Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2411132 times)

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #6405 on: June 06, 2015, 11:01:58 AM »
I'm gonna agree with everyone else here. Have a good giggle at how illogical it is then dump it in the virtual trash. o vo)b

Edit: Guys! GUYS WHAT DO I DO?! There's no sugar. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO MAKE COFFEE?!?! //falls to ground twitching//
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 11:06:19 AM by koalalou »

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #6406 on: June 06, 2015, 12:00:28 PM »
Edit: Guys! GUYS WHAT DO I DO?! There's no sugar. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO MAKE COFFEE?!?! //falls to ground twitching//

OH NO! Maybe use something else sugary? I don't know anything about coffee, but honey is great in tea.
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

koalalou

• Scout
« Reply #6407 on: June 06, 2015, 12:27:15 PM »
OH NO! Maybe use something else sugary? I don't know anything about coffee, but honey is great in tea.

There's no honey to experiment with o vO
Thankfully I found some brown sugar--which is surprisingly good in coffee xP

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #6408 on: June 06, 2015, 12:29:24 PM »
I'm so done with the neighbourhood cats using the garden as a sandbox and kids trampling the flower beds because according to them that's a shortcut...
Would your garden happen to have enough soil heat to keep certain substances liquid ... ?
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #6409 on: June 06, 2015, 12:35:35 PM »
Would your garden happen to have enough soil heat to keep certain substances liquid ... ?

...Remind me never to make you angry.
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #6410 on: June 06, 2015, 12:36:27 PM »

Alas, although we are technically speaking sitting on an active volcano it hasn't been active for thousands of years.

I asked people for advice on FB and got interesting solutions:

Icelandic friends: "Yeah hose everything, maybe pet the cats. Cats are cute."
Finnish friends: "Landmines."
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 12:41:23 PM by Laufey »
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #6411 on: June 06, 2015, 12:51:12 PM »
Finnish friends: "Landmines."
... in German, that's code-speak for dog droppings. Maybe those cats are useful?
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #6412 on: June 06, 2015, 12:55:05 PM »

Oh! I went there once. It smells really bad, but it's a cool museum. They have lots of skeletons and other cool stuff. If you ever get tar on your skin it is the WORST. It never comes off. Ever. You should pretty much just give up and accept it as a new permanent addition to your body (or you could just use vaseline).  Just down the street from the museum there is this road where everyone lines up their food trucks and you can get just about any kind of food you could possibly imagine (except for maybe sheeps heads...)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #6413 on: June 06, 2015, 01:06:48 PM »
... in German, that's code-speak for dog droppings. Maybe those cats are useful?

Nah, dogs used to be banned in urban areas and even now that they're allowed again you have to apply for a permission to have one (plus if you live in an apartment building or otherwise share the same building with other people you need a written permission from two thirds of them). If your dog is outdoors without a leash you'll risk losing your dog permit, same goes for failing to pick up after your dog. Dog poop isn't therefore a problem - cats, on the other hand...

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

koalalou

• Scout
« Reply #6414 on: June 06, 2015, 01:11:49 PM »
Nah, dogs used to be banned in urban areas and even now that they're allowed again you have to apply for a permission to have one (plus if you live in an apartment building or otherwise share the same building with other people you need a written permission from two thirds of them). If your dog is outdoors without a leash you'll risk losing your dog permit, same goes for failing to pick up after your dog. Dog poop isn't therefore a problem - cats, on the other hand...
Wow, I can't even imagine dogs being banned...anywhere. Though I figured it happened in places. Still, I'm so used to there being at least two houses with a dog on nearly every street in my city that my brain just can't wrap around the idea of an urban area without dogs O vO;;

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #6415 on: June 06, 2015, 01:22:00 PM »
Wow, I can't even imagine dogs being banned...anywhere. Though I figured it happened in places. Still, I'm so used to there being at least two houses with a dog on nearly every street in my city that my brain just can't wrap around the idea of an urban area without dogs O vO;;

Other things Iceland has banned at some point:

* TV (but only in July and on Thursdays, ban lifted in the 80's)
* Beer (but strong alcohol and wine were ok)(ban lifted in 1989)
* Spaniards (only in the Westfjords and not really banned, but up until this April it was technically speaking legal to kill a Spanish person on sight)(not really though, we just had this one old law that ok'd it).

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #6416 on: June 06, 2015, 01:28:25 PM »
* Spaniards (only in the Westfjords and not really banned, but up until this April it was technically speaking legal to kill a Spanish person on sight)(not really though, we just had this one old law that ok'd it).
Found a Spanish pizza takeaway in Reykjavik, and had to ask the owner (in Spanish) to turn the blaring Spanish soaps off because my friend had aural hypersensitivity. So I guess Reyjavik's not the Westfjords, right?

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #6417 on: June 06, 2015, 01:30:53 PM »
Found a Spanish pizza takeaway in Reykjavik, and had to ask the owner (in Spanish) to turn the blaring Spanish soaps off because my friend had aural hypersensitivity. So I guess Reyjavik's not the Westfjords, right?

No, Westfjords/VestfirĂ°ir is the thingy sticking out from the rest of the country in the north-west corner. :D

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #6418 on: June 06, 2015, 01:34:12 PM »
No, Westfjords/VestfirĂ°ir is the thingy sticking out from the rest of the country in the north-west corner. :D
Oh, hah, the bit permanently covered in snow?
Our guide/driver/whatever was like, "The north is just snow. I love it."
He was one of those madmen who runs the whole Laugevegur Trail in like 5 hours, which he did twice while we hiked it.
Great guy.

koalalou

• Scout
« Reply #6419 on: June 06, 2015, 01:48:54 PM »
Wait...Spaniards? Really? Was there like a special reason for this banning? O vo;;

Boop-boop-ba-doop~