Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2388030 times)

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #6090 on: June 01, 2015, 02:01:51 AM »
At least for me, when I did something similar, was to have been awake for the previous 48 hours.

Oh my Lord! O-O
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #6091 on: June 01, 2015, 02:14:05 AM »
At least for me, when I did something similar, was to have been awake for the previous 48 hours.
Reminds me of my highschool years
At least once every week I'd have an anxiety-induced episode of insomnia
It did not work well with my Adderall
No sleep+prescribed amphetamines made for a very manic Koala
I nearly shot someone with a staple-gun when we were making canvases in my Visual Arts class because I wasn't paying attention to where I was pointing it while I was talking
O vO

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #6092 on: June 01, 2015, 02:16:21 AM »
I nearly shot someone with a staple-gun when we were making canvases in my Visual Arts class because I wasn't paying attention to where I was pointing it while I was talking
O vO

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • my real name is Emil but you can call me Emil
  • Preferred pronouns: *incoherent screaming*
« Reply #6093 on: June 01, 2015, 04:00:54 AM »
I once went to sleep at 8pm one night, woke up the next night at 8 pm. I think I won.  ;D (evil laughter)

I accept this challenge!

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #6094 on: June 01, 2015, 05:39:14 AM »
So, um... What is this sleep you're talking about?

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #6095 on: June 01, 2015, 05:50:08 AM »
I am a very clever person, packing for a two month trip away from home just a few hours before I leave for the airport 8)

ok the packing isn't so bad. I'm more worried about... will I be able to feed myself anything other than pasta and rohliky. Will I ever find out how to operate a washing machine. How many times will I say singular 'you' to authority people and shopkeepers by accident. How will I adapt from temperatures around 10 to above 20. How will I get to the apartment
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 05:52:57 AM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #6096 on: June 01, 2015, 05:56:11 AM »
I am a very clever person, packing for a two month trip away from home just a few hours before I leave for the airport 8)

ok the packing isn't so bad. I'm more worried about... will I be able to feed myself anything other than pasta and rohliky. Will I ever find out how to operate a washing machine. How many times will I say singular 'you' to authority people and shopkeepers by accident. How will I adapt from temperatures around 10 to above 20. How will I get to the apartment

Answers: please do, probably, more often that you wish you had, hopefully asap and that'll be an adventure. :D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #6097 on: June 01, 2015, 06:08:41 AM »

This is a normal moment for packing. No ? ::)
And for the rest... all will be all right :) Laufey said everything, enjoy your adventure !
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #6098 on: June 01, 2015, 06:15:40 AM »
I had the most awesome weekend with my art group at our teacher's country house!

BUT

Now I'm back at school, and there's just wayyy too much stuff that has to be done. I have a gym essay (OF ALL THINGS) that has to be written by tonight, presentations in both maths and history tomorrow (and neither of them are anywhere near finished), a big Norwegian project that has to be done by tomorrow night, AND I might have to do a very very important physics test on Wednesday

I literally cannot see a way to do this. I'm going to fail, and it will have CONSEQUENCES (scaryyy)

Mélusine

« Reply #6099 on: June 01, 2015, 06:21:10 AM »
Now I'm back at school, and there's just wayyy too much stuff that has to be done. I have a gym essay (OF ALL THINGS) that has to be written by tonight, presentations in both maths and history tomorrow (and neither of them are anywhere near finished), a big Norwegian project that has to be done by tomorrow night, AND I might have to do a very very important physics test on Wednesday

I literally cannot see a way to do this. I'm going to fail, and it will have CONSEQUENCES (scaryyy)
You'll do your best, for everything :) Breath deeply, begin with the most urgent. Tea ? *Holds out a mug*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #6100 on: June 01, 2015, 06:26:05 AM »
This is a normal moment for packing. No ? ::)
TRUE, but I think maybe I should've started earlier, at least with checking Important Documents (i just found out my czech citizenship card has the corner chipped off... It's the old card, where my last name still ends in -ová. When you do the bureaucracy quest in another country than your own, spanning many months.... You forget what you have and haven't done. Woops.)

at least my packing skills are way superior to Tuuri's! Even if... I think bringing my kalimba is a great idea.... I did convince myself to leave the elf coat behind at least.

Sigrid: *hugs* that sounds super stressful :c :c :c choose the Most Important thing to do and concentrate on it first!! Trying to do everything at once won't be helpful at all I think

you'll know where to find me.

Mélusine

« Reply #6101 on: June 01, 2015, 06:39:08 AM »
at least my packing skills are way superior to Tuuri's! Even if... I think bringing my kalimba is a great idea.... I did convince myself to leave the elf coat behind at least.
You're speaking to the person who had a whole second outfit including other shoes "just if I can't wear what I want to wear" for a two-hours meeting and who spent her week-end with two notebooks, one to three books, a printed novel, an umbrella and too much others things in her bag to have needles and wool too, so, you know, just an elf coat... ::)
Oh ! :D *Discovering what a kalimba is*

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #6102 on: June 01, 2015, 07:00:13 AM »
Oh god, packing! *dives under blankets and peers out nervously Lalli-style* Guys, let me know when the coast is clear.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #6103 on: June 01, 2015, 07:05:07 AM »
I remember throwing a towel and some other stuff away to make room for flapjacks in my bag when I returned from England. Packing is a bother, it's best to bring the bare minimum of stuff.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #6104 on: June 01, 2015, 07:16:29 AM »
Oh god, packing! *dives under blankets and peers out nervously Lalli-style* Guys, let me know when the coast is clear.

Sssoooooooo... have you packed yet? *eyebrow waggle*

I remember throwing a towel and some other stuff away to make room for flapjacks in my bag when I returned from England. Packing is a bother, it's best to bring the bare minimum of stuff.

Yup, one uni year in England pretty much ended with shouting randomly at the other flatmates "Does anyone want a good umbrella? It's yours - I got some glasses, plates, pots and a pan too, cheap ones but does - here you go, anyone need books X, Y and Z and I think I don't need this thesaur- oh someone took them already -" and I still ended up with luggage somewhat over the weight limit (the airport lady took pity on me though).

On the bright side I didn't have to throw away almost anything at all.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: