Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2411146 times)

Viisikielinenkantele

• Scout
  • Sometimes creative
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #6270 on: June 03, 2015, 03:36:20 PM »
Haiz, congratulations about your ongoing adult-quest. I just hope the jobs they're going to find you won't get more and more random...or should I wish you exactly this because of adventure?  ;D
Native: :germany:
Mostly fluent: :uk: / :usa:
Rusty: :finland:
almost forgotten: :italy:, :estonia:, :vaticancity:
learning: :sweden:

"People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing." (Florence Foster Jenkins)

:chap5: :chap6:  :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #6271 on: June 03, 2015, 03:37:55 PM »
Well, that means that your new name apparently isn't HOLY FOO IS THAT THE SORT OF KNIVES PEOPLE USE IN NORWAY WATCHA DO WITH THOSE CHOP UP WHALES!?, at least. Congrats and kudo points to doing unexpected jobs with locally available tools. ;D

Oh c'mon, Haiz is Norwegian, like Fimby.  In Norway, knives like that are probably considered barely big enough to clean under your nails with.  :o  (Struggles not to make the "Crocodile Dundee" knife joke.)

BTW, I'm loving the posts about Haiz's Adult Quest in Czechia.  Please don't stop! 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Amity

• Scout
  • What Would Sigrun Do?
« Reply #6272 on: June 03, 2015, 04:28:50 PM »
The Czech Republic should have a shorter name in English...

Czechnya?
If life hands you Emil, make Emilonade!

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • my real name is Emil but you can call me Emil
  • Preferred pronouns: *incoherent screaming*
« Reply #6273 on: June 03, 2015, 04:33:52 PM »

This perfectly describes me

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #6274 on: June 03, 2015, 04:35:31 PM »

oH MY GOD THIS--
So true omg-
The first one is killing me-
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #6275 on: June 03, 2015, 04:36:30 PM »
[overly accurate content]

THAT'S ME
RIGHT THERE THAT'S ME
YEET

AuthorOfLight

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • i am just a littol creachur
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #6276 on: June 03, 2015, 04:41:44 PM »

This is so very much me.
fluent - :usa:
decentish - :mexico:
starting to learn - :finland: :japan:

Amity

• Scout
  • What Would Sigrun Do?
« Reply #6277 on: June 03, 2015, 04:54:22 PM »
(Struggles not to make the "Crocodile Dundee" knife joke.)

That's not a knife joke.

Here's a knife joke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF3y_ocbXfQ

BTW, I'm loving the posts about Haiz's Adult Quest in Czechia.  Please don't stop!

What Sunflower said.

By the way, Haiz, would it help if we all started calling your hotel asking for you by your forum handle, so that they get the point?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 04:58:11 PM by Amity »
If life hands you Emil, make Emilonade!

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #6278 on: June 03, 2015, 05:09:02 PM »

THE FIRST PANEL = MY LIFE
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #6279 on: June 03, 2015, 05:12:22 PM »
That's not a knife joke.

Here's a knife joke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF3y_ocbXfQ

Hmm, I think his knife is an inch or two longer than my largest knife. I'll have to remedy that at some point.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #6280 on: June 03, 2015, 05:29:47 PM »

The terrible phone call...
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #6281 on: June 03, 2015, 08:01:30 PM »
Today on: Kick makes really bad puns

Classmate:But Saul got his sight back, right?

Teacher:Yes.

Me:*raises hand

Me:I guess he...

Me:saw the light

Teacher:puts face in hands

Teacher:You tried.

Ok, lemme explain this pun so you can groan along with my religion teacher.

We were talking talking Saul, who becomes Paul the apostle(he goes and travels around and spread god’s word) but thats not important. What’s important Saul before he became Paul, was that he hunted Christians. After hunting down some group of poor Christians, he goes back with his squad to the city. Along the way, Jesus comes along, says the the biblical equivalent of : why u hunt my homies bro” and Saul is left blind. I’m pretty  sure at this point his squad has abandoned him. Eventually, he gets to safely and converts to Christianity,and lets his sight back.

Now, lets think about the statement “see the light” In a Christian sense, it usually means coming to sense, with a religious connotation. IDK, honestly, I’m not a very good Christian.

Humans see by reflected light.

Do you get it now?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 08:11:35 PM by KicknRun »

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #6282 on: June 03, 2015, 09:27:18 PM »
Hmmmn General Discussion:

I got another eye test yesterday, and my sight has dropped a few more notches in quality (it's gone from perfect vision last June, to needing glasses to legally drive by August, now the current glasses are ineffective, and Doc says it will probably get worse but eventually stop. Phew.) so I'm getting new lenses and probably some new glasses too.
The pair I currently have, I'm worried they're too 'bookish' or something... Or my fashion-obsessed sisters say so anyway. So I was thinking about trying a different style of frames :/
But I don't know what would be good, and have no one to ask for a second opinion.
Plus, my face doesn't cooperate with glasses by conforming (not that it has to, just that the glasses/do/) to the average assumed face shape: it's kinda square, with a giant jaw and chin and nose that isn't like, straight...it curves down... I can't find a good example except those super old photos of grumpy Victorian girls, or those paintings where all the girls have chins and cheeks etc or vintage Halloween witch masks :/

Or, are the current ones fine...? Hmmmm.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 09:36:28 PM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #6283 on: June 03, 2015, 09:42:56 PM »
I got another eye test yesterday, and my sight has dropped a few more notches in quality (it's gone from perfect vision last June, to needing glasses to legally drive by August, now the current glasses are ineffective, and Doc says it will probably get worse but eventually stop. Phew.) so I'm getting new lenses and probably some new glasses too.
The pair I currently have, I'm worried they're too 'bookish' or something... Or my fashion-obsessed sisters say so anyway. So I was thinking about trying a different style of frames :/
But I don't know what would be good, and have no one to ask for a second opinion.
Plus, my face doesn't cooperate with glasses by confirming to the average assumed face shape: it's kinda square, with a giant jaw and chin and nose that isn't like, straight...it curves down... I can't find a good example except those super old photos of grumpy Victorian girls, or those paintings where all the girls have chins and cheeks etc or vintage Halloween witch masks :/

Or, are the current ones fine...? Hmmmm.

I can sympathize with eyesight problems  :-\. The only advice I have for frames is find a store that has a huge selection and just keep trying them on until you find some that you like. I'd bring a friend, because I'm sure you know it's hard to see yourself in the mirror without your glasses on, and friends are great for bouncing ideas off of. My mom and I both wear glasses, and we've spent hours in stores trying to find a good pair of frames. My current frames were made by a company called Fysh, which I really like. They've got a variety of styles that are simple enough for everyday use, but have interesting details on them.

Good luck with your glasses exploits!
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #6284 on: June 03, 2015, 09:54:55 PM »
I can sympathize with eyesight problems  :-\. The only advice I have for frames is find a store that has a huge selection and just keep trying them on until you find some that you like. I'd bring a friend, because I'm sure you know it's hard to see yourself in the mirror without your glasses on, and friends are great for bouncing ideas off of. My mom and I both wear glasses, and we've spent hours in stores trying to find a good pair of frames. My current frames were made by a company called Fysh, which I really like. They've got a variety of styles that are simple enough for everyday use, but have interesting details on them.

Good luck with your glasses exploits!
Ohh! Mine are Fysh too! :D they're purple~
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16: