Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410603 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #5385 on: May 18, 2015, 07:05:34 PM »
Somehow I'm imagining you saying this with a wide-eyed disappointed expression on your face.
Which is extremely possible - How could you know that ?
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • my real name is Emil but you can call me Emil
  • Preferred pronouns: *incoherent screaming*
« Reply #5386 on: May 18, 2015, 07:06:08 PM »
*appears* I'm never on steam and this notice wasn't even for me but I joined anyway B)

How dare you steal this moment from me joking

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #5387 on: May 18, 2015, 07:07:14 PM »
Sweet, joined

*appears* I'm never on steam and this notice wasn't even for me but I joined anyway B)

Yaaaay :D Just so you know guys, this group does NOTHING. I mean, I made it and then I was like "wait, what does a steam group even do?" But they now you can find people to play with or something! Have fun! :D
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #5388 on: May 18, 2015, 07:11:02 PM »
How dare you steal this moment from me joking
Mwahahahaha, Curry the moment-klepto strikes again!

Yaaaay :D Just so you know guys, this group does NOTHING. I mean, I made it and then I was like "wait, what does a steam group even do?" But they now you can find people to play with or something! Have fun! :D

Wow, I'll fit right in! Do-nothing club, GO! And yeah, I only have games that fit into the 'filthy casual' category and I'm too much of a filthy casual to even play them myself B) I expect to do more after school lets out though so??
YEET

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #5389 on: May 18, 2015, 07:12:56 PM »
Mwahahahaha, Curry the moment-klepto strikes again!

Wow, I'll fit right in! Do-nothing club, GO! And yeah, I only have games that fit into the 'filthy casual' category and I'm too much of a filthy casual to even play them myself B) I expect to do more after school lets out though so??
Looks like we found you in the PRIME of your do-nothing trajectory!  8)
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #5390 on: May 18, 2015, 07:25:49 PM »
Looks like we found you in the PRIME of your do-nothing trajectory!  8)

Great job!

And as you can probably see by my hour-log I used to spend quite a lot of time playing only a few video games, but now I'm just distracted by schoolwork and I'd rather use my time to draw :___)
YEET

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #5391 on: May 18, 2015, 07:34:25 PM »
It's behind you...

It's been a while since I logged into Steam... What games do you guys play?
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • my real name is Emil but you can call me Emil
  • Preferred pronouns: *incoherent screaming*
« Reply #5392 on: May 18, 2015, 07:39:07 PM »
I usually play whatever I want or what my friends drag me into, but I've clocked a lot of hours into Dota 2 and Team Fortress 2

Right now however I'm pulling myself through a Knights of the Old Republic II playthrough since I got the PC version + modifications
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 07:43:03 PM by Emil »

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #5393 on: May 18, 2015, 09:55:52 PM »
Currently, I'm logging a lot of Warframe. Like, way too much. Hold on... 93 hours in three weeks? What?!

A game I highly recommend (and have been trumpeting about for a while) is Transistor, made by the same people who made Bastion. It's gorgeous in art, music, and lore -and a deep combat system ties it all together really well. Sadly, it's short, but replaying it is worth it with New Game+.

Also, Space engineers and Medieval Engineers - tons of fun.
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

SolarPoweredGirl

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • A normal kid who isn't that normal
« Reply #5394 on: May 18, 2015, 10:13:34 PM »
Is it possible to get electrocuted if your laptop is plugged into the wall and there's a thunderstorm going on?
Because my laptop is plugged into the wall
And there's a thunderstorm going on  :-\

Silenter

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • So sorry.
« Reply #5395 on: May 18, 2015, 10:14:36 PM »
The bugs are *slowly* coming out, and I nearly killed 2 of them. One a fly of sorts, and the other, a crawly. I think it jumps, but whatever. xD Pretty typical but annoying. They just appear in front of you like "Come at me bro".

I'm becoming more paranoid of flying volleyballs and insects day by day. I can't stand volleyballs being hit by other people at this point.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 10:16:32 PM by Silenter »
Half-crumbled I guess: :southkorea:
Main language: :usa:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

hushpiper

• Slayer of Silence
  • Scout
    • Tumblr
  • steam engenius, you see
« Reply #5396 on: May 18, 2015, 10:33:12 PM »
Is it possible to get electrocuted if your laptop is plugged into the wall and there's a thunderstorm going on?

I don't think so. Your house should be grounded, and your laptop charger's ac/dc converter should also act as a surge protector. When I was little a tree in our yard got hit by lightning--the root apparently touched one of the house's power cables, and the charge traveled up through that. Blew a fuse and fried the computer (which I was using at the time), but didn't hurt anybody. That was years ago though, and I don't think we had any kind of surge protection.

We found out later that the tree (a massive oak) was dead when it started dropping leaves in the middle of summer. Had to get it taken down so it wouldn't fall on our house the next time a hurricane came through...

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #5397 on: May 18, 2015, 11:07:07 PM »
Probably not
I mean, if your house gets hit by lightning, it's probably on fire, but you wouldn't be electrocuted
That said, just about anything will conduct electricity if the electricity is trying hard enough. Example: You're in a sailboat. Lightning strikes the (metal) mast. The lightning will *melt the fibreglass* and also arc through you to get to the water. o_O
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #5398 on: May 18, 2015, 11:20:16 PM »
The bugs are *slowly* coming out, and I nearly killed 2 of them. One a fly of sorts, and the other, a crawly. I think it jumps, but whatever. xD Pretty typical but annoying. They just appear in front of you like "Come at me bro".

I'm becoming more paranoid of flying volleyballs and insects day by day. I can't stand volleyballs being hit by other people at this point.

I don't trust anything that flies.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

hushpiper

• Slayer of Silence
  • Scout
    • Tumblr
  • steam engenius, you see
« Reply #5399 on: May 19, 2015, 12:04:10 AM »
Probably not
I mean, if your house gets hit by lightning, it's probably on fire, but you wouldn't be electrocuted
That said, just about anything will conduct electricity if the electricity is trying hard enough. Example: You're in a sailboat. Lightning strikes the (metal) mast. The lightning will *melt the fibreglass* and also arc through you to get to the water. o_O

Well yeah, the advantage of being in a house though is that there's a billion easier ways for it to get to ground though. If you're in a sailboat on the water, you and your boat are probably gonna be the quickest way down to ground, but a house has pipes, your electrical system, etc. The likelihood that it's gonna jump to you rather than taking a better/faster/more direct route is low.