Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2411613 times)

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #6285 on: June 03, 2015, 10:08:31 PM »
Ohh! Mine are Fysh too! :D they're purple~

Yay! Glasses buddies!  ::)
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #6286 on: June 03, 2015, 10:20:07 PM »
[eyes stuff]
Yeah, I feel you on the poor eyesight -- mine started declining a couple years ago and is slowly getting worse.
I don't know much about what you like in frames, but mine are oblong and a little thicker on the top edge than the bottom, black metal, with plastic earpieces that are sort of silvery green-and-purple with black leopard print.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Chizu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Potatoes you will potate!
« Reply #6287 on: June 03, 2015, 10:26:18 PM »
Ah, look at you people, wearing your glasses having eye tests and being responsible and jazz...I have a very poor sight when it comes to seeing in the distance, I have glasses. Good glasses, nice frames and all...do I wear them? Noooo~
I think Koeshi, would be a millionaire if I gave him a penny for every time he tells me to wear my glasses. . .

On a little bit different subject, coming from recently finishing an anime called Death Parade...What's people's opinion on Reincarnation? I know in many religions it is believed the soul goes to heaven or hell like place. But there are some where the soul gets reincarnated into another body, gets to live 9 lives, travels realms  etc... Just curious of people's thoughts on the subject :)

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #6288 on: June 03, 2015, 10:45:17 PM »
On a little bit different subject, coming from recently finishing an anime called Death Parade...What's people's opinion on Reincarnation? I know in many religions it is believed the soul goes to heaven or hell like place. But there are some where the soul gets reincarnated into another body, gets to live 9 lives, travels realms  etc... Just curious of people's thoughts on the subject :)

Reincarnation? Souls? I don't particularly believe in souls, but I like the idea that after I die I'd wake up as a different person (specifically a person) rather than just... being nothing (or being a ghost :P ). But that's as far as my reincarnation thoughts go.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 10:57:41 PM by Piney »

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #6289 on: June 03, 2015, 10:54:25 PM »
Ah, look at you people, wearing your glasses having eye tests and being responsible and jazz...I have a very poor sight when it comes to seeing in the distance, I have glasses. Good glasses, nice frames and all...do I wear them? Noooo~
I think Koeshi, would be a millionaire if I gave him a penny for every time he tells me to wear my glasses. . .

I used to never wear my glasses. Then a few years ago I started driving. One night I almost drove off the road. Then I decided it was probably a good idea to start wearing them.... (now I have contacts though so no one knows)

As for reincarnation, I never learned that much about it, but when I was younger I used to think that when people died their ghosts (or minds or consciousness or souls or whatever that part is that thinks) went through this checkpoint (not unlike airport security) where they had all their memories erased so they could go be new people. I also used to wonder about why I experienced things through my body and my eyes and my mind instead of other people's minds (the first time I remember thinking about this was when I was in preschool on the way to a friend's birthday party).
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #6290 on: June 03, 2015, 11:16:32 PM »
I tend to see reincarnation the way the Indigo Girls did in "Galileo":
[youtube width=250]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI1keSSwdcI
[/youtube]
... you had to bring up reincarnation
Over a couple of beers the other night
And now I'm serving time for mistakes
Made by another in another lifetime

(Chorus) How long 'til my soul gets it right?
Can any human being ever reach that kind of light?
I call on the resting soul of Galileo
King of night vision, king of insight

And then I think about my fear of motion
Which I never could explain
Some other fool across the ocean years ago
Must have crashed his little airplane
I offer thanks to those before me
That's all I've got to say
'Cause maybe you squandered big bucks in your lifetime
Now I have to pay

But then again it feels like some sort of inspiration
To let the next life off the hook
She'll say look what I had to overcome from my last life
I think I'll write a book!

