Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410030 times)

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #6645 on: June 09, 2015, 07:24:36 PM »
Awww. I am sending you and your sister a hug

Thanks. The kids finally went in so my sister has gone back to watching Minecraft videos on youtube xD

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #6646 on: June 09, 2015, 07:25:47 PM »
Thanks. The kids finally went in so my sister has gone back to watching Minecraft videos on youtube xD

Never played minecraft before. My little brother loves it though. He spends all his time watching youtube videos about it and stuff.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

koalalou

• Scout
« Reply #6647 on: June 09, 2015, 07:33:07 PM »
Never played minecraft before. My little brother loves it though. He spends all his time watching youtube videos about it and stuff.

My other sister (19 so she's in the middle) got Minecraft for our ps4 and now everything with my baby sister is Minecraft this and youtube that xD

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #6648 on: June 09, 2015, 07:39:49 PM »
My other sister (19 so she's in the middle) got Minecraft for our ps4 and now everything with my baby sister is Minecraft this and youtube that xD

I don't think I went on youtube for the first time until after I started highschool, although to be fair, youtube didn't exist when I was 6 (I'm about the same age as your middle sister). And my brother (13) is a youtube addict. He and my little sister know more about the internet and internet culture than I do :P
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

koalalou

• Scout
« Reply #6649 on: June 09, 2015, 08:12:09 PM »
I don't think I went on youtube for the first time until after I started highschool, although to be fair, youtube didn't exist when I was 6 (I'm about the same age as your middle sister). And my brother (13) is a youtube addict. He and my little sister know more about the internet and internet culture than I do :P

I know what you mean--the only reason I'm even half as Internet-savvy as I am is because of my middle sister
I always go to her if I wanna know what's what, or if I need to torrent something xD if I did it myself I'd probably end up with a virus lol

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #6650 on: June 09, 2015, 08:21:43 PM »
I know what you mean--the only reason I'm even half as Internet-savvy as I am is because of my middle sister
I always go to her if I wanna know what's what, or if I need to torrent something xD if I did it myself I'd probably end up with a virus lol

I was terrified of torrents for the longest time. And then one day I ended up with 35 icelandic disney movies on my computer... oops... (in my defence, they are sorta hard to get outside of iceland :P)

They do such a good job with the music
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 08:27:28 PM by Feartheviolas »

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #6651 on: June 09, 2015, 09:03:35 PM »
Well I for one am grateful for the translation down below. But I love the sound of that, and it's amazing how well the writers were able to fit the Icelandic words to the music. If I didn't know better, I'd say it was originally written in Icelandic!
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #6652 on: June 09, 2015, 09:31:25 PM »
Well I for one am grateful for the translation down below. But I love the sound of that, and it's amazing how well the writers were able to fit the Icelandic words to the music. If I didn't know better, I'd say it was originally written in Icelandic!

Disney does an amazing job in general with translating things. I've seen some pretty good French translations too.

Hrollo

• Ranger
« Reply #6653 on: June 09, 2015, 11:49:40 PM »
The reason I give Howl's Moving Castle the highest rating is because it's a war film with the bleak imagery associated, less so maybe than Nausicaä and Mononoke (but more so than Castle In The Sky, which did have a few impressive destruction/war sequences), but associated to that there is also the ugly-surrealistic magic imagery of later Miyazaki film (a tendency that starts in Mononoke but really explodes from Spirited Away onward), and in my mind the association of the two could be rather impressive, but maybe I don't know children really well, and I can't really tell from my own experiences either, I tend to be more affected *now* by movies that as a young kid I watched without batting an eye; The Dark Crystal, The Secret of NIMH, The Land Before Time, watching those at like 5 and no problem, not scared.

(But then I watched Grave of the Fireflies at 15 and THAT severely punched me)

(and I might have been slightly traumatised when I accidentally watched a good deal of Fritz the Cat at the age of maybe 8)
Fluent: :fr: :gb:
Some knowledge: :it:
Attempting to learn again: :de:
Passive familiarity: :es: :br: :ad: :ro:

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #6654 on: June 10, 2015, 12:19:33 AM »
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

I found out my major publication assignment is due three days earlier than I thought, and then Indesign ATE ALL MY ILLUSTRATIONS And I have to re-Place them and aaaaaaaaaa
Why.
W H Y
...40 images down, 75 to go..... *gross sobbing in the distance*
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • my real name is Emil but you can call me Emil
  • Preferred pronouns: *incoherent screaming*
« Reply #6655 on: June 10, 2015, 12:40:27 AM »
InDesign is the work of the devil. I've had PLENTY of negative experiences with it. Especially since I had to run it on a crap laptop back in high school!!

So I feel ya. But don't lose hope yet!

Kick that program! Be the boss!

Silenter

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • So sorry.
« Reply #6656 on: June 10, 2015, 08:14:01 AM »
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

I found out my major publication assignment is due three days earlier than I thought, and then Indesign ATE ALL MY ILLUSTRATIONS And I have to re-Place them and aaaaaaaaaa
Why.
W H Y
...40 images down, 75 to go..... *gross sobbing in the distance*
There there. *pats Owl* Although that sounds pretty awful. But just like what Emil said, kick it! :D

Half-crumbled I guess: :southkorea:
Main language: :usa:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

koalalou

• Scout
« Reply #6657 on: June 10, 2015, 08:39:50 AM »
G'morning, all...I'm just going to make a habit of saying good morning to everyone in this thread xP
//staggers away to find coffee and answer her PMs//

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #6658 on: June 10, 2015, 09:34:06 AM »
G'morning, all...I'm just going to make a habit of saying good morning to everyone in this thread xP
//staggers away to find coffee and answer her PMs//

Morning! Heh ^w^

We should put a Good Morning thread wth ºvº
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

koalalou

• Scout
« Reply #6659 on: June 10, 2015, 10:52:27 AM »