Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387319 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #6165 on: June 02, 2015, 05:59:06 AM »
aaaaaaaaaaa omg I got the job aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
YEAH ! :D Congratulations, Emil !
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • my real name is Emil but you can call me Emil
  • Preferred pronouns: *incoherent screaming*
« Reply #6166 on: June 02, 2015, 06:30:33 AM »
YEAH ! :D Congratulations, Emil !

Thanks!
And the pay isn't shabby either, so I'm like, ecstatic and stuff! I got so much to buy, like a new couch, a new desk, a TV and ultimately a Wii U/PS4 so I can finally host party game nights and stuff (and also play the exclusives for those consoles!!)

I should proooobably not think too much on that though, it's not high priority. Need to calm down and focus on doing my job and stuffffff

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #6167 on: June 02, 2015, 08:35:32 AM »
Aside from the fact that we on the forum know you and care about you
be careful about saying stuff like this because I got Very Emotional reading this sdkjsdjbssdksdk

aaaaaaaaaaa omg I got the job aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
WEHEY AWESOME
hi fives u

KicknRun: ahahh looting through old stuff is incredibly fun, I rummaged through some drawings from kindergarten not very long ago... I didn't know I drew that many snakes. Also, your character reboot is really cool O:

the ADULT QUEST continues;
today was just a meeting to show me around and find out what the heck I'm gonna do and signing papers and stuff. I've been asked by many people if I know what I'll be doing at the hotel, but it turns out they don't know what I'll be doing, either. I mean, they'll find something for me, but I'm not like, needed. Which means I AM REYNIR
...... but with czech minimum wage and free food
but yeah I'll be doing stuff in the administrations, some housekeeping probably, and I miiight get to stand in the reception if I get all the green outta my hair. ha ha ha

i was very lightheaded and weak after that, but that's when I realized I had eaten nothing but a few cashew nuts for breakfast and nothing else. Not because I am a breakfast skipping person, but because there's literally nothing else in the apartment. sooooooooo.......... guess it's time for a grocery shopping sidequest
you'll know where to find me.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #6168 on: June 02, 2015, 08:49:39 AM »
i was very lightheaded and weak after that, but that's when I realized I had eaten nothing but a few cashew nuts for breakfast and nothing else. Not because I am a breakfast skipping person, but because there's literally nothing else in the apartment. sooooooooo.......... guess it's time for a grocery shopping sidequest

You went into battle with an empty stomach? People have been flogged for less (and then flogged some more for the heck of it). Well, at least you acknowledge the error and seek to remedy it. Next time you will be prepared for everything.

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #6169 on: June 02, 2015, 08:51:12 AM »
Woohoo! Grocery shopping side quest! Go Haiz! You can do it! //retrieves Pom-poms for proper cheering section//
Have I mentioned yet that I'm following every post of your Adult Quest avidly, even if I haven't posted to say so? //lives with her parents still and finds the entire quest amazingly exciting//

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #6170 on: June 02, 2015, 08:51:38 AM »
the ADULT QUEST continues;
today was just a meeting to show me around and find out what the heck I'm gonna do and signing papers and stuff. I've been asked by many people if I know what I'll be doing at the hotel, but it turns out they don't know what I'll be doing, either. I mean, they'll find something for me, but I'm not like, needed. Which means I AM REYNIR
but yeah I'll be doing stuff in the administrations, some housekeeping probably, and I miiight get to stand in the reception if I get all the green outta my hair. ha ha ha

*Laughs at your "I AM REYNIR"* A friend gave me this role this week-end, but for an other reason ^^
More seriously, it may be a good and a bad thing in the same time, maybe bad for self-esteem, but good because you'll learn more quietly than if they expected you'll know all and have consider they have nothing to add, you'll work perfectly.
Oh, and : eat. It's not the time to feel faint :) Good quest !
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #6171 on: June 02, 2015, 08:58:30 AM »
Which means I AM REYNIR

Reynir's probably also getting free food but you're still ahead of him for actually getting paid! Btw long history of dyeing my hair crazy colours has taught me one thing: green never comes out. Your only chance may be to dye it brown.

I'm going to add to the queue of people telling you off for not eating: you do not not eat. Nope.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Chizu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Potatoes you will potate!
« Reply #6172 on: June 02, 2015, 10:38:49 AM »
Pfft food?! I have tons of it. My eating habbits go from oh ...I forgot to eat...since yesterday. . . meh I am fine....then 3 days later I wonder why my stomach is making unholy sounds as if it's trying to summon lord Satan. I do love food, I just kind of forget to eat it, hence why my trousers are always too big for me...

