Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2409587 times)

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #5115 on: May 11, 2015, 03:16:31 PM »
I got back my Terra Nova (New Earth in Latin) scores!
Its the Catholic school version of standardized testing, only it happens in one week in March. That is the only mandated test we get.

You might have to open it in a new tab to see it better.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #5116 on: May 11, 2015, 03:29:13 PM »
Its the Catholic school version of standardized testing, only it happens in one week in March. That is the only mandated test we get.

You might have to open it in a new tab to see it better.

Woo congrats! (And ehehehe math is also my weak spot.)

And...I have survived the (first) gauntlet of exams! I should probably do something productive with the time I'm no longer using for studying...

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #5117 on: May 11, 2015, 03:30:19 PM »
(if a bit awkward because no matter how remote the location is someone's bound to walk past and stare and you can't even complain because you understand you're looking a bit unusual like a 100% weirdo)
I RELATE TO THIS
i'm not even much of a cosplayer but I played in a Catching Fire parody that required me to spend two hours dancing to pop songs in the rain....... in the middle of the city... at least my outfit wasn't much weirder than what I usually wear

also I just saw your cosplay in the pictures thread, holy woW

and hhghhhh reynir cosplay sounds awesome i wish I was going to närcon but if i'm going to spend all summer in prague i just have no chance to go at all :c

you'll know where to find me.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #5118 on: May 11, 2015, 03:36:30 PM »

That's terrific!  It looks like you got near-perfect scores in everything except math!  (If you want to be a journalist, you want to know at least some math.  Basic statistics and probability will get you pretty far, though.  You will *never* need to know trigonometry.)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #5119 on: May 11, 2015, 04:00:18 PM »
//pokes head in// hello~
I kinda feel like I'm intruding, somehow, but I felt like being brave, socially (sort of?) and joining in...?
so yes, hi o vo)/

...anybody else get issued a tornado-watch for their city? (somehow this sparked a sudden need for me to communicate xD)

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #5120 on: May 11, 2015, 04:12:00 PM »
//pokes head in// hello~
I kinda feel like I'm intruding, somehow, but I felt like being brave, socially (sort of?) and joining in...?
so yes, hi o vo)/

...anybody else get issued a tornado-watch for their city? (somehow this sparked a sudden need for me to communicate xD)

Helloo! Good job being brave B)
Tornado watches right now, or in general? Because nah for right now but I get a lot of them where I live (even more where I used to live :\ )
YEET

koalalou

• Scout
« Reply #5121 on: May 11, 2015, 04:18:04 PM »
Helloo! Good job being brave B)
Tornado watches right now, or in general? Because nah for right now but I get a lot of them where I live (even more where I used to live :\ )
thanks TT vTT)/

I guess I meant for right now, yeah. My city is in an area that actually used to be a rainforest (temperate) so nearly every storm we get tends to come with a severe storm warning, but ever since a tornado destroyed the Windsor Curling Club several years ago, people have been taking tornado warnings a little more seriously :\

but wow, where did you live that got so many tornado warnings? If you don't mind my asking. o 3o

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Viisikielinenkantele

• Scout
  • Sometimes creative
« Reply #5122 on: May 11, 2015, 05:38:37 PM »
koalalu: best of luck that it doesn't hit so hard...

Today was the first day of my first holiday since december (and this one wasn't relaxing, first the kids were sick, then I lay in bed for a whole week...).
It was terrific, I locked myself in my sewing room for 4 hours straight, not even getting music on. Now I'm really happy.  :D
Native: :germany:
Mostly fluent: :uk: / :usa:
Rusty: :finland:
almost forgotten: :italy:, :estonia:, :vaticancity:
learning: :sweden:

"People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing." (Florence Foster Jenkins)

:chap5: :chap6:  :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5123 on: May 11, 2015, 05:58:01 PM »
thanks TT vTT)/

I guess I meant for right now, yeah. My city is in an area that actually used to be a rainforest (temperate) so nearly every storm we get tends to come with a severe storm warning, but ever since a tornado destroyed the Windsor Curling Club several years ago, people have been taking tornado warnings a little more seriously :\

but wow, where did you live that got so many tornado warnings? If you don't mind my asking. o 3o

Oops latish response? But that sounds pretty intense! :o I used to live in the country in central Florida, and you wouldn't expect it, but it was really hilly there and I don't know if that had anything to do with it but it seemed like we had one every three weeks :\ Especially during the rainy season hhh
YEET

SugaAndSpice

• Scout
  • just a gourd on the internet
  • Preferred pronouns: ALL THE PRONOUNS. He/him/his is always a safe bet though!
« Reply #5124 on: May 11, 2015, 06:29:54 PM »
Woohoo! On the earlier subject of cosplaying, I am going to Everfree NW in seattle this month! It is a ponycon, and it is my first time going. I am going to cosplay as Pinkie Pie!
I say vol, you say tron! Vol!
…Voltron?