How long 'til my soul gets it right?
Can any human being ever reach that kind of light?
I call on the resting soul of Galileo
King of night vision, king of insight

"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #6291 on: June 03, 2015, 11:41:22 PM »
Aaaahhh the Indigo Girls! You bring up sweet memories from my first actual relationship. We used to send each other songs and the Indigo Girls were often among music the being sent. You have good taste! :)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 10:18:37 AM by Feartheviolas »
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #6292 on: June 04, 2015, 02:55:16 AM »
Okay maybe you noticed my ODD AND SUDDEN ABSCENCE, what happened was... I used up my internet credits. I didn't even know that could happen. Mom gave me a magic usb-flash-stick thingie that summons the internet gods for the journey, but I did not realize it was limited. I don't even know what I did to use it up that quickly. Ohwell, found a spot of wifi on the hotel a few minutes before work. Today's adult sidequest: paying for my own internet and learn to use responsibly. Hey, maybe I'll get a better sleep schedule!
you'll know where to find me.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #6293 on: June 04, 2015, 03:05:07 AM »
Today's adult sidequest: paying for my own internet and learn to use responsibly. Hey, maybe I'll get a better sleep schedule!

*looks at clock*
...Maybe my mom should try that with me.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Mélusine

« Reply #6294 on: June 04, 2015, 05:18:38 AM »
Whaaaaaaat ? 33°C tomorrow ? *Will die*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #6295 on: June 04, 2015, 06:00:24 AM »
My sypathy for you - that would be too hot for me too, especially since it wasn't warm at all in the last few weeks here. Luckily, they announced only 26-27°C for my place, and my office is dark and cold cooling*. Remember to drink enough and not to do too much physical exercise tomorrow if your body doesn't handle heat well.  :)

*I'm NOT looking forward to winter...
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • my real name is Emil but you can call me Emil
  • Preferred pronouns: *incoherent screaming*
« Reply #6296 on: June 04, 2015, 06:03:32 AM »
Absence (of the internet) makes the heart grow fonder (of the internet)

Mélusine

« Reply #6297 on: June 04, 2015, 06:13:15 AM »
My sypathy for you - that would be too hot for me too, especially since it wasn't warm at all in the last few weeks here. Luckily, they announced only 26-27°C for my place, and my office is dark and cold cooling*. Remember to drink enough and not to do too much physical exercise tomorrow if your body doesn't handle heat well.  :)

*I'm NOT looking forward to winter...
Well, I'll just have to go and go back from a doctor alone even if he advise to come with someone (nothing serious), and on foot. I'll walk on the side of the shade and will take water ^^° Summer is good all right if we have 25°C. Higher temperatures require a cold place for me, which is... funny when I'm with persons who love high temperatures and sun. (Which winter ? I hadn't seen snow the last winter again :()
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Chizu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Potatoes you will potate!
« Reply #6298 on: June 04, 2015, 06:45:32 AM »

As for reincarnation, I never learned that much about it, but when I was younger I used to think that when people died their ghosts (or minds or consciousness or souls or whatever that part is that thinks) went through this checkpoint (not unlike airport security) where they had all their memories erased so they could go be new people. I also used to wonder about why I experienced things through my body and my eyes and my mind instead of other people's minds (the first time I remember thinking about this was when I was in preschool on the way to a friend's birthday party).

That sounds interesting and kind of like what idea they used in Death Parade. I read once that whatever you have not finished doing in this life, or if you've failed your purpose you re-live said life until you succeed and only when your soul is old enough do you get to carry on to the next. And whatever bad things happen you drag those with yourself as well.

I like the idea of reincarnating  simply for the fact that, the aspect of eternal nothingness seems kind of like a waste. I far better prefer to be reincarnated, to live again and explore. Tho it does scare me as I fear I would forget the people I know now, family friends. . .
I tend to see reincarnation the way the Indigo Girls did in "Galileo":

Ah that's a nice concept for a song, haven't listened to Indigo Girls in ages tho....

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #6299 on: June 04, 2015, 06:59:33 AM »
Whaaaaaaat ? 33°C tomorrow ? *Will die*
I am really bad at being in hot places, mostly due to my skin being allergic to being in the sun for extended periods of time (I am secretly a vampire) It's 13C here and which is nice but if it get's much hotter than 25 I try not to go out. I went to Spain over the summer with my family a few years ago, that was insanely hot. We were the ones wandering around outside like idiots and all the locals were inside sleeping. :P