Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2411103 times)

Blackjazz

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • ~Je suis Le Chapeau~
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #4740 on: April 28, 2015, 02:24:39 AM »
Yes.

It says the map makers got their data from Wikipedia... ...Why am I asking so many questions today?

Just channeling you inner Tuuri, that's all. ;D
And, the info being from Wikipedia, I would just treat it the way you would anything from Ripley's Believe It or Not.

Good luck at the coffee-shop!
Thank you!! I'm going to need all the luck I can get >_<

... soda, that has no caffeine (I don't drink those)
Those taste muuuch worse than coffee IMO. Give me ten cups of black coffee before you give me one of those! *shudder*
Native: :usa:.
Lots :france:  :mexico:  Little :italy: Learning :southkorea:
On the list: everything
:chap6: :chap7:
Enjoy yourself; it is later than you think.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4741 on: April 28, 2015, 03:47:37 AM »
Oooh I remember this world map thingy too! So let's see, Iceland leads in... internet penetration. And here I was half expecting bad driving + even worse parking and horrible weather.

Beverages in order of importance and excluding alcohol: coffee, green tea, black tea, water. Soda is wayyyy too sweet. :P
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Blackjazz

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • ~Je suis Le Chapeau~
« Reply #4742 on: April 28, 2015, 04:46:18 AM »
Doing anything in between the lines is overrated... apparently.

I used to love soda until my dad worked for Coca-Cola, refilling vending machines. He was able to get the damaged or expired cans for five cents a piece, so for a while there I drank way too much soda. I got my fill of it then, I guess, and now I hardly want it at all and prefer to have water instead.
Native: :usa:.
Lots :france:  :mexico:  Little :italy: Learning :southkorea:
On the list: everything
:chap6: :chap7:
Enjoy yourself; it is later than you think.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #4743 on: April 28, 2015, 12:59:43 PM »
I don't usually eat another forumite but when I do it's always

Crunchy~

And here I was half expecting bad driving + even worse parking

It's what you get when you have a country filled with roads and hardly anyone to peruse them. Might as well lynch a couple of them, it's not like you'll win the grand prize for democracy anyways *thumps chest*.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 01:03:55 PM by Fimbulwaffle »

SolarPoweredGirl

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • A normal kid who isn't that normal
« Reply #4744 on: April 28, 2015, 03:34:14 PM »
Currently eating brownie batter- jealous  8)?
I don't know why, but the batter always tastes triple times better than the actual brownies.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4745 on: April 28, 2015, 03:51:48 PM »
It's what you get when you have a country filled with roads and hardly anyone to peruse them.

AHEM. I'll have you know Iceland holds the silver in world record of cars per capita. And quite the contrary we barely have any roads, we have like... one road, it's called Road 1 and it goes around the whole country, at least for the time that storms don't literally rip it off the ground or floods don't wash it out to sea. :P

Besides lynching will start to sound like a wonderful option when your daily parking reality is this.

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #4746 on: April 28, 2015, 04:34:20 PM »
AHEM. I'll have you know Iceland holds the silver in world record of cars per capita. And quite the contrary we barely have any roads, we have like... one road, it's called Road 1 and it goes around the whole country, at least for the time that storms don't literally rip it off the ground or floods don't wash it out to sea. :P

Besides lynching will start to sound like a wonderful option when your daily parking reality is this.

Oh my. I thought the driving/parking around here was bad.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #4747 on: April 28, 2015, 04:54:42 PM »
So, I was looking up a map yesterday, and I found out that I'm really close to a city named Townsville. 

For those of you who might not know:
Spoiler: Lots of stuff happens there • show
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYTqkCMZBf4[/youtube]
Feel free to PM.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #4748 on: April 28, 2015, 05:32:26 PM »
You have to register and login to facebook before you may park your car? Yup, sign me up for the lynch mob, please. :P
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4749 on: April 28, 2015, 05:48:59 PM »
You have to register and login to facebook before you may park your car? Yup, sign me up for the lynch mob, please. :P

Here's the saddest thing: your line isn't far from truth. Facebook is a seriously important thing here and by that I mean everybody uses it, you do all your contacting friends etc. via FB, your professors may send you uni project stuff on FB, your hobby groups are there, businesses use FB instead of a homepage... it never ends. In Iceland you're almost entirely dependent on FB.

That particular page is for photos of bad parking and there's no shortage of material.

Divra

« Reply #4750 on: April 28, 2015, 06:00:50 PM »
Currently eating brownie batter- jealous  8)?
I don't know why, but the batter always tastes triple times better than the actual brownies.

I make cookie dough just for eating, rather than for baking with, on a regular basis. For feeding both my inner naughty five-year-old and my inner decadent hedonist, there's nothing that beats sitting in front of the TV with a baking bowl and a spoon.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #4751 on: April 28, 2015, 06:05:48 PM »
Suddenly, my best friend, tonight, in the middle of the dinner : Have you seen the last update of SSSS ? Five days without anything to read, it was terribly long.
(Wait, why I am blushing ? All is all right, I want a paper version, he want one in scandinavian languages. Next time we could speak an hour about how fabulous this comic is. And about finnish's spells. And how we are a bit sad friday when our friends are happy for the week-end and enjoying the sunday evening when the same friends are complaining about monday. And...)
*Simply happy to share her addiction*
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 06:29:59 PM by Mélusine »
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

MrNegative

• pretty cool
« Reply #4752 on: April 28, 2015, 06:43:17 PM »
My lovely mechanical keyboard finally arrived!  \o/
Typing on it feels so wonderful, thank goodness I've gotta type up a paper today.
Native: :usa:
Learning: :sweden:, :vaticancity:
On hold: :denmark:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #4753 on: April 28, 2015, 06:44:49 PM »
My lovely mechanical keyboard finally arrived!  \o/
Typing on it feels so wonderful, thank goodness I've gotta type up a paper today.

Mechanical keyboards are loud. But then again maybe that's sort of the point. Little bit of that rat tat tat.

MrNegative

• pretty cool
« Reply #4754 on: April 28, 2015, 07:16:48 PM »
Mechanical keyboards are loud. But then again maybe that's sort of the point. Little bit of that rat tat tat.
My keyboard has Cherry MX Brown switches, which are significantly quieter than the MX Blues, which give off that "CLACK CLACK" sound. Nonetheless, it's still a bit louder than the rubber dome keyboard that I was previously using.
Native: :usa:
Learning: :sweden:, :vaticancity:
On hold: :denmark: