Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410459 times)

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • my real name is Emil but you can call me Emil
  • Preferred pronouns: *incoherent screaming*
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #5595 on: May 22, 2015, 07:20:03 PM »
Same here and we don't even have oil (shhhhhh I know we borked up the economy real good a while ago). Last time I visited Sweden I went onto a total shopping spree... they've got my holy land of cheap clothes, the H&M.

Oh yesss Sweden is like, SUPER cheap, it's like the only place where I feel confident in my economy. Should move closer to the border so I can get some nice swag from the occasional border crossing, cheap candy and alcohol for everyone!

God I wanna learn to play the saxophone! It's a really nice instrument.

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #5596 on: May 22, 2015, 07:20:56 PM »
...yes. Bookshops are like that, they're safe havens. The moment the rash strikes I'll barricade myself into the nearest Eymundssons.

Well, the current SSSS expedition seems like it will be the grand tour demonstrating how this will end (hint:probably poorly)

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #5597 on: May 22, 2015, 07:22:25 PM »
Same here and we don't even have oil (shhhhhh I know we borked up the economy real good a while ago). Last time I visited Sweden I went onto a total shopping spree... they've got my holy land of cheap clothes, the H&M.
They don't have those in Iceland?? what even

A czech moneycrown is worth a third of a norwegian one (maybe a little more, now), so I go a bit overboard in the stores there. I suddenly turn into obnoxious rich kid and holy wow is that affordable food. This one time I bought a PSP console on a whim, too. My friend couldn't stop laughing about it the whole day because that's just ridiculous, who does that

God I wanna learn to play the saxophone! It's a really nice instrument.
Ah, you're back to a saxophone phase. do it
you'll know where to find me.

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5598 on: May 22, 2015, 07:23:59 PM »
Ah, you're back to a saxophone phase. do it

I'll jazz up this nation with my smooth tunes! (aka covers of various games and tv show soundtracks...)

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #5599 on: May 22, 2015, 07:25:22 PM »
I'll jazz up this nation with my smooth tunes! (aka covers of various games and tv show soundtracks...)
Hey, I'm not saying that's pretty much the reason I picked up a violin, but....... yeah it was totally to play soundtracks. and folk music. so much folk music I love it
you'll know where to find me.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #5600 on: May 22, 2015, 07:27:33 PM »
...yes. Bookshops are like that, they're safe havens. The moment the rash strikes I'll barricade myself into the nearest Eymundssons.
Mmmh. I think I would grab my dictionary and barricade myself into Shakespeare & Co (Yes, I know, in the middle of Paris, bad, bad idea. Let's say I would take the house somewhere else with me.), just because all the bookshops should be like that.
Unfortunately, taking photos is prohibited, but they have some on their website : http://shakespeareandcompany.com/
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5601 on: May 22, 2015, 07:27:59 PM »
Hmm... This has got me thinking of what I'd love to cover the most, and that's probably the Mother series' soundtrack. So much jazz, especially in the third one.

Like,
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 07:30:34 PM by Emil »

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #5602 on: May 22, 2015, 07:37:40 PM »
Oh yesss Sweden is like, SUPER cheap, it's like the only place where I feel confident in my economy.

Ah, Sweden, so cheap. Price-wise I mean. And they do have everything - yes Haiz Iceland does not have H&M, it makes me cry myself to sleep every night.

Well, the current SSSS expedition seems like it will be the grand tour demonstrating how this will end (hint:probably poorly)

What... it seemed pretty ideal a deal to me. You go there, set your nest, get nice and cozy and wait for the food to walk in. While you wait there's lots of books to enjoy.
...unless you're talking about the cleanser. Gotta remember to take those out first.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5603 on: May 23, 2015, 08:02:37 AM »
Sister's lappytop got the bad case of adware, so she called me, the great virus slayer, to fix it

This is like, the fourth time this happens, when will she ever learn?

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #5604 on: May 23, 2015, 09:06:54 AM »
Sister's lappytop got the bad case of adware, so she called me, the great virus slayer, to fix it

This is like, the fourth time this happens, when will she ever learn?

They never do.

Never.

You are doomed to living the existence of Great Virus Slayer, forever.

*speaking as the proud child of a parent who still leaves her laptop running for weeks on end for no reason, still clicks on popups, who took weeks of convincing to leave IE for Chrome, and who would have no idea how to get Adblock installed/activated, if, by some odd way, it was disabled - even though she was walked through how to do it several times*
Am notified of private messages via email.

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #5605 on: May 23, 2015, 09:20:42 AM »
They never do.

Never.

You are doomed to living the existence of Great Virus Slayer, forever.

*speaking as the proud child of a parent who still leaves her laptop running for weeks on end for no reason, still clicks on popups, who took weeks of convincing to leave IE for Chrome, and who would have no idea how to get Adblock installed/activated, if, by some odd way, it was disabled - even though she was walked through how to do it several times*
Heh, my dad never used the internet for more than checking his golf rank every couple of months.  Then we got him a smart phone, and he started looking things up, and...  It was a miracle.  My mom just can't remember the difference between a browser and a search engine, but she knows how to use them both. 
And... is leaving the laptop on for weeks really all that bad?  *waves hand around dismissively*
I only do that cause I hate waiting through startups every time.
Feel free to PM.

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #5606 on: May 23, 2015, 10:09:29 AM »

And... is leaving the laptop on for weeks really all that bad?  *waves hand around dismissively*
I only do that cause I hate waiting through startups every time.

Bet you make use of hibernate mode or sleep mode, though, right? Yeah, my mother doesn't even do that. It wouldn't be such an issue if she had it in a better ventilated area, but eeeeh... *sigh* Well, technically it shouldn't do too much damage, but it does kill off the battery faster. Plus the fans are also running 24/7 that way, not that great. Personally I'd never do that with a laptop unless I were using it as a server (which at least serves some purpose other than I'm going to sleep now, can't be bothered to press ONE BUTTON, so let's leave the machinery running for 12 hours while no one uses it).
Am notified of private messages via email.

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5607 on: May 23, 2015, 11:38:56 AM »
Oh boy, there's been a fire down the street, gonna head there now to snap some photos now that it is under control and all

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #5608 on: May 23, 2015, 12:56:31 PM »
Oh boy, there's been a fire down the street, gonna head there now to snap some photos now that it is under control and all

Oh lord, what happened there? Are you ok?
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #5609 on: May 23, 2015, 02:31:47 PM »

Did anybody get hurt? Was it a house that burned?
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."