Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387563 times)

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #4305 on: April 11, 2015, 06:32:16 PM »
Wuuuuuut?  Tell her you know the Eichs, from old South Carolina!  ;D

Small world!  Will it turn out she was your babysitter 15 years ago, or something like that?
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #4306 on: April 11, 2015, 06:36:18 PM »
woo, cons! I am actually currently at a con in full cosplay because I'm trash.

http://i.imgur.com/ixjs8oT
freddiethefantastic and I demonstrating our inability to make attractive faces.

Hi, Curry.  Your previous image link didn't work.  Doing some forensics, I discovered that SMF requires the ".jpg" file ending after the image link.  So here it is now:

And now we know at least two statements in your previous message were false...  ;)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Ann Marie

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • hiss hiss meow
« Reply #4307 on: April 11, 2015, 06:39:16 PM »
Curry and Haiz, you are such cuties.  <3

I'm totally going to use "I AM A WOLF PRINCESS, LEAVE ME ALONE" in the future.
native:  :usa:
learning:  :finland: :germany:
dabbling, exactly like a duck:  :sweden:

taking the long road to comic comprehension

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #4308 on: April 11, 2015, 06:40:53 PM »
Hehe. Good to see that Homestuck cosplays still going strong.
/ cosplays John and Jake because they require no monetary investment on my part. >_>
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #4309 on: April 11, 2015, 06:48:16 PM »
Oops I assumed that it just wasn't working since I'm on mobile! super duper cool.

thanks sunflower ahahaha I make such weird faces in pictures :p sometimes they work, this one is probably in character

and Vafhudr, I'm kind of falling out of homestuck, but I was pulling out roxy for my friend who insisted we do homestuck so we could be a ~~group~~ AND THEN DITCHED US. thanks, bruh, I could be Mikasa right now
YEET

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #4310 on: April 11, 2015, 06:49:04 PM »
Small world!  Will it turn out she was your babysitter 15 years ago, or something like that?
Weeeell, she probably doesn't remember me.  Every time our families got together I was upset about having to be out with other people, so I'd usually go sulk in a corner somewhere.  Also, I was always spaced out and couldn't really remember who was in that family until I was well into my teenage years, cause we didn't get together often.  I think she would hang out with my older sisters though, and I think one of her sisters was a bridesmaid at my middle sister's wedding?  I'd have to ask about that one.
*Doesn't remember most of the people from his old church by face or name*
Feel free to PM.

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #4311 on: April 11, 2015, 06:50:00 PM »
Yes. Well. Hiatus attrition is getting pretty high.

Mikasa, though, sounds like a superb plan. =D

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #4312 on: April 11, 2015, 06:56:43 PM »
Yes. Well. Hiatus attrition is getting pretty high.

Mikasa, though, sounds like a superb plan. =D

It's more irritating because we ~~did it for him~~ but he ditched us to hang out with some other girl, while they are both in homestuck. oenobwbebbidnonwinuwbduwhi Con Drama Much

tomorrow I am Mikasa with a Levi and a Sasha B) can't wait, haven't cosplayed snk since early November!

ALSO WE GOT AN EMIL WIG (Not On Forum), A LALLI WIG (freddiethefantastic), AND A SIGRUN WIG (MEEEE). I AM VERY EXCITED OK GONNA START STYLING THEM TONIGHT :0
YEET

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #4313 on: April 11, 2015, 07:11:02 PM »
Aaaaah. I misunderstood what you meant.

Otherwise - exciting times in perspective. If you are cosplaying as the SSSS crew, I would be curious to know how much response it generates. One wonders how much visibility it has on the interwebs.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4314 on: April 11, 2015, 07:14:57 PM »
@Eich, heh well it's a little late considering I left MoCCA Fest at 4 :P But yeah, small world!

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #4315 on: April 11, 2015, 10:35:13 PM »
*Doesn't remember most of the people from his old church by face or name*
Well, that's one church that obviously could profit by taking some suggestions from aRTD. ;)

native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4316 on: April 12, 2015, 11:32:26 AM »
today is actually being pretty great!! especially for a sunday. I usually shove off all my worrying-about-life sessions to the end of the week, but this week I did it on friday instead, so yeah!! also sundays have been a bit better since I started reading ssss and get excited about monday updates.
things that make this day great:

1) my hair is purple again and super soft today. since cutting my hair this short i wake up with the weirdest of anime hairs, so having it lie flat and feel soft is very comforting, haha

2) THE SKY ORB HAS GRACED US WITH ITS PRESENCE. I keep forgetting how much the weather affects my mood, and friday/saturday has been very grey and sad compared to today.

3) I was in the forest with my archery club to shoot at tree stumps, ahem trolls, today!! Maybe I've just listened to this song too many times in my life, maybe it's a unicorn thing, or maybe it's just a general human thing in this day and age where a lot of us spend a looot of time inside - but being even a few hours outside in the forest helps a lot. I feel like any time in the forest is never wasted.

It feels a little odd to spend my time in company with a lot of tall, actual adult men (they have like, jobs and wives and kids and stuff?? what even) when I'm practically the opposite of all that and they're not exactly my demographic for people i Usually Hang Out with,,, but it works? (also, not all of the club members are like that, we have some awesome viking ladies on our team too. but they didn't show up today so yeah.) One of them actually brought his kids today, and maybe I'm just being vain, but they seemed so impressed with me actually, haha.... they kept commenting on my bow (a very pretty hungarian horsebow), and at some point I went off on my own to practice shooting at one particular stump, when i spotted one of the kids hiding behind a log, observing me intently. It was actually very cute, even if I gracelessly dropped a few arrows in the process of grabbing them from of my quiver. (pro tip: quivers on your back looks cool in movies and in photos, but in reality, a belt quiver will be way more accessible. besides, you won't do the quiver dance or drop arrows all the time ahaha ha ha)

4) i just vacuum cleaned the entire house!! it's not exactly fun, but at least I've spent some time doing something productive, and my brain can't argue with that.

i feel to drained to even think about my essay right now, i don't even really know how to write it, but it hasn't even been dinnertime so WHO KNOWS maybe I'll actually will work on it today?? (probably not but i can trick myself into thinking i might)

you'll know where to find me.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #4317 on: April 12, 2015, 11:48:49 AM »
2) THE SKY ORB HAS GRACED US WITH ITS PRESENCE.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4318 on: April 12, 2015, 11:54:56 AM »

pffffffff okay maybe just me

do you...... do you want an umbrella
you'll know where to find me.

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger