Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387681 times)

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #225 on: September 30, 2014, 05:36:50 PM »
I think the reason it's so bad elsewhere is because they don't have the resources to treat it properly.  We have those here, especially in a place like Atlanta.  Still, that's like an hour and a half from where I live...

O____O
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #226 on: September 30, 2014, 05:40:21 PM »
O____O
Hopefully I won't have to hand over my Thor powers to someone of more sound body. 
Though... my body has really not been doing too well this semester: staph, numb pinky, car crash...  *locks all doors*
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #227 on: September 30, 2014, 06:05:01 PM »
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiichhhhhhh!

Maybe learn some magic guitar spells? And wear a jumper :P you beanpole

Sparky Dragon

• Scout
  • [Insert witty/amusing phrase here.]
« Reply #228 on: September 30, 2014, 06:20:00 PM »
Yup, that was it. (Ebola, not guitars...) Guess who has a close relative working at that hospital?

Wait, Eich, you live an hour and a half from Atlanta? Which direction? I live about two hours away!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 06:23:17 PM by Sparky Dragon »

Chapter Breaks Survived: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Runner-Up in the International Mirror-Throwing Games, Year 89

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #229 on: September 30, 2014, 06:26:08 PM »
Yup, that was it. (Ebola, not guitars...) Guess who has a close relative working at that hospital?

Oh!

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #230 on: September 30, 2014, 06:30:29 PM »
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiichhhhhhh!

Maybe learn some magic guitar spells? And wear a jumper :P you beanpole
If I could unlock the guitar's magical properties, like a kantele, I would make sure I was put in history books for it.

Wait, Eich, you live an hour and a half from Atlanta? Which direction? I live about two hours away!
Take I-85 North for a little while, from Atlanta (so that'd take you mostly north and a bit east), and you end up at my university.
Feel free to PM.

Sparky Dragon

• Scout
« Reply #231 on: September 30, 2014, 06:35:23 PM »
Aw, I'm a lot more south-ish than north-ish.

Chapter Breaks Survived: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #232 on: September 30, 2014, 06:41:21 PM »
Aw, I'm a lot more south-ish than north-ish.
Edit:  Nevermind, I'm a gibbon who doesn't read articles past the caption on the first picture.
*Sigh*  I really should stop that.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 11:14:11 PM by Eich »
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #233 on: October 01, 2014, 06:57:05 AM »
Edit:  Nevermind, I'm a gibbon who doesn't read articles past the caption on the first picture.
*Sigh*  I really should stop that.

Well you'd like our local newspaper. Sometimes, the whole article IS the photo caption.
But the colour printing is always off-kilter, so photos of people look really freaky and demonic :P
And also, in general, it is a terrible newspaper. I refuse to read or even glance at it, it's that bad.
So so bad. ;___;

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #234 on: October 01, 2014, 05:12:42 PM »
Well you'd like our local newspaper. Sometimes, the whole article IS the photo caption.
But the colour printing is always off-kilter, so photos of people look really freaky and demonic :P
And also, in general, it is a terrible newspaper. I refuse to read or even glance at it, it's that bad.
So so bad. ;___;
I'm just too slow of a reader to read any kind of news article.  I get impatient with how slow I am and skim (usually unsuccessfully) for the important parts.  Actually, I haven't even read a book in... a couple years?  Gah, I need to start reading Game of Thrones soon.
Our newspaper is pretty bad, too, except for the comics section.  Charlie Brown is the man.
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #235 on: October 01, 2014, 08:21:36 PM »
At least you get cartoons u__u

Oh my gosh I was sitting outside a lecture hall and suddenly this NOISE from a drill or something on the roof started blaring and it actually sounds like the scream/roar of the Thing (when it was the spider-head) and it was freaky as hell X___X

Silenter

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • So sorry.
« Reply #236 on: October 01, 2014, 08:59:41 PM »
The newspaper over here has too many words to count for itself, lol. I can't find the time to even read all of it, or they simply don't grab my attention. But it's usually words and words. With those big images. Maybe.
Half-crumbled I guess: :southkorea:
Main language: :usa:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #237 on: October 01, 2014, 09:28:54 PM »
The newspaper over here has too many words to count for itself, lol. I can't find the time to even read all of it, or they simply don't grab my attention. But it's usually words and words. With those big images. Maybe.

I like the big headlines. Mostly for admiring the letterforms. I do (did?) actually read the news, but lately I've just been skimming the articles out for the same reasons as above. That, or I'm actively trying to avoid doing something else.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #238 on: October 01, 2014, 09:41:16 PM »
I like the big headlines. Mostly for admiring the letterforms. I do (did?) actually read the news, but lately I've just been skimming the articles out for the same reasons as above. That, or I'm actively trying to avoid doing something else.
If I end up reading while procrastinating, I concede defeat and do what I have to do.
It is almost a last resort for entertainment for me.  Not that I don't enjoy books or a good short story, it's just that starting a story is difficult.  Once I've started one, though, I'm all in for the whole thing.
Feel free to PM.

Sparky Dragon

• Scout
« Reply #239 on: October 02, 2014, 05:56:25 PM »
So, as it turns out, I read a lot more than I had expected...I've been keeping track of how many books I've read this year, and I looked, and--well--I think I need another hobby. 0.O

(99. I've read 99 books so far, this year.)