Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387265 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #6795 on: June 13, 2015, 05:11:00 PM »
As long as it's not laundry.
TRUE. I was worried about how I was going to handle a washing machine, but... there's no washing machine here. I have to do my laundry at the hotel.

*contemplates bun* you're not moldy, right? only stale? I can dip you in soup and eat you, yes? yes? okay nice thanks
you'll know where to find me.

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #6796 on: June 13, 2015, 05:11:29 PM »
nooOoOoooooo, the mold even found my precious sourdough bread........ my trashcan is full of food I wasn't quick enough to eat, it's so sad and I hate wasting food :c :c :c

I did not expect food to be the hardest aspect of my adult quest.

Really? The mold was really fast! How long have you been there? A week?
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #6797 on: June 13, 2015, 05:12:47 PM »
Really? The mold was really fast! How long have you been there? A week?
two weeks, come monday O: but most of the food isn't even a week old, guess it's something about the humidity in the air or something.....
you'll know where to find me.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #6798 on: June 13, 2015, 05:12:59 PM »
As long as it's not laundry.

This happened one time when my mom's washing machine ate some socks and then we found them several years later when the machine mysteriously broke down. It was really gross. Ok I'll stop now.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #6799 on: June 13, 2015, 05:17:34 PM »
two weeks, come monday O: but most of the food isn't even a week old, guess it's something about the humidity in the air or something.....

I have lost track of time, I'd swear you had posted about arriving in Prague four days ago.  ???
And yeah, humidity is the worst. Putting everything in the fridge helps a little in the battle against The Mold.

This happened one time when my mom's washing machine ate some socks and then we found them several years later when the machine mysteriously broke down. It was really gross. Ok I'll stop now.

The socks were already developing a new civilization?
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #6800 on: June 13, 2015, 05:22:32 PM »
Decomposing socks are awful.
And as far as food goes, once SOMEBODY (glares at my sister) left a pot of lamb stew out in the kitchen while we went out of town for a weekend, and when we came back I had to clean it out, and let's just say that I learned why Spontaneous Generation http://www.britannica.com/science/spontaneous-generationd was such an accepted theory.
I have seen things.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #6801 on: June 13, 2015, 05:25:23 PM »
And as far as food goes, once SOMEBODY (glares at my sister) left a pot of lamb stew out in the kitchen while we went out of town for a weekend, and when we came back I had to clean it out, and let's just say that I learned why Spontaneous Generation http://www.britannica.com/science/spontaneous-generationd was such an accepted theory.
I have seen things.

Once I left a hamburger (I think) in my backpack and when I found it, it had blue hair and white polka dots.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
« Reply #6802 on: June 13, 2015, 05:47:36 PM »
Once I left a hamburger (I think) in my backpack and when I found it, it had blue hair and white polka dots.
"He almost danced to the fridge, found the three least hairy things in it, put them on a plate and watched them intently for two minutes. Since they made no attempt to move within that time he called them breakfast and ate them." - Douglas Adams
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #6803 on: June 13, 2015, 05:52:36 PM »

Humidity it is. Every time I've been to any country that has had anything resembling a rainy season I've had things mold I didn't think would mold, such as shoes and books. I also tend to get really ill every time because of course I'm allergic to mold...

I have seen things.

Uuugh food gone old. -.- I once had a flatmate forget a bowl of chicken on the kitchen table right before she left home for Christmas. She had covered it with cling film and a towel which is why the rest of us didn't pay much attention to it at first, but then the smell began to make its way through somehow. I ended up volunteering as a tribute throwing it away and cleaning the bowl and I'm still weirdly proud that I didn't throw up at any point.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #6804 on: June 13, 2015, 05:52:47 PM »
"He almost danced to the fridge, found the three least hairy things in it, put them on a plate and watched them intently for two minutes. Since they made no attempt to move within that time he called them breakfast and ate them." - Douglas Adams
YES

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
« Reply #6805 on: June 13, 2015, 06:03:46 PM »
Humidity it is. Every time I've been to any country that has had anything resembling a rainy season I've had things mold I didn't think would mold, such as shoes and books. I also tend to get really ill every time because of course I'm allergic to mold...

Uuugh food gone old. -.- I once had a flatmate forget a bowl of chicken on the kitchen table right before she left home for Christmas. She had covered it with cling film and a towel which is why the rest of us didn't pay much attention to it at first, but then the smell began to make its way through somehow. I ended up volunteering as a tribute throwing it away and cleaning the bowl and I'm still weirdly proud that I didn't throw up at any point.
I'm allergic to mold too. It's the worst. (Well, I mean, genocide is pretty bad too, but still.)
And congratulations on not throwing up! That's better than I did. (Got to the trashcan in time, thank heaven) #firstworldproblems
John Steinbeck

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #6806 on: June 13, 2015, 06:09:37 PM »
I'm allergic to mold too. It's the worst. (Well, I mean, genocide is pretty bad too, but still.)
And congratulations on not throwing up! That's better than I did. (Got to the trashcan in time, thank heaven) #firstworldproblems

Is that the same thing as being allergic to penicillin? (which is bread mold which I am allergic to)

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #6807 on: June 13, 2015, 06:25:22 PM »
When I have nightmares tonight, I'm calling you and waking you up.
You think that's a good time to get acquainted to PhoneBeartrapLandmine? :P
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
« Reply #6808 on: June 13, 2015, 07:20:54 PM »
Is that the same thing as being allergic to penicillin? (which is bread mold which I am allergic to)
No. I'm not allergic to penicillin, but if there's any mold in the air my body goes "oh mY GOSH WHAT IS THIS POISON" and my eyes get red and weepy and my nose itches constantly and I develop a horrible cough. I'm also allergic to dust, pollen, most plants, mildly allergic to cats, dogs, etc. and severely allergic to horses.
John Steinbeck

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #6809 on: June 13, 2015, 07:29:27 PM »
No. I'm not allergic to penicillin, but if there's any mold in the air my body goes "oh mY GOSH WHAT IS THIS POISON" and my eyes get red and weepy and my nose itches constantly and I develop a horrible cough. I'm also allergic to dust, pollen, most plants, mildly allergic to cats, dogs, etc. and severely allergic to horses.

That's a lot of things to be allergic to. I'm allergic to weird things like the metal in flutes and jewelry (nickel) and also the sun. Which is actually a thing: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/sun-allergy/basics/definition/con-20035077
I'm secretly a vampire o_O