Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387201 times)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #4095 on: March 26, 2015, 06:24:19 AM »
It appears so! But it is weird, because it's saying "Most Online Today: 25" and then "Most Online Ever: 80 (Today -insert time here-)". There is a discrepancy of 55 people there.

Also, you are most welcome.
For me it says "Most Online Today (26th of march): 25" and "Most online ever: 80 25th march". I don't think that's a discrepancy (?).

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #4096 on: March 26, 2015, 07:15:59 AM »
For me it says "Most Online Today (26th of march): 25" and "Most online ever: 80 25th march". I don't think that's a discrepancy (?).

Aaah. Time zone differences and something else odd (which I think might be coding but what do I know) are at fault here I think. Because mine is saying most definitely: "Most Online Today: 25. Most Online Ever: 80 (Today at 12:25:00 PM)". My forum time is set to my local time, and it's been the 26th of March for the past 22 hours.
Am notified of private messages via email.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4097 on: March 26, 2015, 07:26:27 AM »
By every god there is, I'm a horrible moron.

I'm working on a huge cosplay project, which includes armour. Said armour is precision work with the gluing parts, I have to position everything right on pretty much the first try (or the second, but then the seam might already tear or stretch out of shape).

So I have everything ready, two thigh armour plates pressed together and I'm holding them in place by the ends of the seams and suddenly the middle part pops open a bit. I can't let go of the ends at this point so what do I do? I. Chomp. Down. On. It. Effectively gluing the piece to my mouth. -.-

Luckily I managed to tear it off without too much damage to my lips, and though they hurt a bit it's still better than having to go to the doctor and be like

Doctor: "What on earth did you do?"

Me: "Mrrrph."

MORAL OF THE STORY: kids, don't bite anything with super glue on it.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #4098 on: March 26, 2015, 07:36:37 AM »
By every god there is, I'm a horrible moron.

I'm working on a huge cosplay project, which includes armour. Said armour is precision work with the gluing parts, I have to position everything right on pretty much the first try (or the second, but then the seam might already tear or stretch out of shape).

So I have everything ready, two thigh armour plates pressed together and I'm holding them in place by the ends of the seams and suddenly the middle part pops open a bit. I can't let go of the ends at this point so what do I do? I. Chomp. Down. On. It. Effectively gluing the piece to my mouth. -.-

Luckily I managed to tear it off without too much damage to my lips, and though they hurt a bit it's still better than having to go to the doctor and be like

Doctor: "What on earth did you do?"

Me: "Mrrrph."

MORAL OF THE STORY: kids, don't bite anything with super glue on it.

This sounds like one of those "I have made a huuuge mistake" moments.

Man, I wish I had the skills, time and resources to make serious stuff like that. You'll have to show us pictures at some point!

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4099 on: March 26, 2015, 07:52:24 AM »
This sounds like one of those "I have made a huuuge mistake" moments.

no but seriously though, I hope you're doing okay!! but it does sound like a Valuable life lesson
and I agree you need to show us what you're making, it sounds very interesting!
you'll know where to find me.

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #4100 on: March 26, 2015, 08:22:56 AM »
Now see, you wouldn't have this issue if you used metal for armour and simply welded things together.  Then you would have a very different problem XD

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4101 on: March 26, 2015, 08:32:44 AM »
Fimbulvarg: ...yes. I'd say it was exactly one of those moments. Talking about resources, you wouldn't believe how creative I sometimes get when I want to save money on something. Anything can be used to make cosplay out of if you're desperate (and poor) enough. :D

Haiz: thankfully the only badly damaged part is my pride.  :-[ Best use of reaction image by the way!

Koeshi: waiiiit - no no nonono ow ow OW THE MENTAL IMAGES THEY WON'T GO AWAY -

I'll eventually show what I'm working on but alas, that'll take a while. For one there's still a lot to do, also the cosplay will be for a competition so I'm keeping it mostly a secret. I just wanted to come over here and share my brilliant moment of idiocy...
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #4102 on: March 26, 2015, 08:37:12 AM »
Anything can be used to make cosplay out of if you're desperate (and poor) enough. :D
And if you have the skills/ingenuity. Cosplayers are some of the most clever people out there when it comes to creative thinking. Well, most of the time anyways. Self-preservation: not so much.

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #4103 on: March 26, 2015, 08:42:06 AM »
Self-preservation: not so much.

^Scarily accurate
While hotgluing all the studs to my Attack on Titan belts (they were already pierced through, but they weren't quite stable enough to stay through a con) I ended up with all of my fingers burned because who cares if my fingers hurt, I have to hold these things in place till they dry

I also spent about 20 hours sewing my pleather belts together. Life advice: don't sew pleather, it will break your spirit
YEET

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #4104 on: March 26, 2015, 08:50:50 AM »
Koeshi: waiiiit - no no nonono ow ow OW THE MENTAL IMAGES THEY WON'T GO AWAY -

*sighs contentedly*  I love sharing my gifts with the world.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4105 on: March 26, 2015, 08:58:18 AM »
Life advice: don't sew pleather, it will break your spirit
hhhhhhhhhhhh this reminds me I still haven't finished working on my Authentic Viking Shoes
I mean, I've sewn the parts together but I will have to invert them......... it's been a year and I'm still not mentally prepared for that
you'll know where to find me.

Viisikielinenkantele

• Scout
  • Sometimes creative
« Reply #4106 on: March 26, 2015, 05:35:57 PM »
I´m not sure where to post this: I just stumbled over an english version of this multilanguage-lovesong of a german comedian:

/>
and I thougt maybe some would like it. His pronounciation is partly horrible, but it is nice nonetheless.
Native: :germany:
Mostly fluent: :uk: / :usa:
Rusty: :finland:
almost forgotten: :italy:, :estonia:, :vaticancity:
learning: :sweden:

"People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing." (Florence Foster Jenkins)

:chap5: :chap6:  :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #4107 on: March 26, 2015, 05:41:32 PM »
I´m not sure where to post this: I just stumbled over an english version of this multilanguage-lovesong of a german comedian:

/>
and I thougt maybe some would like it. His pronounciation is partly horrible, but it is nice nonetheless.

Not related to the clip you linked to, but I see you have :estland: in your signature. If you want the Estonian flag you need to replace <estland> with <estonia>.

Viisikielinenkantele

• Scout
  • Sometimes creative
« Reply #4108 on: March 26, 2015, 06:02:37 PM »
Thank you! Now it works.
Native: :germany:
Mostly fluent: :uk: / :usa:
Rusty: :finland:
almost forgotten: :italy:, :estonia:, :vaticancity:
learning: :sweden:

"People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing." (Florence Foster Jenkins)

:chap5: :chap6:  :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #4109 on: March 26, 2015, 07:35:43 PM »
hhhhhhhhhhhh this reminds me I still haven't finished working on my Authentic Viking Shoes
I mean, I've sewn the parts together but I will have to invert them......... it's been a year and I'm still not mentally prepared for that

you can do it!

I am currently playing with some patterns for some jackets. I haven't finished cutting the pieces. . . it's been almost a year.   
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: