It's some kind of fake marble decoration that never got finished, and it gets ruined if you wash it. it gets ruined  if you peel a sticker off of it. it's full of coffee stains that are doomed to be there forever.

- so every day I go to the kitchens to get my bag of ~*free food*~ for the evening, which usually consists of:
- either a baguette or a collection of buns + some cheese and ham and stuff to put on it
- a vegetable or salad
- TINY JUICE BOX (the best part)
- fruit
- piece of pastry or cake
aaaaaand all of that every single day is wayy too much, I never manage to eat it all in time, so I usually try to ask for less things if I still have lotsa leftovers. And the kitchenfolk always ask what I want and if I want this or that or ARE YOU SURE YOU DOn'T WANT MORE and so on, and today there were some reallly nice-looking onions on the table so I asked for one...
and one of the cooks was all "what did you say? onion?"
"yes onion"
"oNION?? on-i-on?? is that what you said?"
"yes please can i have an onion"
......... I did get my onion but now I feel really weird about it

so yeah that was the hotel part. Sidequest of the day, soon to commence: Acquirement of Another White Shirt
you'll know where to find me.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #6947 on: June 16, 2015, 10:27:22 AM »
Ridiculous question of the day : sending a message by the "protocol" way of the more cool and fast one ? WHY have I to get on to this publisher again ? (Ah, yes. He asked.)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #6948 on: June 16, 2015, 10:32:40 AM »
I know that one! It's Saint for Rent. It's really good.

Thank you!!

Today's episode of Hotel Haiz

I'm loving these hotel episodes.
I'm happy you were able to flee the staircase pretty soon, and wasn't like one of those poor guests they talked about...  :-\

And... onion? Do you like to eat onions like you eat bread or something? Is it a norwegian thing or...

Ridiculous question of the day : sending a message by the "protocol" way of the more cool and fast one ? WHY have I to get on to this publisher again ? (Ah, yes. He asked.)

What is the protocol way?

Today is pretty cold, and I got to use a coat with a lot of pockets. I love pockets. I went out and I didn't even take a purse with me, I just stuffed everything in my pockets. This is what freedom feels like.
Also, there isn't one cloud in the sky, it's all blue everywhere, and they are mowing the lawn today, so the air is filled with that freshly cut grass smell. So it is a very beautiful day indeed. :)
(I just wish I had a nose warmer, but nothing is perfect.)
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #6949 on: June 16, 2015, 10:34:31 AM »
Today's episode of Hotel Haiz:

- helped clean a room, and of course I found another treasure: an opened, but half-full bag of delicious chips. I ADMIT it's probably neither well-advised nor professional to eat opened food you find on rooms, but....... they really were delicious.

- fluffing the pillows in a way that you can make them stand on the bed according to Protocol is actually REALLY HARD
Spoiler: show

left: done by professional housekeeper in three seconds
rigth: my 57th try

- I was supposed to meet up in the main housekeeper office at 11, it was like, 3 minutes to 11 and I thought hey. I can take the stairs. there are some stairs right here. they say "do not enter" but that's for guests, right? i've been going in these stairs with the supervisors, it should go juuuuust fiiiine - and when the door clicked shut behind me is when I realized they could not be opened from the inside without a key. HAHA WOOPS
this was me for the next 2,5 minutes until I heard someone on the floor above me open the door:

TRUE FEAR

what's even worse, or even more hilarious - what I was almost late for was a show-around for hotel worker newbies... and at that show-around our guide told us about guests getting stuck in these particular staircases, discovered crying by hotel workers hours later. AHA HA HA HA

- speaking of bad architectural solutions, in the conference area, there is a wall that can't be washed. It's some kind of fake marble decoration that never got finished, and it gets ruined if you wash it. it gets ruined  if you peel a sticker off of it. it's full of coffee stains that are doomed to be there forever.

- so every day I go to the kitchens to get my bag of ~*free food*~ for the evening, which usually consists of:
- either a baguette or a collection of buns + some cheese and ham and stuff to put on it
- a vegetable or salad
- TINY JUICE BOX (the best part)
- fruit
- piece of pastry or cake
aaaaaand all of that every single day is wayy too much, I never manage to eat it all in time, so I usually try to ask for less things if I still have lotsa leftovers. And the kitchenfolk always ask what I want and if I want this or that or ARE YOU SURE YOU DOn'T WANT MORE and so on, and today there were some reallly nice-looking onions on the table so I asked for one...
and one of the cooks was all "what did you say? onion?"
"yes onion"
"oNION?? on-i-on?? is that what you said?"
"yes please can i have an onion"
......... I did get my onion but now I feel really weird about it

so yeah that was the hotel part. Sidequest of the day, soon to commence: Acquirement of Another White Shirt

you Smart person. Eating open bags, why not.
And that pillow is killing me. You did it at the 57th time. For me, 1000 years. (cool right)
In the situation of the stairs, I'll probably freak out and screaming ''i'M GOING TO DIE! SOMEBODY HELP MEEEH!'' --\_(·w·)_/--
Also, I can't stop laughing in the onion part. Like, I imagine that conversation and I'm dying xD

Anyways, today I was going to kill someone. Never piss off a Red Cloud.
Well, me and my Friends started fighting in a Project. After that, in the playground, she was telling to my other friend ALL and I hear my name. (I get really mad when I hear it from someone who's not talking to me)
I totally shouted ''say my name again and I'll kill you'. Then she started talking to the i'm-the-most-popular-person girl in the class and started shouting ''why can't we say your name Galatea?'' I got up and screamed ''yOU WANT TO FIGHT?! C'ME HERE!''. After we eated, I get relaxed and follow her.
...Then I hugged her.
True story
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #6950 on: June 16, 2015, 10:39:03 AM »
And... onion? Do you like to eat onions like you eat bread or something? Is it a norwegian thing or...
I eat sandwiches with ham and cheese every evening for weeks, thought I could add some strips of onion for a change......

