Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387400 times)

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #6060 on: May 31, 2015, 06:14:38 PM »
sorry for being so sour since I see you guys are in good mood now but
Well I guess it's official now

My precious baby tablet is no longer working.

Not the end of the world, no, but GOD I HAVE SO MANY UNFINISHED ARTWORKS. And now I have to wait?? ?? Before being able to finish them?
??? ??? asdfghjk
Ugh it's going to be a while before I get another tablet, tho hopefully it'll be a couple of weeks at most. But damn, am I unused to doodling on regular paper :D but I don't own a scanner

So folks, there'll be no fanart or original art from me for a lil while unless a miracle happens

Oh noooooo! I'm so sorry, that is one of the worst things that could happen ;_; I've been drawing almost exclusively digitally for only a week and it's already weird to be doing traditional. Where is my undo button
YEET

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #6061 on: May 31, 2015, 06:19:27 PM »
all of you guys are so at ease with digital art and... i filled out my umpteenth sketchbook this week. The one I started on the plane to wales, actually. it's 90% SSSS drawings. Not sure if I have ever filled out a sketchbook this quick.

and I spent so long and struggled so much with that magesona drawing that was digital from scratch?? it felt like i was about to fall into the void any second
you'll know where to find me.

FinnishViking

• Scout
  • Slender and sleep deprived
« Reply #6062 on: May 31, 2015, 06:21:00 PM »
all of you guys are so at ease with digital art and... i filled out my umpteenth sketchbook this week. The one I started on my plane to wales, actually. it's 90% SSSS drawings. Not sure if I have ever filled out a sketchbook this quick.

and I spent so long and struggled so much with that magesona drawing that was digital from scratch?? it felt like i was about to fall into the void any second

Ehh i work with ordinary printer paper so my drawings end up filling my table and chairs piling up ever higher.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #6063 on: May 31, 2015, 06:21:20 PM »
My precious baby tablet is no longer working.

Oh no, so sorry to hear that. D: You have all my sympathies, remember to not rely on ctrl+z too much if you try going trad.  :-\
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #6064 on: May 31, 2015, 06:21:38 PM »
Urgh
I can also empathize with that (going back a few posts)
My tablet AND laptop broke almost a year ago now, and I actually went into a no-drawing slump for a while just because drawing with paper and pencil was so hard to get back into the swing of--just keep doodling nonsense until it started to feel more natural again > A< no matter how long it takes (still only just getting back into it, myself)

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #6065 on: May 31, 2015, 06:26:08 PM »
all of you guys are so at ease with digital art and... i filled out my umpteenth sketchbook this week. The one I started on the plane to wales, actually. it's 90% SSSS drawings. Not sure if I have ever filled out a sketchbook this quick.

I'm still getting used to it, to be honest, and there are a lot of holes and gaps that don't quite translate from my traditional to digital drawings? I haven't filled mine (it's the 13th that I'm filling entirely with a chronological manner of proceeding, I have about 20 more with just random pieces and bits filled) entirely yet but I'm still surprised that with as little time as I've had I managed to get over half of the book done in 2 months.

To be honest, though, I feel like I'm on the edge of the void whenever I do a digital draw that I don't have a VERY specific image in mind for. Reynyx/starry reynir/avatar reynir was one of the first that I haven't been thinking "now what on earth am I doing here" for over 75% of the time. (It only really got funky on the hair, ahaha)
YEET

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #6066 on: May 31, 2015, 06:38:52 PM »
I'm not used to digital art in the least (I can't even choose a program to use, FTW) But I drew a comic! Of sorts

The bottom image says

I'm so ready to write!
25 min later.... Blank Page Blank Page
I'm so not ready to write.

I'm very very new at this whole writing thing, but I'm pretty sure this is how it'll be like, now and forever.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #6067 on: May 31, 2015, 06:41:57 PM »

I'm so ready to write!
25 min later.... Blank Page Blank Page
I'm so not ready to write.

I'm very very new at this whole writing thing, but I'm pretty sure this is how it'll be like, now and forever.
I'm not new at the whole writing thing, but that is still accurate for me... me writing a less-than-3k-words chapter of the dumb high school fic takes a wHOLE DAY. even when I know exactly what I want to write. Whenever I write a sentence I go outside to run around in the garden or something, and I drink probably 20 cups of tea per page

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #6068 on: May 31, 2015, 06:46:07 PM »
The one I started on the plane to wales, actually..
Um.. Where in Wales?
Actually, hang on, we've only got one international airport.. Cardiff, right?

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #6069 on: May 31, 2015, 06:48:19 PM »

Story of my life told in two images...
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #6070 on: May 31, 2015, 06:48:50 PM »
Um.. Where in Wales?
Actually, hang on, we've only got one international airport.. Cardiff, right?
*facepalms* i keep saying plane to wales, but we actually flew to Gatwick in London........... but we drove to Wales after that.

wales travelogue posts + pics on my tumblr

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #6071 on: May 31, 2015, 06:51:49 PM »
*facepalms* i keep saying plane to wales, but we actually flew to Gatwick in London........... but we drove to Wales after that.

Same for me actually, though I took the train. I don't think I would survive driving in England (they drive on the wrong side of the road after all).

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #6072 on: May 31, 2015, 06:56:14 PM »

Yeah, Wales isn't the best for air travel. .-.
Also, ohmygod you were in Llanelli and Cardiff and that looked like Gower and Rhaglan Castle and Tenby I think? All those childhood landmarks of mine on the internets, jeez. You probably drove straight through Swansea to get to Llanelli from London, right?
(I'll shut up about Wales in a sec, but it's *most cool* that people visit (and take photos of) basically the area I grew up in.

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #6073 on: May 31, 2015, 07:01:12 PM »
I'm not used to digital art in the least (I can't even choose a program to use, FTW) But I drew a comic! Of sorts

I RELATED SO MUCH THAT YOU TRIGGERED MY ART REFLEX

Spoiler: handwriting translation • show

"I WANNA DRAW"
yeah, drawing, woo
yessssss (dates page, 5/31)
5/31
I don't want to draw
YEET

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #6074 on: May 31, 2015, 07:03:43 PM »
Yeah, Wales isn't the best for air travel. .-.
Also, ohmygod you were in Llanelli and Cardiff and that looked like Gower and Rhaglan Castle and Tenby I think? All those childhood landmarks of mine on the internets, jeez. You probably drove straight through Swansea to get to Llanelli from London, right?
(I'll shut up about Wales in a sec, but it's *most cool* that people visit (and take photos of) basically the area I grew up in.
ahahaha it's almost like Gwenno's reaction, too, back when I was actually there and posted about it here or in the pictures thread... I have no remembrance of what we drove through or not, because I'm getting pretty good at falling asleep instantly in the backseat of cars. it's a skill honed through mUCH SITTING iN CARS FOR VERY LONG PERIODS OF TIME

Rhaglan castle we definitely visited though, that I remember! Tenby MAYBE... I don't remember all the castle names, and if I didn't write them it is lost to me forever (i could probably check the photo albums aheheh)

i don't remember how Llanelli is pronounced anymore. We asked someone, but it was so... hlehfhflhehly....

Curry: ......reLATABLE. also always getting the most motivation to draw things on the bus or right before falling asleep
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 07:05:18 PM by Haiz »