Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387693 times)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #3990 on: March 17, 2015, 07:19:03 AM »
Wasn't sure exactly where to put this... is there a "pictures that resemble the cast" thread? Meh... General discussion seemed good, but if anyone knows somewhere better, perhaps we could move it.
That being said...

Helloooo Braidy as an adult. *fans self*
If it's SSSS related it technically belongs on the SSSS board. But there is no general SSSS discussion thread, and the SSSS board is kind of congested with minor threads, so...

That picture looks very Tolkienesqe. Like an old school Legolas.

rj_hogan

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #3991 on: March 17, 2015, 09:20:21 AM »
Hello there,

Hope this is alright, I checked the forum rule and it seemed ok to post a link here.

Just wanted to mention that I've started up a new site reviewing web comics. I only review comics I like and would recommend and I publish a new review each Monday.

You can find it at: http://www.overanalysing.com/

Both SSSS and A Redtail's Dream are reviewed on the site, so assuming your a fan of one or both of those, you might find some other web comics on there you might like to read.

Or have a read of my reviews of SSSS and A Redtail's Dream and let me know how I did - I love getting constructive feedback!

Thanks for your time,

R J Hogan
R J Hogan

Author of Over Analysing - a web comic review site
http://www.overanalysing.com

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #3992 on: March 17, 2015, 11:54:01 AM »
I'm going to assume that the SSSS review was written some time ago as a) the crowd funding for the first book has already been completed and b) Minna has stated that she intends to keep this going for a few years.

I'd say that it is a decent enough review, though in my opinion you are being overly critical about having trouble distinguishing the characters from each other.  Then again I suppose art is supposed to be all about interpretation and stuff, so maybe I shouldn't comment on that.  I also think you are being a little too vague about why the Silent World is lost to humanity, I understand that you are trying to avoid spoilers, but it is a fairly key part of the series and that knowledge would perhaps draw in people who otherwise would not think the comic worth checking from your review.  Overall it is well written, but could do with some polishing in areas.

(Also as this is your first post and it basically serves as advertising for your own website, I would recommend introducing yourself here.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 11:56:41 AM by Koeshi »

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #3993 on: March 17, 2015, 12:49:38 PM »
Perhaps we should move this into the thread for forumers' comics?  It seems to fit in the same vein, but it feels pretty advertise-y standing on its own like this. 
Feel free to PM.

Sumeri

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Hämäläisjuntti
« Reply #3994 on: March 17, 2015, 05:42:54 PM »
WAAAAHHH I just had to come here to hype because this is the first time ever I've WITNESSED THE NORTHERN LIGHTS IN THE SKY!! God they're so pretty! Now excuse me as I run back outside in my pyjamas to watch 8D
Lankeaa
metsän henget
polvilleen

native: :fi:
fluent: :gb:
somewhat struggling with: :se:
learned but mostly forgotten: :fr:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3995 on: March 17, 2015, 05:56:13 PM »
Someone's been doing something right in the art section today. New visitor record and most of it is seems to be thanks to the artists.

John Candlebury

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
  • No John, you are the demons
« Reply #3996 on: March 17, 2015, 07:24:16 PM »
WAAAAHHH I just had to come here to hype because this is the first time ever I've WITNESSED THE NORTHERN LIGHTS IN THE SKY!! God they're so pretty! Now excuse me as I run back outside in my pyjamas to watch 8D

Heh, I can relate to that. The first time I saw the Milky Way I started weeping as if someone had died.

I SWEAR IT WAS SO PRETTY

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #3997 on: March 17, 2015, 07:25:05 PM »

yes auroras are happening it's super cool. also I'm going to bed goodnight
you'll know where to find me.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #3998 on: March 17, 2015, 07:31:56 PM »

yes auroras are happening it's super cool. also I'm going to bed goodnight

Oh!  Oh!  Amazing!  Will those of you seeing auroras post pictures too?  Pleeeeease?
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #3999 on: March 17, 2015, 07:33:27 PM »
yes auroras are happening it's super cool.
Well, none happening around here, but on a similar note, remember that there's a partial solar eclipse on Saturday morning.

And no looking at it without proper eye protection! No, sunglasses and soot-blackened glass panes don't cut it.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #4000 on: March 18, 2015, 01:12:11 AM »
Well, none happening around here, but on a similar note, remember that there's a partial solar eclipse on Saturday morning.

And no looking at it without proper eye protection! No, sunglasses and soot-blackened glass panes don't cut it.

If only it were saturday morning here... it will be friday morning and the moon chose the time when we have break regularly. So it will be indoorbreak for those kids who have no propper glasses and many of my colleagues are already freaking out... They even think of closing all shutters... eh.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Peraphelion

• Imaginary friend
« Reply #4001 on: March 18, 2015, 01:27:57 AM »

I'm too cool for those silly things. *stares at sun*
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams

Fluent :usa:
Learning :ireland: :finland: :japan:
Mostly forgotten :mexico:

Sumeri

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Hämäläisjuntti
« Reply #4002 on: March 18, 2015, 04:07:35 AM »
Sadly, I don't own a camera, so I couldn't take any pics, but if anyone wants to see those auroras, here's a link to a list of some cool pics taken around Finland last night(the red ones look awesome): http://www.taivaanvahti.fi/observations/browse/pics/772131/observation_id
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 04:18:17 AM by Sumeri »
Lankeaa
metsän henget
polvilleen

native: :fi:
fluent: :gb:
somewhat struggling with: :se:
learned but mostly forgotten: :fr:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Q

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: they
« Reply #4003 on: March 18, 2015, 04:32:35 AM »
Sadly, I don't own a camera, so I couldn't take any pics, but if anyone wants to see those auroras, here's a link to a list of some cool pics taken around Finland last night(the red ones look awesome): http://www.taivaanvahti.fi/observations/browse/pics/772131/observation_id

So pretty, thank you! I especially love the ones with parts of buildings still cropped into the photo - as someone far too south to have any chance to see any of it, the very landscape-y pictures can end up feeling kind of unreal to me. Seeing it in context like that is great.
Fluent: :usa:
Conversational: :norway:
Forgot most of it and started over: :russia:
Maybe someday: :hungary: :japan: :finland: :iceland:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #4004 on: March 18, 2015, 11:29:44 AM »
If only it were saturday morning here... it will be friday morning
Now wait a second, we are in the same country, aren't we? ???
[Checks online]
Yup, I somehow got the day wrong, which means that I will not be near my own eclipse filter glasses in time. >:(

the moon chose the time when we have break regularly. So it will be indoorbreak for those kids who have no propper glasses and many of my colleagues are already freaking out... They even think of closing all shutters... eh.
Considering that for Germany, the eclipse will technically last roughly from 09:30 to 12:00 (but be visible for only part of that, ~10:42 is merely the darkest moment), that'll be a long break / shuttering ...
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15