On a side note have any of you got ferrets? I am supposed to be getting a little one in about a month...so I was wondering if there are any of you who could share sage advices with me. (already done quite a vast research....but still)

koalalou

• Scout
« Reply #6173 on: June 02, 2015, 11:02:00 AM »
Urgh I have an appointment with my college's disability office today. Wish me luck guys--because my social anxiety is probably gonna have a field day > A<

Chizu no ferrets (never was allowed to have one) but I do have a ridiculously long-bodied cat that looks vaguely like a weasel when she sits up in what's normally seen as a dog's 'begging' pose (to see over stuff) and likes to nip at my toes in the morning to wake me up to feed her.
Not sure if that counts, but that's as close as I've ever gotten, personally xP
So, no sage advice here--but definitely some well-wishing! :)

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Chizu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Potatoes you will potate!
« Reply #6174 on: June 02, 2015, 11:06:05 AM »
Urgh I have an appointment with my college's disability office today. Wish me luck guys--because my social anxiety is probably gonna have a field day > A<

Chizu no ferrets (never was allowed to have one) but I do have a ridiculously long-bodied cat that looks vaguely like a weasel when she sits up in what's normally seen as a dog's 'begging' pose (to see over stuff) and likes to nip at my toes in the morning to wake me up to feed her.
Not sure if that counts, but that's as close as I've ever gotten, personally xP
So, no sage advice here--but definitely some well-wishing! :)

Social Anxiety is a downright inner bully. Music usually helps, some happy tunes also just trying not to care.
Argh thanks. I used to have a few cats when I was living with my parents. They're such selfish evil buggers, but I like them. See that's what you should do if you have social anxiety. Just imagine you're a cat and automatically everything becomes better.

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #6175 on: June 02, 2015, 12:05:56 PM »

augh, good luck, crossing my fingers for you!!

Reynir's probably also getting free food
but he IS the food

and don't worry everyone, I stuffed myself full of chinese food right afterwards. I'm actually pretty good at eating regularly, but it's hard to do when there is no food to eat...... and i was a little too paralyzed by worry-about-everything to notice any hunger, anyway. But a grocery acquirement sidequest later, I do, in fact, have food now!!!

but phew that was more than enough awkward flailing around in the public today. I hope. I lived up to my motto of doing simple things as complicated as possible, namely by walking to the shopping mall (placement of which I had only a vague recollection, yet the knowledge that it is something like five bus stops away), and then did some weird bus-taking acrobatics on the way back. but hey it worked

- i found DANDELION WATER i love dandelion water

- i can never escape
Spoiler: show

maybe im just getting overly sensitive to norwegian flags

- if anyone is wondering what a rohlik is, it's these:
Spoiler: show

ok wow that is not a quality picture at all im sorry.
they are so good and cost almost nothing at all, and that's just the beginning of the bread aisle. i love the bread aisle i almost started crying with joy. don't go to the bread aisle while hungry

also i forgot to mention how warm it is. it's warm

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #6176 on: June 02, 2015, 12:11:58 PM »
Those rohliks look like baguettes... And it's true, don't ever go through the bread aisle or near the bakery when hungry, this is pure torture. XD
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #6177 on: June 02, 2015, 12:17:50 PM »

maybe im just getting overly sensitive to norwegian flags[/spoiler]

- if anyone is wondering what a rohlik is, it's these:

ok wow that is not a quality picture at all im sorry.[/spoiler] they are so good and cost almost nothing at all, and that's just the beginning of the bread aisle. i love the bread aisle i almost started crying with joy. don't go to the bread aisle while hungry

also i forgot to mention how warm it is. it's warm

*looks away because has an obsession with Norwegian things, even the flag* Hehe...

And that rohlik(?) makes me hungry
Hahah never look to food when you come from school and you're hungry-
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #6178 on: June 02, 2015, 12:19:44 PM »
Those rohliks look like baguettes... And it's true, don't ever go through the bread aisle or near the bakery when hungry, this is pure torture. XD
they are almost baguettes, but not really? they are much lighter and ugh their shape isnt very visible on the photo, but they are a kind of... roll of dough?? they are probably the least nutritional food in the world and the absolute most basic food there is. they are a very important aspect of czech culture. i love rohliky
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 12:21:30 PM by Haiz »

koalalou

• Scout
« Reply #6179 on: June 02, 2015, 12:23:56 PM »
Chizu there will be much music-listening-to on my way there xP I've also found that it helps lol

Haiz thanks! and omg why did you have to get me started thinking about food (specifically bread) now my stomach is grumbling xD

Boop-boop-ba-doop~