Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2409247 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #6135 on: June 01, 2015, 01:35:24 PM »
Is there something special about Norwegian chocolate?  I guess its reputation hasn't reached the U.S.  Here, Swiss and Belgian chocolate are the best-known.

it's just the most best. Swiss and Belgian chocolate keep the reputation throughout Europe as well, but.... Freia milk chocolate is just reallyreally good. But that's subjective, anyhow. I prefer it over Milka and Orion, the brands they sell over in Czech.

I feel like the mostbestness of our freia chocolate is a bit of an injoke to us norwegians, pfhaha

About that au nobody asked for: tuuri driving one of those indoor vehicles. Sigrun decidedly NOT getting to drive one... She gets roller blades. Mikkel should not be allowed to man the speakers, due to his danish accent and tendency for pranks, but nobody has stopped him yet. Reynir has learnt NOT to get his braid stuck in the baggage belts. I have no idea where to place Emil and Lalli yet, probably working at the safety control thing?? Who knows. It's not like Lalli enjoys working at an airport anyhow
you'll know where to find me.

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #6136 on: June 01, 2015, 01:36:59 PM »
Somehow this thread always turns into a discussion about food xD

This thread should be the food thread-
Alright, no, just joking XD

Anyways, I like any type of food chocolate. Mostly with mint. But I don't have a specific one heh
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #6137 on: June 01, 2015, 02:18:49 PM »

About that au nobody asked for: tuuri driving one of those indoor vehicles. Sigrun decidedly NOT getting to drive one... She gets roller blades. Mikkel should not be allowed to man the speakers, due to his danish accent and tendency for pranks, but nobody has stopped him yet. Reynir has learnt NOT to get his braid stuck in the baggage belts. I have no idea where to place Emil and Lalli yet, probably working at the safety control thing?? Who knows. It's not like Lalli enjoys working at an airport anyhow

Lalli is taking repeated rides on the moving walk way in a different terminal
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #6138 on: June 01, 2015, 02:36:50 PM »
How do you people usually begin essays?

I just need some examples.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #6139 on: June 01, 2015, 02:38:56 PM »

Emil is obviously working at the in-hairport salon, what else?

...If the airport doesn't have one, then he's like, the beautiful flight attendant on all the ads
YEET

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #6140 on: June 01, 2015, 02:41:07 PM »

Depends of what are you going to do, I can help or not-.
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #6141 on: June 01, 2015, 02:41:38 PM »

Without knowing what the essay's about, that's a tricky one. In general, I'd say start with an opening paragraph that outlines, very briefly, the main points/arguments of your essay. No more than a sentence or two per point, but that depends upon the length of the essay and how in depth it goes. Try asking on the academic help thread? Might be someone there with better advice.
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
« Reply #6142 on: June 01, 2015, 02:45:06 PM »
No its not for the academic help thread I'm writing a fake essay as a prologue for a story. Its a history essay for a world with superpowers, focus on the history of powers.

ALSO- power to me, I have a fairly detailed outline. Like 200% more outline than your regular outline
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 02:53:05 PM by KicknRun »

Icon drawn by Piney

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #6143 on: June 01, 2015, 03:05:07 PM »
So I just got back from the doctor only to find that some poor bird had expired in our driveway after what we assume was a collision with a window in the time we were gone. I, of course, was put on body disposal because everyone else was suddenly very busy.

This does not bode well for the rest of my evening.

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #6144 on: June 01, 2015, 03:14:01 PM »
So I just got back from the doctor only to find that some poor bird had expired in our driveway after what we assume was a collision with a window in the time we were gone. I, of course, was put on body disposal because everyone else was suddenly very busy.

This does not bode well for the rest of my evening.

This sounds so much like the casual beginning of a fantastic adventure. Perhaps this is a good sign. Maybe you were chosen to be the next bird-mage, the one who help them to get to the bird path, where they keep on flying forever and fulfilling their bird duties.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #6145 on: June 01, 2015, 03:17:11 PM »
You are lucky, when me and Chizu were flying back from Bulgaria we were late for our flight so in a rush, suitcase was a couple of kilos overweight and we didn't have time to try and re-organise or anything, so an extra 90 Euro fee got slapped on.  No sympathy from the staff at all.
Makes one wonder whether emptying the suitcase on the floor right then and there and setting the pile of cloth alight might be the proper method of reeducation. :P
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #6146 on: June 01, 2015, 03:32:52 PM »
Speaking of airports, I have this stuck in my head every time I go to one.

I guess the lesson here is... don't brake stuff that belongs to people capable of creating catchy songs ;)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #6147 on: June 01, 2015, 03:34:32 PM »
No its not for the academic help thread I'm writing a fake essay as a prologue for a story. Its a history essay for a world with superpowers, focus on the history of powers.

ALSO- power to me, I have a fairly detailed outline. Like 200% more outline than your regular outline

Ooh, I see. Have people always had these powers or do they just sort of appear one day? Because if it's the latter, then you could try a sort of potted before-and-after paragraph. As in: "The world of [day before superpowers] was like this, this and this. Then everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Now people have superpowers, it's all different in this way, this way and that way. This essay aims to provide a brief overview of the turbulent years since The Event." Chuck in a quote from a famous politican about expecting the unexpected at the start and you're good to go.

Just a suggestion, and I may have completely the wrong end of the stick w.r.t. your story's universe.
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #6148 on: June 01, 2015, 03:41:07 PM »
This sounds so much like the casual beginning of a fantastic adventure. Perhaps this is a good sign. Maybe you were chosen to be the next bird-mage, the one who help them to get to the bird path, where they keep on flying forever and fulfilling their bird duties.
And one day the silly little things will get a little off-track and misplace the souls of an entire Finnish village and a boy and his dog will have to--
Wait

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
« Reply #6149 on: June 01, 2015, 03:43:47 PM »
Ooh, I see. Have people always had these powers or do they just sort of appear one day? Because if it's the latter, then you could try a sort of potted before-and-after paragraph. As in: "The world of [day before superpowers] was like this, this and this. Then everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Now people have superpowers, it's all different in this way, this way and that way. This essay aims to provide a brief overview of the turbulent years since The Event." Chuck in a quote from a famous politican about expecting the unexpected at the start and you're good to go.

Just a suggestion, and I may have completely the wrong end of the stick w.r.t. your story's universe.

They've always been there, just getting more common as the world goes on.  Say, 1% percent of the population at the begin of civilization(these are hypothesized to be the gods of each civilization, but people can get pretty fighty over it), and 76% today.(and getting slightly duilted as , but that's because I just Do Not want to deal with really powerful telepaths) And the history remains pretty much unchanged in the grand course of events because Reasons.

Icon drawn by Piney