Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410531 times)

Miss Honeyham

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • *coughing fit*
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #210 on: September 29, 2014, 10:35:33 PM »
I got my sister to read aRTD, but the farthest she got in SSSS was "the television people and that fat guy with the cat".

Sigh. One day....
:usa: | :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :book1: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9:

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #211 on: September 29, 2014, 10:58:05 PM »
Before trying my mom I tried my little brother. He got to the first mention of the rash illness and was all "nope. Too disgusting."

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #212 on: September 29, 2014, 11:50:15 PM »
I've told so many people about the comic, and nobody ever picks it up.  Maybe I shouldn't praise it so much in front of them...  Either way, it'll work one day.  I will successfully refer someone to the comic and get them to read it.

I wish I still had blonde hair.  :-\

My little sister blocks her ears and goes "LALALA" whenever I try showing her SSSS X'P she pays more attention when I just tell her what's happened instead- she doesn't like reading very much, she says she's waiting for the book or movie :/

You cut it off?? Or you dyed your hair...not blonde? Hehe what color is it now? :P

Aggghh I thought the weather was going to be hot again today and wore a shirt instead of my wooly jumpers and....now it's raining?!?! >:( WEATHERRRR!!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 11:57:03 PM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #213 on: September 30, 2014, 12:14:39 AM »
My little sister blocks her ears and goes "LALALA" whenever I try showing her SSSS X'P she pays more attention when I just tell her what's happened instead- she doesn't like reading very much, she says she's waiting for the book or movie :/

You cut it off?? Or you dyed your hair...not blonde? Hehe what color is it now? :P

Aggghh I thought the weather was going to be hot again today and wore a shirt instead of my wooly jumpers and....now it's raining?!?! >:( WEATHERRRR!!!!!!
I'm not much of a reader either.  That's part of why I like this comic so much.  There's not paragraph upon paragraph of dialogue to discourage my slow reading self.

It started changing color and getting darker as I got older.  I used to have white-gold hair when I was little, then blonde until I was in... mid-high school?  Now it's just straight brown, and I don't like it.  Nothing against brunettes, I'm just used to having lighter hair.  :(  Seriously, if it were still blonde I'd have it male hippie length or longer all the time.  Also, weird fact, my dad and I both have 2 crowns, so we can part our hair in two places.  I haven't used my second one in forever though, so it's almost trained out and I have a hard time finding it now. 

Before trying my mom I tried my little brother. He got to the first mention of the rash illness and was all "nope. Too disgusting."
See, I've told my friends it manages to balance adorable kitty cats with wretched nightmares, and they scoff at me.
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #214 on: September 30, 2014, 01:29:48 AM »
It started changing color and getting darker as I got older.  I used to have white-gold hair when I was little, then blonde until I was in... mid-high school?  Now it's just straight brown, and I don't like it.  Nothing against brunettes, I'm just used to having lighter hair.  :(  Seriously, if it were still blonde I'd have it male hippie length or longer all the time.  Also, weird fact, my dad and I both have 2 crowns, so we can part our hair in two places.  I haven't used my second one in forever though, so it's almost trained out and I have a hard time finding it now. 

Awww brunettes are cooooool! X'P a lot of my family's hair did that, but not mine...My hair used to be quite dark but now it's quite a light ashy brown O___O depending on the light it switches back and forth :P one hairdresser says it's a light brown and another says it's a dark blonde :/
Buying clothes and dresses that need to look nice is a hassle because my hair colour doesn't really match anything except greeny-brown ;___; Eich you're so lucky you don't have to match your hair to dresses! XD

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #215 on: September 30, 2014, 07:01:34 AM »
Awww brunettes are cooooool! X'P a lot of my family's hair did that, but not mine...My hair used to be quite dark but now it's quite a light ashy brown O___O depending on the light it switches back and forth :P one hairdresser says it's a light brown and another says it's a dark blonde :/
Buying clothes and dresses that need to look nice is a hassle because my hair colour doesn't really match anything except greeny-brown ;___; Eich you're so lucky you don't have to match your hair to dresses! XD
True. The hair complaints of women are much more severe, haha. Don't have to worry about that with a tux cause they almost universally look good. I'm just waiting for it to turn black and subvert my German genes altogether... before I lose it all :'(. Hopefully that won't happen, but it's a bit scary to think about sometimes.
Feel free to PM.

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #216 on: September 30, 2014, 07:15:52 AM »
True. The hair complaints of women are much more severe, haha. Don't have to worry about that with a tux cause they almost universally look good. I'm just waiting for it to turn black and subvert my German genes altogether... before I lose it all :'(. Hopefully that won't happen, but it's a bit scary to think about sometimes.

Not to worry, you can always compensate with a mighty beard and/or mustache that will make Trond blush and Admiral Olsen curse under his breath.

Mustaches are awesome. If I could grow one I would.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 11:26:26 AM by Fimbulvarg »

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #217 on: September 30, 2014, 07:35:51 AM »

*laughs evilly at men's bald fate X'P*

Aging in general is scary ;__; man, we're all probably going to be crazy old people, being influenced by SSSS so early in our adult lives (wait Nimphy's even younger oh gosh!) O__O it's going to stick with us forever, like how people who were 20 in the 80's are still....trapped in the 80's XP oh noooo!

Not to worry, you can always compensate with a mighty beard and/or mustache that will make Trond blush and Admiral Olsen curse under his breath.

Hehe Trond BLUSHING. X'D

Sparky Dragon

• Scout
  • [Insert witty/amusing phrase here.]
« Reply #218 on: September 30, 2014, 04:58:13 PM »
How old is Nimphy? I bet I'm younger! :P

But now, as a note to the universe...It's not always fun learning Breaking News before the rest of the world. O____O

Chapter Breaks Survived: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Runner-Up in the International Mirror-Throwing Games, Year 89

Sparky Dragon

• Scout
  • [Insert witty/amusing phrase here.]
« Reply #219 on: September 30, 2014, 04:59:21 PM »
Ooh, also lookie there! 99..no, 100 posts! Ha!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 05:01:34 PM by Sparky Dragon »

Chapter Breaks Survived: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Runner-Up in the International Mirror-Throwing Games, Year 89

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #220 on: September 30, 2014, 05:03:04 PM »
Ooh, also lookie there! 99 100 posts! Ha!

Well well, congratulations and welcome to the safe-zone. I suppose a round of fruit juice on the house is in order.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #221 on: September 30, 2014, 05:05:08 PM »
Ooooh congratulations! :3

((What's the news...? O__O))

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #222 on: September 30, 2014, 05:27:48 PM »
Don't leave us hanging, Sparky.  What went how?
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #224 on: September 30, 2014, 05:34:04 PM »
Is it this?
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/ebola-case-diagnosed-us-confirmed-cdc/story?id=25873850&ts=true
D8
I think the reason it's so bad elsewhere is because they don't have the resources to treat it properly.  We have those here, especially in a place like Atlanta.  Still, that's like an hour and a half from where I live... 
Feel free to PM.