Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387900 times)

ParanormalAndroid

Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #6870 on: June 15, 2015, 09:54:47 AM »
koalalou I have a question for you. What is the hype? It's all over your signature.
It appears to be the oath of the Night's Watch from Game of Thrones...
With most of the words replaced with "hype"?
I am also confused.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #6871 on: June 15, 2015, 09:58:33 AM »
It appears to be the oath of the Night's Watch from Game of Thrones...
With most of the words replaced with "hype"?
I am also confused.

*is that one person who hasn't seen game of thrones* Although I did watch that 30 second clip when Sigur Rós plays on it and that rude guy throws stuff at them. Shame on him.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #6872 on: June 15, 2015, 10:00:06 AM »
*is that one person who hasn't seen game of thrones* Although I did watch that 30 second clip when Sigur Rós plays on it and that rude guy throws stuff at them. Shame on him.
(oh no it's not the Night's Watch, it's the words of House Greyjoy) (it's not even that, it's just a load of the most famous quotations)
*is ashamed* (that's super-different)
And I've never seen it either, don't worry- only read it.
Sigur Rós were in it? Woah!

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #6873 on: June 15, 2015, 10:04:22 AM »
(oh no it's not the Night's Watch, it's the words of House Greyjoy) (it's not even that, it's just a load of the most famous quotations)
*is ashamed* (that's super-different)
Sigur Rós were in it? Woah!

Yeah they covered the Rains of Castamere and they were also in it for 30 seconds. Hang on... Found it!

This is the extent of my game of thrones knowledge.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #6874 on: June 15, 2015, 10:07:38 AM »

Lucky you!
I wish I could erease this last season from my memory... and remember only the books  :-\
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #6875 on: June 15, 2015, 10:09:15 AM »
Ah
Yeah I was about to watch the finale, so I added some more hype to my signature

Basically it's just a bunch of A Song of Ice and Fire quotes because while we've been waiting for the next book to come out, my sister and I have been getting caught up on the tv show--so I've just been really hyped about well everything that has to do with the series (books and show)

"The night is dark and full of terrors" Melisandre

"What is dead will never die, but rises harder and stronger"--a prayer/said said by those in the Iron islands who worship the Drowned Gods (sorry, Android--House Greyjoy's words are 'We do not sow' :\)

"Ours is the fury"--the words of House Baratheon

"Winter is coming"--the words of House Stark

And now that I've seen the Game of Thrones season finale I need to add "And now my hype has ended" which comes from the Watch's words for a fallen brother because that ending was disappointing and ended on the same infuriating cliff-hanger as A Dance With Dragons //pulls at hair//

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Mélusine

« Reply #6876 on: June 15, 2015, 10:14:21 AM »
You mean, the moment I had heard myself thinking "Shut up, he's singing !" ? ::)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #6877 on: June 15, 2015, 10:15:30 AM »
Ah
Yeah I was about to watch the finale, so I added some more hype to my signature

Basically it's just a bunch of A Song of Ice and Fire quotes because while we've been waiting for the next book to come out, my sister and I have been getting caught up on the tv show--so I've just been really hyped about well everything that has to do with the series (books and show)

"The night is dark and full of terrors" Melisandre

"What is dead will never die, but rises harder and stronger"--a prayer/said said by those in the Iron islands who worship the Drowned Gods (sorry, Android--House Greyjoy's words are 'We do not sow' :\)

"Ours is the fury"--the words of House Baratheon

"Winter is coming"--the words of House Stark

And now that I've seen the Game of Thrones season finale I need to add "And now my hype has ended" which comes from the Watch's words for a fallen brother because that ending was disappointing and ended on the same infuriating cliff-hanger as A Dance With Dragons //pulls at hair//

Ohhh ok. That makes sense now. Thanks for explaining it to me! :)

koalalou

• Scout
« Reply #6878 on: June 15, 2015, 10:18:04 AM »
Ohhh ok. That makes sense now. Thanks for explaining it to me! :)
Hey, no problem! :)

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #6879 on: June 15, 2015, 10:53:00 AM »
I'm that person who would absolutely LOVE Game of Thrones, if it weren't for some... ahem... scenes.
I heard that there is a clean version out in the internet, but I didn't check.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

koalalou

• Scout
« Reply #6880 on: June 15, 2015, 10:55:41 AM »
I'm that person who would absolutely LOVE Game of Thrones, if it weren't for some... ahem... scenes.
I heard that there is a clean version out in the internet, but I didn't check.
But that would be like trying to sensor the books lol
Half the fun is in those scenes xD (for me, anyway)

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #6881 on: June 15, 2015, 10:58:03 AM »
But that would be like trying to sensor the books lol

Actually, I think it is different. The normal series are out there, and anyone can watch it, but there's an alternative for people like me. Trying to sensor the books would be trying to alter the original work, and that's not cool.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #6882 on: June 15, 2015, 10:59:51 AM »
Actually, I think it is different. The normal series are out there, and anyone can watch it, but there's an alternative for people like me. Trying to sensor the books would be trying to alter the original work, and that's not cool.
I agree. Censoring is like putting a piece of tape over somebody's mouth---getting an edited version is like recording what they said, then making selections of what you like.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

koalalou

• Scout
« Reply #6883 on: June 15, 2015, 11:18:01 AM »
Hmmm oh okay--thanks. I usually get the two mixed up, so I apologize if I end up doing that again :\

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #6884 on: June 15, 2015, 11:29:27 AM »
I never thought about how many things people probably leave behind. Maybe I will start leaving something behind when I leave my hotel room as a friendly surprise for the person who has to clean it. You could collect all the items and when you get back you can create stories about where they came from and how they ended up in the hotel room. I do that sometimes with the random bits and pieces I find in strange places. Like the love note I found in the gutter one time or the old key I found on the road.
Haiz! You found treasure! 8D (minus the hard boiled eggs and stuff in the coffee cup--why would someone put eggs in a coffee cup?)
yesss I love finding random treasure. I have some hoarder tendencies and like picking up cool stuff from the ground sometimes. I also have a friend that collects lost/forgotten shopping lists, and if I find some I collect them to give to her later, it's really fun!
So far hotel cleaning has got me a few coins, a map of prague and flowers for the apartment!!
Spoiler: show

really pretty flowers, too!
(this is how I found them at the hotel)

I think the eggs in the coffee was the guests being too lazy to use the trashcan or something. I found it very funny because "egg"

also I just pulled myself together and
- washed the dishes (WOW SUCH RESPONSIBILITY there are hardly any dishes to wash in this place, so idk why I procrastinated this for as long as I did)
- took the trash out (which was really gross because I discovered too late there was no plastic bag in the trashcan........ i had to wash it because gross food fluids ugh ughgughgh)
- vacuum cleaned the floor (with an old vacuum cleaner that is held together by tape. at least it works)
- AND made food for myself at a Reasonable Time

it's so odd when you do things like this because YOU feel the need to do them and not because someone told you to o___o

.......how many adult points do I get
you'll know where to find me.