Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2411023 times)

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #5745 on: May 27, 2015, 11:31:44 AM »
I just finished my English essay on Hamlet and I think I did better than usual, but that's not saying much, because I'm kind of terrible at writing essays? Oh well, I'm still kind of shaky and nervous (almost ran out of time before I could finish?) but EVERYTHING IS OK and none of the rest of my classes have anything today. I said Shakespeare approximately 40 times so. Deeeefinitely a good essay, suuuuuure...
YEET

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • my real name is Emil but you can call me Emil
  • Preferred pronouns: *incoherent screaming*
« Reply #5746 on: May 27, 2015, 11:31:55 AM »
yessss they gave me a call and wanted an interview on tuesday this is great

I just finished my English essay on Hamlet and I think I did better than usual, but that's not saying much, because I'm kind of terrible at writing essays? Oh well, I'm still kind of shaky and nervous (almost ran out of time before I could finish?) but EVERYTHING IS OK and none of the rest of my classes have anything today. I said Shakespeare approximately 40 times so. Deeeefinitely a good essay, suuuuuure...

I remember my oral english exam went something like "Shakespeare Shakespeare something something Shakespeare"
Grats on finishing it! gud jab!

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #5747 on: May 27, 2015, 11:34:27 AM »

hoorays for all

also hi fives curry for being most best at Professional Academic Writing
you'll know where to find me.

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #5748 on: May 27, 2015, 11:44:06 AM »
yessss they gave me a call and wanted an interview on tuesday this is great

Well done with that.  I have been chucking out job apps for a while and nearly all of them get no response, the ones that do get responses are all rejections before I even make it to the interview stage...

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #5749 on: May 27, 2015, 11:48:51 AM »
I remember my oral english exam went something like "Shakespeare Shakespeare something something Shakespeare"
Grats on finishing it! gud jab!

Ahaha, my oral was... interesting. "Color and Class in the Great Gatsby", aka how LITERALLY EVERY COLOR MEANS 15 THINGS
I got really nervous and I stuttered a lot BUT I knew what I was talking about so it averaged out to a B in the end • v •
YEET

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • my real name is Emil but you can call me Emil
  • Preferred pronouns: *incoherent screaming*
« Reply #5750 on: May 27, 2015, 11:50:16 AM »
Well done with that.  I have been chucking out job apps for a while and nearly all of them get no response, the ones that do get responses are all rejections before I even make it to the interview stage...

Ah man that sucks, big time... What kinda jobs were you applying for, if you don't mind me asking?

Ahaha, my oral was... interesting. "Color and Class in the Great Gatsby", aka how LITERALLY EVERY COLOR MEANS 15 THINGS
I got really nervous and I stuttered a lot BUT I knew what I was talking about so it averaged out to a B in the end • v •

That's great! I stuttered a lot too, I've never been much of a speaker, really.

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #5751 on: May 27, 2015, 11:54:44 AM »
Ah man that sucks, big time... What kinda jobs were you applying for, if you don't mind me asking?

Lab tech mainly, but sometimes others if they catch my interest or I am feeling particularly desperate. 

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #5752 on: May 27, 2015, 11:55:11 AM »
It's okay, I spoke a sentence in Spanish in my Welsh oral the other day and I'm not even sure if they noticed because I was muttering so quietly. .-.

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #5753 on: May 27, 2015, 12:13:12 PM »
So it's rainy and windy today, and the cold has returned. Now it really feels like autumn.

Congratulations to everyone on their papers and presentations!

Good luck, Emil! :)

And Koeshi, I know how you feel... I'm still unemployed, got no response from the jobs I applied to. Sometimes it's a matter of time, I think?
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #5754 on: May 27, 2015, 01:24:12 PM »
And Koeshi, I know how you feel... I'm still unemployed, got no response from the jobs I applied to. Sometimes it's a matter of time, I think?

We can but hope so.  I don't know how it is in Brazil, but if you are looking for something to tide you over until you can get a better job, bar work normally isn't that difficult to find.  At least it hasn't been for me, but I have been working the bar since I was old enough so maybe I have an advantage there.

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #5755 on: May 27, 2015, 03:06:02 PM »
May I say something? Yeah why do I ask even. :P

Well, just saying that school is going to over really soon and I'll be not too online because of final exams. But don't worry, just 1 week and is over. Also, this weekend I'm going to dance for the end of this school year. The dance is really strange and I don't really like the song that we chose but I have to deal with it. (If you're asking which song is, is this one.)

Anyways, that's all heh.
(And I need a hug right now. Don't ask. Just... I need one)
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #5756 on: May 27, 2015, 03:10:15 PM »
*hug* Good luck for your final exams! And from my experience, school dances tend to be weird by default.  ::)
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #5757 on: May 27, 2015, 03:11:30 PM »
Anyways, that's all heh.
(And I need a hug right now. Don't ask. Just... I need one)

......... wrong hug

there we go. you'll be allright kid
you'll know where to find me.

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #5758 on: May 27, 2015, 03:12:35 PM »
Dancing is the worst, but good luck anyway! Come back and complain about how awful it was. :3

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #5759 on: May 27, 2015, 03:47:13 PM »
*hug* Good luck for your final exams! And from my experience, school dances tend to be weird by default.  ::)

*hugs back* Thank you! And as I see, our is not weird at all. You have to see from the other grades! Those are weird as heck XD

......... wrong hug

there we go. you'll be allright kid

*hugs back, twice(?)* Hehe I'm sure i'll be!  :D

Dancing is the worst, but good luck anyway! Come back and complain about how awful it was. :3

Yeah, I agree so much with that, and thanks! And I'll do it, don't worry XD
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_