Mélusine

« Reply #6951 on: June 16, 2015, 10:51:59 AM »
What is the protocol way?
Using the pro e-mail address as an adult and unknown-but-not-totally-unknown-girl. Knowing few months ago, this person spoke of me and my project to a friend while having her at phone for something completely else, and all ended with fb messages. (Hello, I'm very good to hesitate between two choices which aren't really important. Write this message Mélusine ! *Never feels good when she have to ask somebody for something*) Well, I'm sure it doesn't matter...
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #6952 on: June 16, 2015, 10:55:06 AM »
Using the pro e-mail address as an adult and unknown-but-not-totally-unknown-girl. Knowing few months ago, this person spoke of me and my project to a friend while having her at phone for something completely else, and all ended with fb messages. (Hello, I'm very good to hesitate between two choices which aren't really important. Write this message Mélusine ! *Never feels good when she have to ask somebody for something*) Well, I'm sure it doesn't matter...
If it's for a professional matter, then go the professional route until invited to do otherwise.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Mélusine

« Reply #6953 on: June 16, 2015, 11:10:10 AM »
If it's for a professional matter, then go the professional route until invited to do otherwise.
Nothing specified, but yes, it was my conclusion too :)

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #6954 on: June 16, 2015, 11:17:44 AM »

TRUE FEAR
Hehehe, reminds me of an episode I had when working in the backoffices of a bank ... I was on a break, walked the corridors a bit, came to a fairly normal-looking (i.e., no card reader or alarm contacts) door, and went through.
Oh, it's the fire escape staircase behind the building.
(Wait, shouldn't there be some alarm when someone opens a door straight to the great outdoors? Apparently there isn't any ...)
Oh, the door just fell shut behind me, with no way to open it with those access cards.
Well, no sweat, it's a fire escape and I can go to ground level, around the building, and back in through the normal entrance, right?

... wrong. The access-control-slash-time-recording-system won't let me in because I already am inside ... :(
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Sc0ut

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #6955 on: June 16, 2015, 11:53:35 AM »
Yes, if you find yourself hesitating between professional or not, it's always better to err on the side of professional. You've got nothing to lose doing this.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #6956 on: June 16, 2015, 12:22:43 PM »
Hehehe, reminds me of an episode I had when working in the backoffices of a bank ... I was on a break, walked the corridors a bit, came to a fairly normal-looking (i.e., no card reader or alarm contacts) door, and went through.
Oh, it's the fire escape staircase behind the building.
(Wait, shouldn't there be some alarm when someone opens a door straight to the great outdoors? Apparently there isn't any ...)
Oh, the door just fell shut behind me, with no way to open it with those access cards.
Well, no sweat, it's a fire escape and I can go to ground level, around the building, and back in through the normal entrance, right?

... wrong. The access-control-slash-time-recording-system won't let me in because I already am inside ... :(

So what you're saying is, your bank was built in the shape of a Klein Bottle?
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #6957 on: June 16, 2015, 01:45:13 PM »
So what you're saying is, your bank was built in the shape of a Klein Bottle?
Probably built on a Möbius Loop, too.

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #6958 on: June 16, 2015, 03:41:50 PM »
Erm... Guys...
Can I talk about... genders...? Like, I totally don't know what I am...
I'm a woman at birth, yeah, but I feel more acting and beiging a male. For example, doing masculine things and stuff...
I read the wiki and it says I'm a demiguy. I want to ask y'all if that's true or not because i don't understand the wiki sometimes...
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #6959 on: June 16, 2015, 03:51:25 PM »
Erm... Guys...
Can I talk about... genders...? Like, I totally don't know what I am...
I'm a woman at birth, yeah, but I feel more acting and beiging a male. For example, doing masculine things and stuff...
I read the wiki and it says I'm a demiguy. I want to ask y'all if that's true or not because i don't understand the wiki sometimes...
I HEARD SOMEONE MENTION THE GENDERS HELLO I'M HERE

- it's okay to not know who you are!! it's really hard to find out and you've got lots of time, so you can try out various things and find out what feels most like you. it's also a thing that can change over time, so something that feels very right now may not feel as right later, but it's always valid.

- a wiki can't tell you who you are, only you can. I mean things would be 1000x easier if there were someone other than you to confirm things, I know... but nobody other than you have the right to say who you truly are.

- It's possible you're a guy, it's possible you're a demiguy or only partly a guy, it's possible you're both a girl and a guy at the same time, it's possible you shift between being a girl and guy, it's possible you're none of the things.... it's possible to be ANYTHING. which ok makes it only more complicated, but then again hey more options

(demiguy means someone whose gender is partly a guy and partly something else, in case you were wondering)

- I see you've already found out you prefer he/him pronouns, which is a huge step on the way to finding out who you are? congrats! I mean it's okay to change pronouns to find out what feels more comfortable and more like home to you!!