Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2411662 times)

Vafhudr

• Ranger
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #4485 on: April 16, 2015, 10:07:25 PM »
https://www.flickr.com/groups/thevictorianfather/pool/

Worth checking if you guys enjoy those kinds of photographs.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #4486 on: April 16, 2015, 11:10:51 PM »
What's the name of the show?
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #4487 on: April 16, 2015, 11:15:35 PM »
I'm in a show, and tomorrow is the last run thru before we actually move onstage and will rehearse with all the props and lights and set pieces, and I'm pretty nervous. I mean, I've been in shows before, but this is my first time as a main character, with like my own story and songs and stuff.
I'm nervous/excited at the same time.
 ;D :-\  ??? :o

That's terrific!  Break a leg!  I know you'll be great.  I'm sure you'll find habit taking over with the "where do I step" and "when does the music start" part, so you can sink deeper into the "I'm being a great character!"
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #4488 on: April 16, 2015, 11:17:04 PM »
Well, the photos with the smiling couple are even older then. I was referring to these photographs ...

Apparently, they were taken during the Victorian Era.

Awww, those are adorable!  It's nice to have a reminder that not everyone was sitting up stiffly and staring sternly back in the 19th century.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #4489 on: April 16, 2015, 11:48:08 PM »
So, this is pretty irrelevant to the current conversation here...
But I'm in a show, and tomorrow is the last run thru before we actually move onstage and will rehearse with all the props and lights and set pieces, and I'm pretty nervous. I mean, I've been in shows before, but this is my first time as a main character, with like my own story and songs and stuff.

What is the play? Who are you are playing? Details? Are you giving autographs later? I want one!
Good luck to you!! :D

Awww, those are adorable!  It's nice to have a reminder that not everyone was sitting up stiffly and staring sternly back in the 19th century.

Yes, that's exactly what I thought when I saw it! :)
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #4490 on: April 17, 2015, 08:29:02 AM »
But I'm in a show, and tomorrow is the last run thru before we actually move onstage and will rehearse with all the props and lights and set pieces, and I'm pretty nervous. I mean, I've been in shows before, but this is my first time as a main character, with like my own story and songs and stuff.

Ooooh :O *is impressed*
I would never dare to act in a play, but it seems very fun! Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great!

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4491 on: April 17, 2015, 08:32:45 AM »

Also here to wish you good luck, and do have fun!  :)
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4492 on: April 17, 2015, 08:37:39 AM »
u can do it, SolarPoweredGirl!!!!!!

i also did a sort of stage thing today?? I already mentioned earlier how I got asked to perform my poems in the city hall, which was very random....... turns out it was as some kinda cultural entertainment for a monthly ~*Official Meeting*~. I mean it wasn't very huge or on an actual stage or anything, and i got to go before they started discussing Economics,,,, but I felt an immense satisfaction at answering "I'm the author" and seeing their incredibly impressed faces before I left, so I'm feeling pretty good right now
you'll know where to find me.

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #4493 on: April 17, 2015, 08:50:06 AM »
i also did a sort of stage thing today?? I already mentioned earlier how I got asked to perform my poems in the city hall, which was very random....... turns out it was as some kinda cultural entertainment for a monthly ~*Official Meeting*~. I mean it wasn't very huge or on an actual stage or anything, and i got to go before they started discussing Economics,,,, but I felt an immense satisfaction at answering "I'm the author" and seeing their incredibly impressed faces before I left, so I'm feeling pretty good right now

!!!!

That's great oh my gosh

*is happy for you*

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #4494 on: April 17, 2015, 09:08:18 AM »
Well, the photos with the smiling couple are even older then. I was refering to these photographies here:

Apparently, they were taken during the Victorian Era.

The bottom right one just shows that things don't change much.  The way the woman is hiding her face with her hand and the way the man is trying to move her hand so that she can be seen.

@Chizu, you know what I mean.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #4495 on: April 17, 2015, 09:57:26 AM »
Congratulations :D

By the way, does the forum already have a kind of "happiness thread" (A better name could be found I'm sure) ? I see a lot of little (or bigger) happiness moments here, in a former forum we had one thread to share that kind of good moments.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #4496 on: April 17, 2015, 11:58:22 AM »
u can do it, SolarPoweredGirl!!!!!!

Cool! I'd be proud too.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Stefanyeah

« Reply #4497 on: April 17, 2015, 01:36:41 PM »
*stumbles-in*

Finally picked me an avatar, but I'm not sure if it's not too big. I used to make 100x100 avatars, but they look tiny in Photoshop these days. So I made a bigger one and it looks huge in that upper corner next to my stats. :/
What do you think? Too big?
:germany: native
:uk: fluent
:netherlands: rusty

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #4498 on: April 17, 2015, 01:39:51 PM »
*stumbles-in*

Finally picked me an avatar, but I'm not sure if it's not too big. I used to make 100x100 avatars, but they look tiny in Photoshop these days. So I made a bigger one and it looks huge in that upper corner next to my stats. :/
What do you think? Too big?

Looks fine to me.  Is that your artwork?  It's very eye-catching!

Stefanyeah

« Reply #4499 on: April 17, 2015, 01:49:03 PM »
Looks fine to me.  Is that your artwork?  It's very eye-catching!

As long as it's not jumping at everyone's eyes and killing bandwidth dead. :P

I did. Thank you. :) Drew it on my Galaxy Note. I'll never again can get a smaller phone without a stylus. -.-;
:germany: native
:uk: fluent
:netherlands: rusty