Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387882 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #6195 on: June 02, 2015, 01:17:37 PM »
oH MY GODS YES TRDELNIKY i could probably sell my soul for a trdelnik
Today is a good day to discover new words and... There is cinnamon inside ? I have to taste !
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #6196 on: June 02, 2015, 01:19:39 PM »
you'll know where to find me.

Viisikielinenkantele

• Scout
  • Sometimes creative
« Reply #6197 on: June 02, 2015, 01:22:16 PM »
I AM ALIVE! Okay,barely after three hours of birthday party with 3 and 4 year old girls....Now a bed would be good but our conducter asked me if I can lead the rehearsal tonight. Oh good. And there are still holidays here, so both kids will be at home tomorrow, getting up at 5 and demanding entertainment. Sometimes life as an adult sucks.
Native: :germany:
Mostly fluent: :uk: / :usa:
Rusty: :finland:
almost forgotten: :italy:, :estonia:, :vaticancity:
learning: :sweden:

"People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing." (Florence Foster Jenkins)

:chap5: :chap6:  :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #6198 on: June 02, 2015, 01:25:02 PM »
I WAS JUST GOING TO SAY THAT. Oh well, great minds think alike etc.  ;D

*virtual high five* :D

they taste like heaven

Now I'm hungry.
They look like bracelets made of bread.

I AM ALIVE! Okay,barely after three hours of birthday party with 3 and 4 year old girls....Now a bed would be good but our conducter asked me if I can lead the rehearsal tonight. Oh good. And there are still holidays here, so both kids will be at home tomorrow, getting up at 5 and demanding entertainment. Sometimes life as an adult sucks.

Wow. Hang on there! I recommend caffeine, lots of it. D:
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Mélusine

« Reply #6199 on: June 02, 2015, 01:26:35 PM »
I AM ALIVE! Okay,barely after three hours of birthday party with 3 and 4 year old girls...
The nightmare of the parents I know. Congratulations for being still alive ;)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #6200 on: June 02, 2015, 01:32:51 PM »
Now I'm hungry.
They look like bracelets made of bread.

Not bread, pastry with sugar and almonds roasted over coals.

I'm not a big fan of sweet stuff but trdelniks are great.

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #6201 on: June 02, 2015, 01:33:48 PM »
Not bread, pastry with sugar and almonds roasted over coals.

I'm not a big fan of sweet stuff but trdelniks are great.

Now I'm hungrier.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

FinnishViking

• Scout
  • Slender and sleep deprived
« Reply #6202 on: June 02, 2015, 01:36:44 PM »

These quotes makes me happy to be the youngest child  :D

Being adult is tiresome sometimes, but it has its perks too.

Mélusine

« Reply #6203 on: June 02, 2015, 01:39:00 PM »
Now I'm hungry.
I'm hungry too. And it's absolutely not the same kind of food but I just remembered the... brown cheese (No idea of the name it could have.) my best friend had brought back from Norway. I'm wondering if I could find it somewhere in Paris, maybe...

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #6204 on: June 02, 2015, 01:40:29 PM »
they taste like heaven

Seems so legit :0

Anyways, a Spanish (more like catalan, heh) thing like the trdelniky thing is the xuxo (suso in Castilian) And is this beautiful thing. Maybe this one is the only one I know that is from Spain hehe XD I still think is from the Canary Islands what the heck
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #6205 on: June 02, 2015, 01:42:21 PM »
"Strč prst skrz krk," I hiss at it in return
Ah, shibboleth-flinging. :P

As far as Europe is concerned, the frequency of vowels has a quite clear-cut East-West gradient. Reportedly, the bane of Spanish pupils learning German is "Angstschrei" (scream of terror), with only three vowels, and dangling off the ends to boot. :)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #6206 on: June 02, 2015, 01:44:26 PM »
I'm hungry too. And it's absolutely not the same kind of food but I just remembered the... brown cheese (No idea of the name it could have.) my best friend had brought back from Norway. I'm wondering if I could find it somewhere in Paris, maybe...

Brunost is the name in Norwegian, and it literally means brown cheese. Whey cheese could be another term, since it's technically made from whey rather than curds.

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #6207 on: June 02, 2015, 01:47:32 PM »

On the cheese subject: my dad once got a french cheese as a gift from a friend, I think it was a Camembert? It smelled funny, but it was good. Isn't it France that has the "really good cheese" reputation?

Seems so legit :0

Anyways, a Spanish (more like catalan, heh) thing like the trdelniky thing is the xuxo (suso in Castilian) And is this beautiful thing. Maybe this one is the only one I know that is from Spain hehe XD I still think is from the Canary Islands what the heck

This looks a little like grostoli. I don't know where grostoli is from, I think it was invented by the italian immigrants that came to Brazil in the late 1800's.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 01:49:35 PM by Daéa Reina »

Mélusine

« Reply #6208 on: June 02, 2015, 01:50:44 PM »
Brunost is the name in Norwegian, and it literally means brown cheese. Whey cheese could be another term, since it's technically made from whey rather than curds.
Yes ! This ! The only time he succeeded to make me eat cheese (Ok, special cheese) at 5PM before a cup of tea ^^

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #6209 on: June 02, 2015, 01:51:15 PM »
It smelled funny, but it was good. Isn't it France that has the "really good cheese" reputation?

I'd say it's more of a reputation for having "really strange, moldy and weirdly discoloured cheeses".