FinnishViking

• Scout
  • Slender and sleep deprived
« Reply #5125 on: May 11, 2015, 07:03:28 PM »
Alright looks like i'm a official scout now. Was a bit perplexed to get 5 pms at 2:00 am, but a big thank you for all of you who already managed to congratulate us the all new scouts. Nice to see these forums grow up in members while retaining that small community feel, really makes me want to keep coming back time and time after again.

And since Sunflower mentioned Korpiklaani as a bunch of big crowling men ( that they admittedly are  :P ) here's a little joyous tune that i think might fit to everyones ears done by said men.

But alas, I must live up to my signature and try find the rumoured forum lounge and end up waking up sleep deprived the next morning. Good tuesday to you all.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 09:15:41 PM by hushpiper »

koalalou

• Scout
« Reply #5126 on: May 11, 2015, 08:25:42 PM »
Oops latish response? But that sounds pretty intense! :o I used to live in the country in central Florida, and you wouldn't expect it, but it was really hilly there and I don't know if that had anything to do with it but it seemed like we had one every three weeks :\ Especially during the rainy season hhh

lol don't worry, I just got back from a walk so its not really that late xD

but wow, Florida, huh? I...actually didn't know any part of Florida was hilly. You learn something new every day. Also that...actually sounds almost like my area (though my memory is probably exaggerating it), complete with rainy season xP

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5127 on: May 11, 2015, 08:29:46 PM »
lol don't worry, I just got back from a walk so its not really that late xD

but wow, Florida, huh? I...actually didn't know any part of Florida was hilly. You learn something new every day. Also that...actually sounds almost like my area (though my memory is probably exaggerating it), complete with rainy season xP

Neither did I, until I moved to it. It was really weird because Florida is (like you thought) pretty much completely flat and I did not expect hills at all but you could roll down them and they were hard for baby Curry to walk up :1
Tornados were like my favorite occurrence though because that meant big storms and something interesting happening...
YEET

koalalou

• Scout
« Reply #5128 on: May 11, 2015, 08:40:02 PM »
Neither did I, until I moved to it. It was really weird because Florida is (like you thought) pretty much completely flat and I did not expect hills at all but you could roll down them and they were hard for baby Curry to walk up :1
Tornados were like my favorite occurrence though because that meant big storms and something interesting happening...
lol wow, yeah I was thinking flatter, but I always figured there were swamp-ish areas? idk
Unlike most of the people I know I don't fly South for the summer, so all my Florida info generally comes from entertainment media xD I think the farthest South I've ever gone was Colorado, actually. xD

Anyways, it sounds like you'd enjoy some of the weather we get up here around this time of year and in the summer. Windsor, Ontario is actually know for having some of the most violent thunderstorms in the country. I have an old house so its especially fun since the thunder makes the house shake o 3o

I actually just found out there's a whole page dedicated to thunderstorms on the city's official website xD
http://www.citywindsor.ca/residents/emergencyandcrimeprevention/Emergency-Preparedness/Severe-Weather/Pages/Thunderstorms.aspx

we're just that hardcore lol
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 08:45:00 PM by koalalou »

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5129 on: May 11, 2015, 08:50:19 PM »
lol wow, yeah I was thinking flatter, but I always figured there were swamp-ish areas? idk
Unlike most of the people I know I don't fly South for the summer, so all my Florida info generally comes from entertainment media xD I think the farthest South I've ever gone was Colorado, actually. xD

Anyways, it sounds like you'd enjoy some of the weather we get up here around this time of year and in the summer. Windsor, Ontario is actually know for having some of the most violent thunderstorms in the country. I have an old house so its especially fun since the thunder makes the house shake o 3o

There are swampish areas and they currently surround my house. Lots and lots of mosquitos and flood warnings  >:( Entertainment media generally portrays Florida as pretty crazy and truth be told it kind of is??

:0 thunderstormsssss I think I would be very happy up there, actually? I love old houses (and when I was in a hurricane a while ago, the entire building I was staying in was swaying and the windows were vibrating). I just really like storms okay
YEET